Cooridnate Modification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooridnate Modification

Does anyone know how to step by step modify coordinates? i have already looked into other threads and they lack information. If so, list a step by step in how link any coordinate in the map??
    Originally posted by Dr.Q
    Hm... best Tenet level, or home mortgage payment... what to do, what to do...

click the coordinates on the map and it will send a link to chat o.o

Comment

Originally posted by SoniKrave View Post
      click the coordinates on the map and it will send a link to chat o.o
      That is not what i mean. For example, if you are in (Starglade X:188 Y:71) and you want to to travel to (Starglade X:211 Y:84) just by chancing the X and Y values. Does anyone have some code like that?

Comment

I remember seeing a board like that but for the life of me I can't remember where it was or if it's still around. I'll keep checking but is it similar to the board I'm thinking of?
        In which you can link your shop with a message. However, the coordinates are not normal values of x and y but a range from 0-1000 or some nonsense. and mixing and matching will get your desired result(higher number of the second number is right, higher number of the first number is down.)

I'll keep checking and see.

Edit: yeah I got nothing sorry. Search all the key words I could think of that would have caught my eye: guide, linking, shop. Anywho, feel like you're looking for more than sg like dungeons and other areas. But best of luck
        Last edited by reinviting; 01-23-2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reinviting View Post
          I remember seeing a board like that but for the life of me I can't remember where it was or if it's still around. I'll keep checking but is it similar to the board I'm thinking of?
          In which you can link your shop with a message. However, the coordinates are not normal values of x and y but a range from 0-1000 or some nonsense. and mixing and matching will get your desired result(higher number of the second number is right, higher number of the first number is down.)

I'll keep checking and see.

Edit: yeah I got nothing sorry. Search all the key words I could think of that would have caught my eye: guide, linking, shop. Anywho, feel like you're looking for more than sg like dungeons and other areas. But best of luck
          I know the values are in the 1000's but i really don't know how to make up the desire coordinates like (X:210, Y:88) in Starglade into the 1000's digits of X: numbers, Y: numbers. That is the explanation i need.

Comment

as far as i know there WAS blue code in chat
            not precise coords, just something like 'North', 'South', etc.
            but it was disabled
            thanks to bots, i guess (same thing as npc's in psycho)
            CrystalSanctuary

Comment

Ok may be tedious but, you press the top right of where you want as you would normally link.
              Don't press enter. Right click what you linked then hit copy link location. You'll get something like this:
              event:a^Starglade(X:39 Y:98)^1261,3163@b2☞Starglade(X:39 Y:98)

Delete event and have [ before the a and delete everything after the finger and put ]. Then can change the name of the inside of ^ ^ if you wish.
              For example, the above is 1261,3163 is x:39 and y:98.
              So it'll be [a^Starglade(x:39 Y:98)^1261,3163@b2] to link there.

Every +100 adds 3 to the coordinate. So 1361,3263 is x:42 and y:101.

Hope that's what you're looking for =].

Comment

Ok may be tedious but, you press the top right of where you want as you would normally link.
                Don't press enter. Right click what you linked then hit copy link location. You'll get something like this:
                event:a^Starglade(X:39 Y:98)^1261,3163@b2☞Starglade(X:39 Y:98)

Delete event and have [ before the a and delete everything after the finger and put ]. Then can change the name of the inside of ^ ^ if you wish.
                For example, the above is 1261,3163 is x:39 and y:98.
                So it'll be [a^Starglade(x:39 Y:98)^1261,3163@b2] to link there.

Hope that's what you're looking for =].

You are my savior ♥. the only problem is, i really don't understand ↓
                could you post more examples on how to do it with just getting the 1000,2000?
                Last edited by KidSess; 01-24-2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Ah yeah sure.

What I mean is let say you're on x:42 and y:101. The numbers will be 1361,3263 as the example above.
                  If you want to go let say x:90 y:50 you do a bit of math for 1361,3263. So 90-42(take the absolute difference) = 48. Then divide by 3; 48/3 = 16. Since ever 100 is +3 and you want to go 42->80 you have 16 x 100 = 1600 to the first number; so 1361 + 1600 = 2961.
                  Now you do the same for y. 101 - 50 = 51. 51/3 = 17. However, since you're going 101->50 you subtract. Thus, you have 17 x 100 = 1700; 3263 - 1700 = 1563.

Therefore, 2961,1563 should be the coordinates x:90 y:50

I just used 100 for 3 since it's easier to mess with instead of trying to figure what each +1 is(if it's 33 at a time or something.)
                  Hope that helps.

Though I think it might be the same looking at the number with some round off error depending how much +1 is. But it seems:
                  19 is the lowest I can find in sg: 632 (y coordinate)
                  228 is the highest I can find in sg: 7312. (x coordinate)

So any number in between should work with limitation(ie. I think y maxes out at 130 or so and x goes as low as 29)

Comment

Ah yeah sure.

What I mean is let say you're on x:42 and y:101. The numbers will be 1361,3263 as the example above.
                    If you want to go let say x:90 y:50 you do a bit of math for 1361,3263. So 90-42(take the absolute difference) = 48. Then divide by 3; 48/3 = 16. Since ever 100 is +3 and you want to go 42->80 you have 16 x 100 = 1600 to the first number; so 1361 + 1600 = 2961.
                    Now you do the same for y. 101 - 50 = 51. 51/3 = 17. However, since you're going 101->50 you subtract. Thus, you have 17 x 100 = 1700; 3263 - 1700 = 1563.

Therefore, 2961,1563 should be the coordinates x:90 y:50

I just used 100 for 3 since it's easier to mess with instead of trying to figure what each +1 is(if it's 33 at a time or something.)
                    Hope that helps.

Though I think it might be the same looking at the number with some round off error depending how much +1 is. But it seems:
                    19 is the lowest I can find in sg: 632 (y coordinate)
                    228 is the highest I can find in sg: 7312. (x coordinate)

So any number in between should work with limitation(ie. I think y maxes out at 130 or so and x goes as low as 29)
                    That is exactly what i was looking for thanks xD

Comment

I think it's slightly simple. 'Internal' coordinates are visible coordinates multiplied by 32. (Plus-minus some number less than 1.0 of visible units due to mouse pointing is more precise than visible coordinating, but it's no matter for your case.) So, to move to x:42, y:101 just write 1344,3232 (42*32, 101*32), no complex math

It works for me on ArmorGames.

Comment

Working...
                      X