EWD at World Boss?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EWD at World Boss?

Would like some opinions here. I'm a mage using the enhanced will destroyer build and I just hit level 50. At the moment I switch to crit astrals for the world boss (lvl 5 enhanced determination and lvl 4 pristine sniper) but I'm considering feeding them to my level 5 EWD to get that to level 6 and just using that everywhere since it will be much cheaper to just have to focus on one astral instead of three.

Right now, it seems like the two setups would be more or less equal in damage output, but it's still early days and I was wondering if anyone with a bit more experience would be able to give me some advice on how the two might compare as my character gets stronger. I'm really tempted to go ahead and get rid of the crit astrals, but I don't want to regret it later. :/

I heard that your crit rate decreases with your BR, which could be a problem because I refine out crit meaning that I'll never have more than 2k crit even with a maxed holy sniper's edge (as if that will ever happen lol) so I might stop getting crits on the world boss. But I've also noticed that crit rates on the world boss are unusually high, so what might the crit rate look like some months down the line when I'm, say, 60k br with a crit value of 1.5k?

Mage? Keep them all. I know it's a pain, but crit at world boss will pay off far better and will destroyer works better in normal situations. Tested a few times. Go crit for world boss where the rates are huge anyways...you will win more gold guaranteed and that's more gold to level all astrals. Later in the game you might turn crit mage..but this is when you can generate at least 4-5k crit stat minimum, and maybe when you can do this around level 70 go crit mage, if you really desire. I had same dilema as you...glad I am WD mage now and will be well on my way to crit mage later.
    Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

lvl 50 with 60k br is good and if u like the idea of going to crit , its way more fun with your br and u will enjoy it

so here are some tips , get holy sniper edge but still use pristine sniper to farm more gold until the red astral . EWD vs crit in wb crit wins in WB and u will farm more gold than EWD meaning u will develop your character faster than EWD mage.

when u get the holy sniper edge get it to lvl 7 though it will take some weeks if u do WB daily and get enhanced determination astral it will help u increase your crit rate

and also try to get imperial commander to get + 610crit to boost your crit stat. when u acheive the red sniper edge get it to lvl 7 which will give 2016 crit stat bonus so

determination astral will help too to crit almost every hit

it means u will have to sacrifice some astral , gems and refining , thats if u dont mind . u can take out hp gems from your level 50 leg set and replace them with lvl 5 crit gems , thats if u have legendary set because the fourth socket open , it wil give u an advantage to use your crit gem.

if u refine all of your legenday piece with lvl 10 . crit that would be 100+ addtional stat ( dont know exactly but i know its 100 more with lvl 10 crit) = 800+ (lets just say its 800 for now)

lets say u have 4 lvl 5 gems on four peices of your gear = 224

so i will come to calculations now

2016 + 800 +610 + 224 = 3650 crit stat and determination will boost your crit rate .

so that will be good but if u push further it will benefit u alot but it depends on if u are going for legendary set or pvp set . if u go for pvp set stay EWD if legendary , test crit .

and actually , the reason why u are experiencing low crit rate is your br is too much for that crit and your crit stat is poor at this point , at least u need 3.5k crit to do good for your br and to do good crit damage and heal too

if u cant do the above , i say EWD is the best for u , hope i helped u clarify somethings out
      Last edited by Mugetsu110; 04-22-2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

@OP:

Keep the Crit/Deter set up for WB.

I fed mine into my MDEF a few months back for a CW boost. The CW boost was excellent... but my WB income dropped 20% and I regretted my rash decision within a few days. It took me 6 weeks to regain astrals of a similar quality to the ones I used for the boost.

You could consider keeping a few crit gems on hand? swap them in and out, like your astrals for WB? Perhaps be less efficient with your refining on your next armour set and leave a few crit refines in?
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

yeah , actually is kinda good for WB income and that helps develop the character even faster , the first thing i would advise u to do cabbs is get red crit astral first and while upgrading is in progress , stay on EWD but dont use EWD for WB it will be so boring man

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I was going to just go pure EWD but you've convinced me otherwise. I'm going to swap out hp refines for crit in my gear so that should give another 700 for when I do the wb and still leaves the other 4 refines for important things. Hp really is useless to me, if I don't kill someone in 3 turns then I'll end up using restoration a few times and the hp from that alone makes hp refines hardly noticeable

Comment

Back the old days, I remember that having ~2k crit was definitely enough to crit relatively often on WB (with 80kish BR).
              I tried doing EWD WB and lower mages (2-5k lower matk), who used crit build for WB, were doing similar to me.
              A few months ago I changed my build to crit and I love it, even though I lose some fights because of it's disadvantages.

Comment

Crit does look like fun, but then it makes me wish I was an archer. Ah, if only there was a button to just switch between classes while keeping all your stats, it would be the best button ever. ^_^

Comment

well dont wish to be an archer , archers abandon many stats just to sacrifice just for the crit . mage with well crit do cit damage and crit heal , so you are in the right place my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Migetsu View Post
                    well dont wish to be an archer , archers abandon many stats just to sacrifice just for the crit . mage with well crit do cit damage and crit heal , so you are in the right place my friend
                    mugetsu baneed so migetsu came?mogetsu next?

Comment

well somebody misses me alot

Comment

Originally posted by Cabbs View Post
                        Would like some opinions here. I'm a mage using the enhanced will destroyer build and I just hit level 50. At the moment I switch to crit astrals for the world boss (lvl 5 enhanced determination and lvl 4 pristine sniper) but I'm considering feeding them to my level 5 EWD to get that to level 6 and just using that everywhere since it will be much cheaper to just have to focus on one astral instead of three.

Right now, it seems like the two setups would be more or less equal in damage output, but it's still early days and I was wondering if anyone with a bit more experience would be able to give me some advice on how the two might compare as my character gets stronger. I'm really tempted to go ahead and get rid of the crit astrals, but I don't want to regret it later. :/

I heard that your crit rate decreases with your BR, which could be a problem because I refine out crit meaning that I'll never have more than 2k crit even with a maxed holy sniper's edge (as if that will ever happen lol) so I might stop getting crits on the world boss. But I've also noticed that crit rates on the world boss are unusually high, so what might the crit rate look like some months down the line when I'm, say, 60k br with a crit value of 1.5k?
                        Firstly, the issue of either being a will destroyer or crit mage lies within your choice. But going for will destroyer as a mage means there will be no crit, but you will not be able to make alot of gold when you use will destroyer. Remember if you're using crit, make sure you have determination with you so that the chances that you crit will be improved.

Note- In My Opinion, if you need more gold and daru per session of the world boss, it would be better to be a crit mage, but if you're fine with being an ewd mage, then it's just fine as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Alberteiny View Post
                          Firstly, the issue of either being a will destroyer or crit mage lies within your choice. But going for will destroyer as a mage means there will be no crit, but you will not be able to make alot of gold when you use will destroyer. Remember if you're using crit, make sure you have determination with you so that the chances that you crit will be improved.

Note- In My Opinion, if you need more gold and daru per session of the world boss, it would be better to be a crit mage, but if you're fine with being an ewd mage, then it's just fine as well.
                          determination doesnt increase crit chance, it increase crit damage
                          Server: East Coast Server 300+
                          Class: Mage
                          Level: 70+
                          Battle Rating: 90+k
                          Honor: Lord Divine

Comment

Working...
                          X