Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOP before you make another life changing UPDATE,READ THIS!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol…the initial post that argues about the relevance of the word 'sell' versus 'dismiss' is hilarious.

Any-whoooo…. I don't think that complicated adjustment to Troops is worth it.

It would be better to do one of three things:

1. Enable troops at a certain level (like after completing class advancement) to begin basic upgrades like strength, defense etc…with a visible characteristic change like a broader sword or larger shield (though this might result in collecting more items :P ).

OR

2. Just like troops were enemies that we have fought and now become our defenders, keep in that vein and add for example …
    -Energy bosses found in dimensions (Bassed on the Element of our Sylphs)
    -Boss enemies like Kaen (Guard Captain)
    - Fayden (the Reaper)
    - Uldra (Lych Cheiftain)
    -those Blue Elemental Forest Goons
    OR even Tyrath & Sodo the Tarratons..(i mean with titles like 'Imperial Dragon Warlock' who wouldn't want dragons as troops?)

OR

3. (Already mentioned but a good idea) We are already collecting multiple Sylphs and Eudamons…why not allow them to become troops at a certain Level or Class.

Comment

this is the most stupid thread ever ..

troops where obsoleet long ago .. they die on first aoe attack anyhow even if maxed on stats so there is no use for them beside doing some small damg to wb (this was so since the introduced sylphs few years ago)
      on top of that with the introduction of knighthood the only use troops are is to take the negative henna effects and go to minus numbers

discuss about the weather would be more productive then this

Comment

the initial post is complete garbage and 2 minutes of my life wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by R27377783
          The irrelevance of the troops is part of why they need to be revamped imo. Just saying "oh you can just work on your sylphs and Eudaemons and ignore troops" is counter productive and makes sure the play balance gap between players remains wide not on account of their own choices, but because the devs have created a dead end feature (troops). The more diverse the paths to a strong player build the more players will be able to compete with each other without being of the same strategy, and it also reduces the impact of minor alterations to a few features. Obviously it comes down to preference I prefer the game to have players use troops as apparently was part of the original design. My ideas would just give the troops a more epic purpose in the game. Whats the point of giving players a city, and troops and putting them on a map if there is no warfare between the players, their cities and their troops!? IF its just going to be a 2-d dueling battle anyway why call them troops? You might prefer to focus on Sylph and/or enslaving Eudaemons to duel other players. That should be your choice but clearly its should not be the only way to go.

i find it very amusing that euds are enslaved while sylphs are not

Comment

Hold all the presses, developers. Someone's going all politically correct in this thread when it comes to "enslaving" and "selling" in the same sense. I wonder how many games out there are going to be affected by such now.
            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

The only concern i agree with is the part about the development of Troops. Why? Because i remember when the developers had a poll asking what customers would love to see developed and the majority vote was for Sylph…(and they did just that so that the strength of the game was built on the power of the sylphs, refinement & merging & Expedition became available)…but I think that Troop development could be a fun undertaking if Stronger Enemies, Sylph or Eudamons could be made substitute troops….

…but not the way that the original post complicated it.

Comment

So why don't you go discuss it? I'll be here, waiting for the game to come back down to earth(like) a bit. Anyway "stupidest thread ever?" how does the troops so called being obsolete make it a "stupid" thread/concept?what are you like 12? Do you know the meaning of the word "suggestion" it basically means fix the game..that can mean fix something that was wrongly made obsolete.

you can't "sell" sylphs. omg is this forum populated by grade school children? NO wonder devs don't know what to do with this game almost noone playing it is literate.

well at least you have given us a rational analysis of the suggestion itself...thank you for your input.
                Last edited by MemoryLane; 03-17-2016, 10:21 AM. Reason: merged posts

Comment

It's refreshing to see such a fleshed out suggestion.

What would also be refreshing is to a see a thread not turn into mudslinging. Everyone can post their suggestions and opinions, and everyone else is entitled to agree or disagree with that suggestion or opinion. But what you all need to stop doing is insulting the person with the suggestion or opinion you disagree with.
                  New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

