Killing RRO in Battle Grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing RRO in Battle Grounds

People really don't have respect for others when killing the Recourse recovery officer in battle grounds.
    They are :

1. Wasting peoples time,who are just carting in peace.
    2. They are gaining nothing from killing the rro.

Yes you get points for killing it,but it's useless,your character doesn't gain any bonuses from it so it's pointless and stupid.
    And the excuse with "our team wins and gets more insignia then", doesn't hold. You can gain that amount of insignia easy from arena so it's just a **** excuse.

I'd really love to see either of these 2 suggestions in the future :

1. Players in battle grounds can vote a player out for killing the rro.
    2. Rro can't be killed in the future.

It's so stupid and really bad manners to waste the time people have because you wanna pis.s people off or show people you can kill the rro.
    Some people don't have the time to get on to do their dailys,and when they finally do,there's a little brat jumping the rro every time.
    I really wish something could be done about this.

Nuri

If you don't like the way it is, then there is no need implementing another ineffective methods to protect both the guards and the officer. The aim in battlegrounds is to win how-ever that a team can even if it means taking out the officer.

It's not a big deal and carting in peace just does not prove anything in battlegrounds, you're in there to battle and battle is not peace it's fighting for honor.

If you don't like the way it's arranged, other people like it, and my suggestion is, Battlegrounds is already okay for R2 to add little or too much rules to it. That's the only event you get 1k+ honor and 300+ pvp points.

Comment

yeah, killing the officer it's a legitimate way to win, as without carting players cannot get star points for regeneration.
      does it suck? yes. does it make me angry? yes. but it's a part of game and nothing will change.
      maybe quicker "respawn" time for RRO would be a nice compromise

Comment

When you get into my level 80ish Battlegrounds, the death of a resource recovery officer is always frequent, since there are now a lot of people that have 180K+ Battle rating.

Comment

Wasn't even aware you could still kill the Resource Recovery Officer. Wow. That's my interesting fact of the day!
          To Willow:
          Rest In Peace. Never to be forgotten by those who knew and loved you. And even by those who didn't.

Retired. Officially. Life is too short. Face it, you only live once.

Comment

just up officer stats
            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Nearly every 110k+ player can kill the resource officer in lvl. 80 BG. There are some BGs where the officer is dead 90% of time. Yes, it's lame. Yes, it annoys me. Yes, I walka round and tell people not to do this. But unfortunately, that's how the BG was made. It's very irritating, when guy who already did his 2 BGs come and join another BGs just to make the officer instantly dead, but there's nothing we can do about it (when that guy is 180kish, it's pretty hard to kill him).

Comment

The biggest deterrent is to go kill their RRO. More often then not, one side kills the RRO once, then the other side retaliates, and it either stops right there, and nobody kills the RRO, OR, it starts an endless cycle of killing it back and forth. But any player who is actually trying to help his team win, will stop attacking the RRO so that his RRO dont get killed, which loses his team points.

Comment

ohh yeah, 4 days in a row, for like 7-8 bgs in a row players kept killing the officer for different reasons. There was one who said that he really needs the extra insignia, but mostly there were persons who just liked to kill the officer from the beginning to the end with no gain. The funny part is when the team retaliates by start killing the other officer all the time too, not realizing that the person dont give a coin on that, and all he does is to affect the other 14 players

Comment

Just so everyone knows this is Carnal from server 22. A few points I'd like to make.

1. I go to bg after my 2 dailies are done some days just to kill the rro more.
                    2. I don't care if my rro gets killed since I don't cart myself.
                    3. Stronger players could always try to stop people from killing the rro vs. crying and cursing in the current chat for the entire bg.
                    4. I don't care if my side wins. My only goal is to get someone crying. If Nuri is there he is always the first. This does nothing but encourages others to kill the rro also.
                    5. If it isn't against the rules I will do the same as long as I play this game. You crying is not me breaking a rule.

How to fix this...
                    1. Eliminate the current rro system.
                    2. Each bg the player with the highest br becomes the rro.
                    3. The player that is stuck as rro is rewarded with the same amount of shards at the end as the player on his side with the highest amount of shards.
                    4. The player that is stuck as rro is rewarded with the same amount of kills at the end as the player on his side with the highest amount of kills. (For those working on an Executioner or Grim Reaper title.)

That's about the only thing you could do and it would actually make bg more interesting. Plus it would make it more of a challenge for everyone. RRO becomes a mark of distinction. Killing the RRO for the average player becomes a real challenge as most will need to plan ahead, build dryads, ect.

So gang up on the player trying to kill the RRO for the entire bg, stop him if you are strong enough, petition the game for changes, or cry more. Whatever choice suites me just fine although I feel nothing will change and "cry more" will rule the day as always in bg.
                    Last edited by Astroglide; 05-25-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Astroglide View Post
                      2. I don't care if my rro gets killed since I don't cart myself.

So gang up on the player trying to kill the RRO for the entire bg, stop him if you are strong enough, petition the game for changes, or cry more. Whatever choice suites me just fine although I feel nothing will change and "cry more" will rule the day as always in bg.
                      Exactly, usually the ones killing the officers dont cart themselfs so they wont care if the other team kills the officer back. If they want to get revenge or stop the ones killing them they should attack them, not punish the rest of 14 players in the other team as well

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
                        Exactly, usually the ones killing the officers dont cart themselfs so they wont care if the other team kills the officer back. If they want to get revenge or stop the ones killing them they should attack them, not punish the rest of 14 players in the other team as well
                        Most of the 14(fourteen) players in the battlegrounds who are high in battle rating might not even feel the urge to cart. These people want to dominate the field even if it means that the Resource Recovery Officer is dead. I've seen lots of Top Knights do that to my team in battlegrounds and to be plain honest, that never affected me. I'm into battlegrounds for the pvp points for two times, then I'm okay, or I can go forward to achieving the Grimm Reaper by killing more in the battlegrounds.

Sometime in the future patches, Level 80 people will have their own separate battlegrounds.

Comment

killing resource officer is for fun

Comment

My suggestion: Play the game as it is designed to play instead of whining and cursing....and posting on forums about it....personally I'd like to see the ones with foul mouth in BGs be banned to teach them a lesson that it is a game that we are playing

Comment

Originally posted by Ignito View Post
                              My suggestion: Play the game as it is designed to play instead of whining and cursing....and posting on forums about it....personally I'd like to see the ones with foul mouth in BGs be banned to teach them a lesson that it is a game that we are playing
                              You don't like the foul mouths in bg, I think it's disrespecting other players killing the RRO. All they are doing is wasting peoples time for their own personal gain,and they don't even get anything out of it.

But i guess we have different opinions here.
                              I really hope something will be done about it soon or in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X