Lag issues - Inventory taking forever to load

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag issues - Inventory taking forever to load

This has never happened in the past. Since this morning, my inventory just has the white animated circles twirling on all icons. It took over 5 minutes to load the first page. Also the outland exploration map is impossible to drag around to see what is ahead. Is there a problem? My internet is working just fine on all websites like youtube. Usually if my system is having internet problems, it shows with youtube videos loading but there is no issue there.

This has been going on for a while with most players and there's a upcoming maintenance. Whether or not the current issues will be addressed...we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

It seems to be only with Firefox. I play another toon on the Opera browser and it runs normally. Not sure what Firefox did but I cleared the cache in the browser and in the game with flash and its still happening. Really frustrating. Its never happened before.

Comment

Firefox is unplayable for me. I tried Opera and it works... for a while. Need to f5 a fair bit, but it is playable. Not sure if it's a flash issue, game issue, or a combination. I thought for a moment it was me, but some people are having similar issues. Firefox, the icons for inventory takes 2 minutes per page to load. Opera, about 5 seconds. But Opera stills has lag issues and maxes out CPU usage for no reason. Other flash games/videos work fine on my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by cyc2u View Post
          It seems to be only with Firefox. I play another toon on the Opera browser and it runs normally. Not sure what Firefox did but I cleared the cache in the browser and in the game with flash and its still happening. Really frustrating. Its never happened before.
          My guess is that your browser (firefox) is set to update automatically. I would suggest trying a previous version 48 or even 47 and then turn auto update off in browser settings.

Comment

Same problem here since a few days ago. I play two toons at the same time and never had any problems but now, it sometimes it is impossible to play with two toons @ the same time.

I always use the combination Maxthon and Firefox and that never was a problem. Now, Maxthon runs a sort of oke (no inventory lag but i need to refresh every 45 mins due to other lag since latest patch). Opera, Chrome, Edge, IE and mini-browser are horrible with inventory. It takes 2 to 4 mins to load the icons.

The funny thing is, Flash takes up 520MB of memory per instance (two browsers so 2x 520MB), processor load is just 30% for both browsers and i have 8GB of mem installed. So, the load of the computers resources isn't the problem, flash doesn't seem to be the problem too, it is the game.

I even tried to assign Maxthon and Firefox and Flash each to a seperate processor-core (since Windows assign them to the same cores) but no effective result and the lag still excists. I ruled out any connectionproblems wich leaves the game to be the problem. Sinnce the latest patch the game became annoying at some points and it is time to fix this. Developers cannot introduce new things without fixing the older problems (what is fixed from patch 5.8? nothing). The lag is getting worser with each change. As an example, the lag in guild battle, this really causes players to miss out on dev because they can't normally walk to the opponents ward. Well, try to attack other players in guild battle became difficult too.

R2, FIX THIS!

Comment

I use firefox...for the most part don't have inventory loading issues. If you haven't already, right click settings, then "Deny" for local storage....might help.

Comment

same problem here too. Last 2 days : (

Comment

It got a little better today. I upgraded firefox to newest version, then got a message for a new flash update, and then java. I also cleared the cache 3 ways. right clicking has the option, right clicking and picking settings has another option which cleared my chat history as well (wasn't happy about that) and holding down the shift key as i refresh firefox. Not sure which of them things helped, but now the inventory loads about 20 seconds per page, which is a big improvement. Still much laggier than it was before, but playable.

Comment

I now HAVE to use Opera to play it since Firefox is a nightmare. It's still nasty (the lag), but it's somewhat playable. As usual, no communications from developers on a massive lag issue (worse than their usual lag that they've given up on even thinking about addressing).

Comment

Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
                      I now HAVE to use Opera to play it since Firefox is a nightmare. It's still nasty (the lag), but it's somewhat playable. As usual, no communications from developers on a massive lag issue (worse than their usual lag that they've given up on even thinking about addressing).
                      So true....whatever they did Wed-Thurs made lag MUCH worse for me. I never used to lag except in things like Outland (Post Grab) and Chaos wars.....now I lag just moving through CC

Comment

Originally posted by cyc2u View Post
                        I encounter the problem only on Firefox. When I use SRIronware, Maxthon, or Chrome, there are no issues. IE has never worked well for me and Opera has massive lag issues any time there are a lot of players (world boss, guild battle, battle grounds).

Comment

Originally posted by clicker View Post
                          So true....whatever they did Wed-Thurs made lag MUCH worse for me. I never used to lag except in things like Outland (Post Grab) and Chaos wars.....now I lag just moving through CC
                          It seems like the merged everyone to using same login screen. Lag has increased, it takes longer to login, and every time I have to clear cache, the loading times are outrageous. I can't even do bgs because nobody will load...I'm not weak, but with nobody loading, the only players I get to fight are those who attack me (which normally are the whales). It makes bg a waste of time; I don't need honor, but to work on titles, I need to actually win fights, not just be food for whales.

Comment

Working...
                          X