R2Games Client failed to update.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2Games Client failed to update.

Please help me to my r2games client failed to update. Using browser was not good, delay. Thank You... Click image for larger version

Name:	R2Games failed to update.png
Views:	1
Size:	639.8 KB
ID:	1930291

I am actually having the same issue since yesterday. I reinstalled R2 client and the result is still the same. If anyone has a solution or a roundabout on this issue, please share it here. Thank you.

Comment

The last time I had an issue with the client failing to update, I cleared the temporary internet and website files and the download history (in either Chrome or IE, depending on the client mode used), and it worked again.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        The last time I had an issue with the client failing to update, I cleared the temporary internet and website files and the download history (in either Chrome or IE, depending on the client mode used), and it worked again.
        im having the same issue since yesterday....hope it helps

Comment

MemoryLane can you please help with this issue..im having this issue since yesterday..please suggest something

Comment

Originally posted by abrarvkhan View Post

im having the same issue since yesterday....hope it helps
            It would only help if you also confirm that you tried clearing the specified items in the browser your mode is set to, and are now still having the same issue. I tested the client and wasn't presented with an error. I suspect that you three probably use a different version of windows than I do, and it might be an issue only for users of that version. Did any of you have a Windows update between the last time it worked and now?

Another thing you could try: Navigate to the R2Games folder (mine is located in C: -> Program Files (x86) -> R2Games). Open the HCIInstall folder. Uninstall the client using the Uninstall application. Go back to the location for the R2Games folder, make sure the whole folder is gone (drag it to the trash if it isn't, empty the trash). I recommend rebooting at this point. Then grab a new download from the homepage.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

It would only help if you also confirm that you tried clearing the specified items in the browser your mode is set to, and are now still having the same issue. I tested the client and wasn't presented with an error. I suspect that you three probably use a different version of windows than I do, and it might be an issue only for users of that version. Did any of you have a Windows update between the last time it worked and now?

Another thing you could try: Navigate to the R2Games folder (mine is located in C: -> Program Files (x86) -> R2Games). Open the HCIInstall folder. Uninstall the client using the Uninstall application. Go back to the location for the R2Games folder, make sure the whole folder is gone (drag it to the trash if it isn't, empty the trash). I recommend rebooting at this point. Then grab a new download from the homepage.
              im not sure about windows update..can it effect it? i will try uninstalling and downloading again tho..thanks for taking time.
              yea i did clear internet history and im using windows 10 pro

Comment

Yes, Windows updates can cause conflicts with some applications. Also, some applications can behave unexpectedly after an antivirus software update. I frequently find I have to add programs to my antivirus software's allowed list or I get errors. Might be something else to try doing.

Comment

Yes, Windows updates can cause conflicts with some applications. Also, some applications can behave unexpectedly after an antivirus software update. I frequently find I have to add programs to my antivirus software's allowed list or I get errors. Might be something else to try doing.
                  it isnt working on my home wifi but wartune client is working properly.. i tried using my neighbor's wifi and it works on that but not on my personal wifi...it is weird

Comment

The Wartune Client? This thread was about the R2Games client having an update error. Using your neighbor's wifi got around that error for you? Or, was your error different. If your issue is with the Wartune client, downloaded from the Wartune homepage, I can't help you there. I've never used that one, and have no intention to download it.

If it's a wifi issue, are you also having an issue when using a normal browser? Or the other client? Perhaps rebooting your router/modem will help. Maybe check the router firewall settings. You may need to look up your router's manual or call your service provider for help with that. I'm not too familiar with how to diagnose and fix wifi issues..

Comment

The Wartune Client? This thread was about the R2Games client having an update error. Using your neighbor's wifi got around that error for you? Or, was your error different. If your issue is with the Wartune client, downloaded from the Wartune homepage, I can't help you there. I've never used that one, and have no intention to download it.

If it's a wifi issue, are you also having an issue when using a normal browser? Or the other client? Perhaps rebooting your router/modem will help. Maybe check the router firewall settings. You may need to look up your router's manual or call your service provider for help with that. I'm not too familiar with how to diagnose and fix wifi issues..
                      no its not about wartune client...im just saying that wartune client is working properly while only r2 client is having problems....but when i used vpn r2 client start to work..but when i close vpn it stops again

Comment

Working...
                      X