Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 road selling wartune

http://www.pocketgamer.biz/asia/news...une-dev-7road/

Hey guys, some news from Changyou (who owns 7Road, the developer of Wartune). Changyou decided to focus on mobile games so they announced that they would be selling Wartune developer 7Road for up to $200 million.
    Character Name: Chris1909
    Class: Mage
    Server: US West

buy it and then maybe we get some of the stuff like auction house and less lag lmao and proper gameplay for once haha

Comment

so what will happen to our account?

Comment

Originally posted by chris1909 View Post
        Changyou decided to focus on mobile games
        bleh. following Konami's path, i see.
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

looking to sell it for $200mil, eh? That would exclude any buyers interested in the game itself, and only leaves people looking to take as much money from as many players as possible.

Comment

Topic title fail~

Comment

No devs going to want to touch another devs work. It will go to the providers who wants to run it longest.
              Stuff we supposed to get will be stretched so thin and priced so high it's ridiculous to try get anything.
              [morfinnor]
              Temple of Ibalize

Comment

if no one buying then say bye bye to wartune, thank you for your donations

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
                  No devs going to want to touch another devs work. It will go to the providers who wants to run it longest.
                  Stuff we supposed to get will be stretched so thin and priced so high it's ridiculous to try get anything.
                  there are many IPs that outsourced to another developers tho. remember Tomb Raider with Eidos to Crystal Dynamics, DmC with Team Ninja, etc.
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

On the contrary, decent devs dont re-invent the wheel, taking on a well oiled and successful code base (and customer base) is preferable to starting your own from scratch.
                    Its just a matter of pricing.

Comment

My second post in over a month. I really do hope whoever decides to buy this game are not monkeys with no clue on how to program a good game. AND I hope they know what Wartune patch 2.0 is. IMO, that is when this game was fun. Once 3.0 came out, that is when the game started to get screwy. And hopefully they can find every bug and fix it before they roll this game out again. I myself will have to start fresh. I sold EVERYTHING when I decided to quit, thinking that this game will never recover from the disaster 7 Road made.

Comment

Since when did Devs make business decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by the-wise-one View Post
                          On the contrary, decent devs dont re-invent the wheel, taking on a well oiled and successful code base (and customer base) is preferable to starting your own from scratch.
                          Its just a matter of pricing.
                          Well oiled, successful CODE base?

Err... Are you for real or just trolling?

Comment

If you read the article, its not Wartune that is being sold, its 7Road being sold. Wartune isn't going to be leaving 7Road's hands. Now, if you'd like to own 7Road, well technically you can't unless you're a Chinese citizen.
                            This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by R2_Stormaggedon View Post
                              If you read the article, its not Wartune that is being sold, its 7Road being sold. Wartune isn't going to be leaving 7Road's hands. Now, if you'd like to own 7Road, well technically you can't unless you're a Chinese citizen.
                              and have $200 million

Comment

Working...
                              X