Guild Battles.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Battles.....

I would like to suggest changes in regards to Guilds and Guild Battles in the following.
    • Guild Member Size;
    • Guild Battle Mechanics;
    • Guild Battle Schedule;

Guild Members Size
    Guilds can admit too many members too quickly. This causes only a very limited number of guilds (usually one or two) to dominate a server and making it virtually impossible for new or even existing guilds to grow, making players move on to new servers and thus consolidating the dominating guilds position on the server etc... etc... Until the server has been deserted by all except for those players in the dominating guilds and the server has become all but 'dead'.

This is not good for those guilds either as they now slowly wither away as no new players will join that server, but old active players do stop playing over time....

Smaller guilds mean more dynamic guild competition and mechanics.

A suggestion for guild sizes would be:
    • Level 1 - 15 members
    • Level 2 - 25
    • Level 3 - 33
    • Level 4 - 40
    • Level 5 – 45 and further expansion increment by 5 until maximum of 60 has been reached.

Guild Battle Mechanics

In guild battles there can be an atrocious mismatch of guilds, where by one side has 40 people and the other side 5. This is not enjoyable for the five, but neither does it make it enjoyable for the one with 40. Might as well not have the Guild Battle at all (this seems to happen over time anyway as one side just doesn't show up) and give the prizes based on who shows up and ranking/world boss placing... Saves everybody time.

I suggest something like the following to make it more interesting for both the bigger and smaller Guilds.

Rotating members upon defeat.
    Players who are defeated have their spot taken by a waiting guild member and have to wait their turn again (health is not regenerated until defeated).

I would suggest the number of players allowed on the battle area per side is determined as follows: Guild with the least number of members in the Battle Area * 2 + the number of the opposing Guild in the Battle Area divided by 3 rounded up (with a minimum of 10).

Example: Guild A has 25 players in the Guild Battle area and Guild B has 11.

As the Guild B has the least players, the maximum number of players the other Guild can enter into the Battle = 2*11 + 25 = 47 /3 = 15.667, rounded up makes 16, creating a 11 vs 16 match.

For the remaining Guild A members, they now have to wait for a fellow guild member to be defeated to be allowed to enter (while the defeated player now has to wait).

The number of players allowed on the Battle Area would be continuously recalculated as people come into (and leave) the Guild Battle. For example three minutes into the Guild Battle, Guild B adds another 5 to their total. It would now be recalculated to (2*16+25)/3 = 19. Thus creating a 16 vs 19 battle (now it becomes really interesting). If people leave, the number would be reduced (but this would be resolved by a defeated member not being replaced until the right number of players on the Battle Area has been reached).

In the example of the 5 vs 40 it would be 2*5 + 40 / 3 = 16.667 thus 17 (this would still be an unbalanced battle but at least little more interesting).

Guild Battle Schedule
    Can we have a better 'spread' of times and days of the Guild battles?

I am surprised it isn't over Friday/Saturday and Sunday and at different times to allow people who would never be able to make the 20:00 time due to work/time zone etc. at least have one slot they can make it.

I suggest to have a morning, afternoon and evening session, preferably on one day (Saturday would probably a good day and then the sessions should be well spread out).

If you would argue it would clash with other events... Well, choose, you already have to choose between certain events now (Tanks clash with battle ground for example).

Besides.... I know what I would go for if I had to choose between an everyday event and Guild Battle.

Anyway
    My thoughts on it....

Additional.....

I saw this suggestion somewhere else [Original at http://forum.************/viewthread.php?tid=90896] and I am shamelessly endorsing this suggestion, too. I am placing it into my post to have these suggestions together..

In short it suggest to ability to merge guilds together without the [substantial] loss of the contribution wealth.
    Last edited by Sequintyx; 09-06-2013, 08:24 AM. Reason: Grammar, clarification and additional suggestion

1) It seems that gb destroys the guilds on almost every server. More people means more people to talk to, more fun for me. But no, for most of the people a guild with many people means that not everyone can join the gb, or in your case that is to strong and makes the other from the smaller guilds quit.
    My opinion: if they can't enjoy the game because they lose in a gb which takes place 3 times/week which usually totals 2 hours /week maybe they should change the game not the server. The game doesn't circles around gb you know...
    2)This system will make everybody stressed up, some people already needs to take some pills to reduce their blood presure after they've been in a gb with 98-99% chances of win because if they aren't careful they might lose.Gb seems to kill the fun in this game so I don't like this idea either
    3) well some people spends the weekends with family or other things and don't spend as much time in front of the computer as they do during the week, so there isn't any real schedule that shall satisfy all

Conclusion: the gb is one of the main factors that makes people to change guilds or server. Learn to have fun people, don't let an event that usually lasts 2 hours per week provoke so much hate and so many fights among you. The reason why my server is dead is because they hate each other for the simple fact that they are in different guilds, calling each other enemies all day long, every day for a 2hours event /week :|

