BG and Dryad Tweak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG and Dryad Tweak

Quick story: I did the last WB of the day and noticed that there was 6 minutes left in BG, and since I still got 1 attempt and about to get off for the night, I decided to go in to grab some shards and maybe honor at the end. I got killed twice in those 6 minutes and lost 400 honor each time. This is probably not common but the fact that it can happen says a lot about the current system.

I know that there are a lot of threads on the balance in BG and for good reason. However, for this one, I'm just suggesting one change. This might have been suggested already, but I haven't seen it. Either way, this would bring some awareness to the topic.

If you lose to someone with dryad, your honor loss is none, or the minimum (10 I think).

I can understand that dryad is there so the weaker people in BG can get kills, and I'm usually one of those weaker ones so this is not a whinefest from a casher who wants everything. With this change, the stronger people in GB without high VIP lvl can still get honor and the weaker ones can still get some kills.

I personally don't like the honor loss either. I think the amount should be adjusted. I agree that the lower levels are trying to get honor and I don't mind even losing to someone with a dryad, but I do mind losing 200 - 400 honor to a dryad bomb. I'm working hard to get to my next level too, but I dislike the honor loss at bg. Like being MVP with 17 kills and ending up at -100. :/ and ppl wonder why i quit doing bg.
    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

There is only one solution for fixing BG's and Group Arena matches.. Make matching according to BR instead of level - e.g. 25-30k BR, 30-35k BR etc..
      Make it so it can't be changed once inside the BG, by boosting with potions, removing/equiping armor etc. - doing so will result in a kick from BG.

Would make both arena and BG much more fun, and certainly more 'honorable'

Comment

Originally posted by HopelessX View Post
        There is only one solution for fixing BG's and Group Arena matches.. Make matching according to BR instead of level - e.g. 25-30k BR, 30-35k BR etc..
        Make it so it can't be changed once inside the BG, by boosting with potions, removing/equiping armor etc. - doing so will result in a kick from BG.

While I do agree a BR brackets would be better than lvl, that's not what this topic is about. Dryad and honor loss will still be a problem even with BR brackets. A BG for 30-35k BR might start out fair, but what happens when somebody gets a 20% dryad? That person's BR isn't an accurate representation of his/her strength anymore.

The idea of losing more honor to an opponent with lower honor rank is meant to punish players for losing to a supposedly weaker player, but with dryad, that originally weaker player might actually be a lot stronger than the other person (I hope that sentence make sense lol).

Comment

Originally posted by HopelessX View Post

Nice suggestion.

However, keep it with level, remove Holy Seal or change it into an entirely different function. (like slow player casting by 50% up to 3 rounds instead of a no-action for up to 3 rounds)

And change the amount of Honor lost by 50%.

Than add in the auto-Kick if a player "pots up or re-equips" while being inside of the BG (so a player can only pot up and re-equip before they head into BG)

What this do is, it prevents players from removing equipment to gain Dryad for Bombing.

Comment

Only changes I'd like to see for BG is honor loss based on BR not honor. Die to someone with higher BR then you, you lose less honor. Since Drayd doesn't change your BR, have deaths to dryaded players reduce honor loss by the same % they are dryaded. If you die to a +30% drayd you lose 30% less honor. The killer still gains full honor from the kill.

Comment

As far as the Dryad's go, I feel they should stay because just think of all the people that have been bullied by higher level players, Dryad's gives the bullied person a chance for some payback, so my advice is don't be a bully, & kill someone multiple times, cause what goes around, comes around. As far as Holy Seal goes, get yours to lvl 10(for lvl 62 & below), and problem is solved.

Comment

All the suggested changes have the same theme:

Please make BG such that we get honor easy while not having the risk of any honor loss. At the same time, please remove the effects that the longterm players have over us (i.e please remove Holy Seal. We don't care how long they have been playing this game. We just want to get our kills even though they played this game 6 more months than us).
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

@Condor: 6 months is a short period! Spend 10 times more than him/her and you'll do fine!
                  The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                    All the suggested changes have the same theme:

Please make BG such that we get honor easy while not having the risk of any honor loss. At the same time, please remove the effects that the longterm players have over us (i.e please remove Holy Seal. We don't care how long they have been playing this game. We just want to get our kills even though they played this game 6 more months than us).
                    Why should I lose a lot of honor to a player that's stronger than me (after dryad buff)? That's the only thing I addressed here. I'm not asking for easy honor, I'm asking that if I lose honor, it's for good reason. I realize it's that way so people would spend more for higher VIP lvl, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Comment

Why do people keep talking about this??

We all know it's not going to change anytime soon, so we just have to deal with it the best we can.

As for the solution, it's simple:- Dryad's only kick in when your attacked, and not when your doing the attacking!
                      This way you can build dryads as much as you want, but to utilize them someone has to attack you. You can't build them, then go hunting as they won't kick in when you attack

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                        We all know it's not going to change anytime soon, so we just have to deal with it the best we can.
                        If we can't suggest things just because they won't change anytime soon, then might as well get rid of the Suggestions part in the forums. I could be wrong, but none of the players' suggestions will actually be in the game. Even if R2 is reading these suggestions, do they even have the ability to implement them or it's all 7roads? The suggestions here are for players to fantasize about a better game because the current one has a lot of frustrating aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by R27402931 View Post
                          If we can't suggest things just because they won't change anytime soon, then might as well get rid of the Suggestions part in the forums. I could be wrong, but none of the players' suggestions will actually be in the game. Even if R2 is reading these suggestions, do they even have the ability to implement them or it's all 7roads? The suggestions here are for players to fantasize about a better game because the current one has a lot of frustrating aspects.
                          Yeah your right, a lot of frustrating things.

Like people not using the search button and finding out every scenario has already been discussed about the BG and dryads

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                            Yeah your right, a lot of frustrating things.

Like people not using the search button and finding out every scenario has already been discussed about the BG and dryads
                            Yes, I probably should've find an old thread and necropost. That would save some space I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Ketis View Post
                              As far as the Dryad's go, I feel they should stay because just think of all the people that have been bullied by higher level players, Dryad's gives the bullied person a chance for some payback, so my advice is don't be a bully, & kill someone multiple times, cause what goes around, comes around. As far as Holy Seal goes, get yours to lvl 10(for lvl 62 & below), and problem is solved.
                              yes i carted all game and got dryad bombed for 200, twice....im such a bully.
                              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Working...
                              X