Clear All

• Suggestion - Button to switch off floating damage

This is from todays Titan War:

Click image for larger version

Name:	TW1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	717.9 KB
ID:	1780334

Would it be possible to have an option in settings to turn off floating damage numbers, because this is a mess its the same in Tower of Kings, lags my poor toaster something rotten.

If you're talking about floating damage numbers, R2 won't do that.
    If you're talking about floating damage as to an astral output, just remove that astral.
    Then again, let's hope you're asking about the first one.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

I thought it pretty obvious I am talking about the battle generated damage/healing figures as depicted in the picture.

I don't see how any person looking at the image and the description would come to any other depiction unless they were trolling.

And your right as long as people respond to a post with "R2 won't do that", or try to troll then nothing will be done.

Comment

Originally posted by ao001 View Post
        And your right as long as people respond to a post with "R2 won't do that", or try to troll then nothing will be done.
        At the risk of being called a 'troll', R2 won't do that. At least I doubt it.

Comment

Not only during titan wars. The excessive lag from all the crit dmg and heal numbers that flood the screen occurs as long as you're up against 3 or more players with their euds in ToK and arena. That being said, the vibrating shake effect only makes it worse, but i fully concur that dmg numbers should be hidden or should flash as fast as skill casting text and fade away quickly and not linger and flood the whole screen causing more lag.
          I dont know about you but the only numbers I'd be concern are heals and dmg dealt to my hp orb during battle. I don't need to see crit dmg done to my enemy as I have no idea what's my enemy total hp But all i need to see is the % change in my enemy's hp bar is enough to tell if I'm doing enough dmg to them or not.

Comment

I think you'll find that it is the vibration that causes the most issues. There is something rotten in that code.

Comment

Trust me, mate. We've been pleading to R2/devs to make those numbers smaller or something since the first time they came about and made the entire screen lag like hell. A few folks even suggested that we do away with the damage numbers, but as stubborn R2 has been, seems like they are there to stay and in that current form. This is the first game I had seen where the damage seems like it's going in slow motion. Most games and damage identifiers would be gone in half a second once popped up.

PS, I was up in the morning where I had an all-nighter the night before so I could not see straight and just got some of the parts in.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                I think you'll find that it is the vibration that causes the most issues. There is something rotten in that code.
                We could always switch to a Will Destroyer build, no 'vibration'. Which do you prefer, decent damage or less lag?

Comment

Less lag if it means that we get 2 hits to their one. Think about it for a second.

Comment

I go for no lag, kiddies. Too much lag (or vibration) puts this old man (okay 41, but feel that way) in a near epileptic seizure. The game was good when they had the small damage numbers. Why they changed to large font (seriously, I can read good without the need for glasses, and bigger font is just an insult) is way beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                    X