Comment

Added to the wrong thread
      Last edited by Lananique; 09-12-2013, 04:27 AM. Reason: Deleted for being in the wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by R218901250 View Post
        1) It seems that gb destroys the guilds on almost every server. More people means more people to talk to, more fun for me. But no, for most of the people a guild with many people means that not everyone can join the gb, or in your case that is to strong and makes the other from the smaller guilds quit.
        My opinion: if they can't enjoy the game because they lose in a gb which takes place 3 times/week which usually totals 2 hours /week maybe they should change the game not the server. The game doesn't circles around gb you know...
        2)This system will make everybody stressed up, some people already needs to take some pills to reduce their blood presure after they've been in a gb with 98-99% chances of win because if they aren't careful they might lose.Gb seems to kill the fun in this game so I don't like this idea either
        3) well some people spends the weekends with family or other things and don't spend as much time in front of the computer as they do during the week, so there isn't any real schedule that shall satisfy all

Conclusion: the gb is one of the main factors that makes people to change guilds or server. Learn to have fun people, don't let an event that usually lasts 2 hours per week provoke so much hate and so many fights among you. The reason why my server is dead is because they hate each other for the simple fact that they are in different guilds, calling each other enemies all day long, every day for a 2hours event /week :|

Hi R218901250,

Thank you for responding and I am sorry to hear, your server has descended into to vitriolic name calling, that is not a fun player environment. Luckily, I have yet to experience excessive verbal abuse.

From points one and two, you seem to suggest to scrap Guild Battles all together. An option I had not thought of and I would disagree with. I think without Guild Battles there would be very little point of multiple guilds (just have one per server, guilds would be upgraded by vote or a standard way of expansion etc...). However perhaps the way GBs are held or how they are conducted could be revised, all though I don't have a suggestion for at the moment, other then to create cross server league tables.

In regards of the time schedule... I don't think you have understood what I wrote or I was not clear enough. My primary suggestion is to have the three Guild Battles at three different times... I understand there isn't a schedule that will satisfy everybody all of the time. Again that is not what I attempt to achieve. By having a morning, afternoon and evening session (regardless on which day or days they are held) it would mean a larger group of people would be able to attend at least one session, rather then a (smaller) group of players able to make them all...

For the rest of your remarks, I am uncertain if you referring to some of my suggestions or not. Or if they were directed at me specifically (are you suggesting I don't enjoy the game because I lose) or just stating general observations. Can you be more specific about what points you are commenting on or were you just adding comments of you own?

Regards
        Last edited by Sequintyx; 09-12-2013, 04:32 AM. Reason: Typo removed

Comment

Hi Sequintyx,

My remarks were not referring to you specifically, it was general and it came from 2 things:
          a) a lot of people on the new servers that asks for merges all the time for the simple fact that a guild always win even though the older servers needs merges for real reasons.It seems they either are to proud to lose 1-2 times /week or they are not satisfied without max rewards even thought I consider the losing team wins quite a few insignia/honor.
          b) My own experience. On my server almost every guild that participates in the gb hates each other. While the 2 strongest guilds always swears each other on world chat because of it. I was initially in the strongest guild which always won the gb, but even so the g m asked us to remove all the members from the second guild from our friends list, and to not help them anymore in mpd/arena, after which he changed it and forbidden us to help only their top players. Ofc a lot of players left the server because they couldn't enjoy the game if they lost once/week in the gb.

I disagreed with your first point because I saw many people asking this just for gb purposes, because not all can participate in it, and they don't want to lose the change to get those rewards as well. For me more people = more fun in a guild. Since the wartune game doesn't circles around the gb I see no reason for guilds to have just less people then they currently do.

Regarding the second point I also talked from my own experience. It seems that people are really stressed in gb even when they have 98% to win. Few people actually enjoys the gb without any stress, most of them being weaker people who are used with lower rewards from wb,spire and so on. I am tired of all the tension in it, and close battles leads to it. The main reason I disagree with it is because of the "if a player is defeated another player will switch him" which I hope i understood correctly. This will make people act selfishly avoiding important battles at all costs which ofc will lead to a lot of fights because that won't be in the guilds(teams) interest

3) I understand what you are saying, or at least I think I do, but there are a lot of people which strive for the top. For this reason they want to participate in all the gb and win all of them.They can't do that anymore if the schedule is changed. Your reasoning for this is noble, but from my experience gb leads to a lot of selfishness.I really hope this happens just on my server but from what I saw in all the other gb threads on this forum, they all asked merges or to reduce the nr of players in the guilds for gb purposes so I doubt it.

Regards
          Last edited by R218901250; 09-12-2013, 05:29 AM.

Comment

They could just add more guilds to guild battles, instead of eight have like fifteen or twenty that would solve a lot of problems with guild battle seeing as more guilds would be involved. This would also make it where not everyone would have to leave their guild to join top eight and not all would want to join the top guild to win all the time seeing as you wouldn't face the same guilds all the time you could win more.

Comment

Sequintyx

+100 For smaller guild sizes. I thought about this today myself. Server death would take much, much longer if it were equal to, or just a little over as you stated. I think it would also increase the amount a player might spend because it would increase competition greatly.
              My name itself is a flame...sweeeeeet! awesome! epic!

Comment

Working...
              X