Guild Recruitment Section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Recruitment Section

I've had some people come to me and ask if there could possibly be added into the forum a guild recruitment section? I'm not sure if this has ever been asked or discussed, so I'm throwing it out there for some info and opinions on it now.
    ~~~CutiePatooty S658 Cmon down and join the party~~~

I'm torn on this suggestion.

On one hand, it's far more efficient to use ingame chat to tell people your guild is recruiting. On the other, having recruitment posts on the forum would be a great way to showcase active servers for people who are looking for a home.

I have a few concerns, from a moderation standpoint. I would have no way of knowing if you are authorized to recruit for your guild, or that you are even from that guild, or if a week from now that guild still exists. How do we handle that?

What kind of posting standards would be expected for the recruitment post? No one will want to scroll through a list of threads that only say "join my guild".

Also, what about opponents of the guild or of the person posting the thread? Comments about a guild or its members would technically be on topic, even if they are attempting to dissuade people from joining.

I can make it happen if it will be a section that gets used. I would need to see a lot of people in this thread saying they would utilize such a section in order to warrant creating it. I will also need to see some discussion on the concerns I've mentioned.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I'm completely in same boat with ya. Yeah , I think it could possibly be great but I also know from being an x mod from other games years past, it can be a bit crazy and hard to handle. Can always put up guide lines like all other sections have. Respectful, keep it clean, Introduce urself, your guild, what you're looking and hoping for in players and for those that are looking to apply or interested, what are they looking for out of a guild. I'm sure I could think of more things that could be pro's and con's to this but for the most part , you've put it all out there to what most of us could think about it. But like I said, just really wanted opinions and ideas for the most part on it. Could be something to look into and speak with other mods about. Get some suggestions, opinions, ideas on guide lines and also discuss all the cons that could possibly be involved as well. Thanks for replyin and giving your thoughts on it MemoryLane. It's greatly appreciated.

Comment

The main concern is how many people will use the section. If we can get a couple dozen people who would be totally into it, the rest of the details can be worked out as we go.

There's another option we can do if not many people would be willing or interested in a Guild Recruitment subforum. We'll let this thread run through the next maintenance and I'll come back with my proposal for that.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Thanks Memory, sounds great.

Comment

I may throw in a few your way to aid you in making that decision, folks.

In other gaming forums that I am a part of, they typically have a section where folks can put forth on recruiting members for their guild. Typically, a guild recruiting post would include the following (obvious):
            1. Guild Name
            2. Server (or Cluster) the Guild is located in.
            3. Guild Representative of Contact (could be 1 or a few).
            4. Description of the Guild (what they are like, activities, etc.; a few tidbits to make it enticing to the prospective recruit).
            5. (Optional) Guild Requirements/Expectations of Member
            Kind of simple, right?

Okay, on to the moderation bits. Majority of the threads that are recruiting for guilds are the responsibility of the thread's creator. Any post onto a thread that is not within said guidelines (as off-topic), usually gets deleted by the moderator in charge of said section (and after the thread creator reports it; if no report, then nothing is done). Duplicates are often deleted to prevent spamming of such. Rivalries are often welcome, but has to go within the rules; if they started to flame up, sections of that thread (affected posts) will be deleted.

We don't get that many guild recruitment posts because most games are dwindling down (making way for the mobile market) in activity. However, I am just sharing a few bits to see if it would be a viable way as right now recruiting is through the game and via the guild master (the assistants only can take in guild recruits as they cannot pop up the recruitment text like the GL does for people to click onto for faster application; instead many have to go and try to look for said guild to apply, and it could vary).
            Last edited by Meikura001; 03-17-2018, 04:14 PM.
            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Perfectly worded Meikura001

Comment

there is just one big problem whit this succestion.. for what i know only an handfull of players on my server (huge merged server) ever go to forums... wich means they would never see this option either..
                Like a winderwind my whispers confuse you, they make yours ears freeze and before you notice Im gone by the wind. I made you heart hurt? Oh no, dont worry, Its just marks after my bow!
                Sticks like a rose and may be deadly..

Comment

this would be a waste of time it will never work in this game

if u wanna join a guild just look for 1 in guild icon interface or wait till some 1 posts a link to join guild

don't want the forums glogging up with useless rants about joining a guild

Comment

Fair points.

So another option is, if people start making guild recruitment threads, I can make a sticky in Game Discussion that will index links to those threads, so that people who might come to the forum and happen to also be looking for a new server or guild can easily find any that have been posted. From there, if it starts getting to be a lot of threads from people trying to recruit for their guild, we can move everything over to a new subforum.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                      this would be a waste of time it will never work in this game

if u wanna join a guild just look for 1 in guild icon interface or wait till some 1 posts a link to join guild

don't want the forums glogging up with useless rants about joining a guild
                      You got a fair point, harry. I can't argue with that. My own ship has a unique name that could not possibly be copied, so it's fairly easy to find if they know which part to type in the search.

Memory, that suggestion would work as well. We can try that to see how far it goes. We can always scale back if it doesn't go as intended with no harm done.
                      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
                      X