surprised? some people still actually care what they associate with and put into their minds and the minds of their kids still? Also using the term "politically correct" lets me know what kind of trash you could be compared to, and that your brief style of thinking makes it easier for you to go along with status quo/herd mentality(which currently seems is to really just give up on the game, which of course I hope you personally do so.), the term PC is now commonly misused to apply to any and all objections against the ideological status quo which is usually a condition of ♥♥♥♥ that only benefits a select percent of early exploiters. Some ♥♥♥♥ coined the term (probably as a way to limiting the cultural impact/influence of the progressive ideals of those who were opposing the status quo, and/or because politics is/was the major strategy used to conduct the desired social progress) and it stuck..this is not a political objection or discussion (eg I haven't even considered writing about this to any kind of lawmaker), it is a social and moral one(there ARE differences) concerning a minor and petty game feature. It boils down to a matter of opinion and perception so we'll just have to see which opinion/perception wins out in the end for a company that usually likes to have advertisers and probably doesn't mind attracting modern young people into its game, the same young people who tend to be far more passionate and petty about this kind of ** than I usually am. I guess I'll start by looking up how many other games have done this and put the feature of "selling" people or people like entities into their game features, and compile list of people I know would be ****** about it to forward it to. I'll make a hobby of it. I'm sure I could make a bigger deal out of this than I have so far. And judging by the attitudes of the replies here it looks like this crowd has grown to be a bit brow heavy and maybe a bit of gg level social provocation might be overdue. For too long I've already overlooked the character selection situation anyway so..hmm I'll probably have a field day picking this game apart. Unlike some of you here so far seem, I certainly don't feel any special need to become a popular personality in the forum, most of my posts are meant to be directed squarely at the devs,posting is just for due diligence and subordinate was to give a wider base of users a chance to weigh in on the ideas themselves, not their technical impact on the current game requirements..maybe that was a mistake though as I'm so very unimpressed by the intellectual density of most of the replies so far. Since its obvious devs are already in the habit of changing things without consulting the users or them being very popular, maybe I should have just skipped this open communication part and used emails and tickets...but since I did it this way, I'm fairly appalled...the retrological trolls here are inspiring me. Lets go ahead and keep fanning the flames then, it wasn't my intention or expectation to cause a social uprising, but its definitely worth it if it looks like I've wasted my time for years gaming with a huge crowd of socially undeveloped fascists. lets FN do this.
                    Last edited by MemoryLane; 03-17-2016, 12:14 PM. Reason: language

Comment

Thank You! and I'm sorry if I've contributed to the devolution of the thread in the way you describe..it can be kind've catchy. I will cease and desist immediately with my obvious but indirect character assassinations since you have said what I guess I should have considered saying in response. Now that I know mods are active(I am a new poster here actually), I guess I should leave it to you and your teammates manage the tone and levels of topic adherence in the threads, and just focus on completing the posts of my suggestion ideas. I think I was just surprised and expecting better from the WT community at R2 forums. The reaction was completely different at the other forums of WT players when I posted about this stuff. It'd be interesting to see what kind of demographics could cause such a sharp contrast. I virtually cut and pasted the same words after someone suggested I come here.
                      Last edited by R27377783; 03-17-2016, 11:33 AM. Reason: bad grammar and punctuation unbefitting a person of my literacy levels.

Comment

ah here we are, well assuming your being honest about it taking you only 2 minutes to read the post, I ma sorry you feel that way but I'm not sorry for writing it, this puts us at an impasse..I think maybe perhaps the only solution is for you to stop wasting so much time reading and writing forum posts and maybe do something more productive. j/k.?. Seriously though I'd engage and ask what was worse: the ideas or the grammar and/or style format that made it complete garbage, but I just ran out of "Fs' to give so.. again..we might have to agree to ******-agree. [lol I guess its only fair that the word for a particular feminine hygiene care product be censored because its so commonly abused.]
                        Last edited by R27377783; 03-17-2016, 11:47 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

-sigh- note to self for future reference: click "reply with qoutes"

Comment

Originally posted by R27377783 View Post
                            -sigh- note to self for future reference: click "reply with qoutes"
                            And if you click the little quote bubble with the + on it to the right of Reply With Quote, as you are reading, and on the last one you want to respond to click Reply With Quote, you can quote all the posts you want to respond to in one single post.

Again, I will remind everyone one more time- keep your replies focused on the topics being brought up and not take it to a personal level.
                            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

"sell" Eudaemons. It reminds me of slavery. I don't know if these ar supposed to be demons or whatever but it sends a bad message anyway, especially since people tend to refer to them as "Kids" the result is people are encouraged to "sell" their "kids". All you had to do was turn the word into "dismiss

In a virtual game in a virtual world such as WT is...a eudi is an inanimate object. Call it a "kid" or a "eudi" it is virtual. You refer to it as a "kid" and as a rl "kid" who is being sold...and should be dismissed instead. My question is...why are you dismissing the "kid" from your family? Dismiss means to allow them to leave the table or some thing. But this is not rl it is a virtual world where selling is preferred. You are given 1 free but then have to do things to "earn" another one. In rl you dont "earn" kids. You create them between a man and woman. Just words for thought.

Comment

I just called them "sidekicks" and treat them just as badly, LOL. Now I am waiting for the sidekick union to come at me with a few torches and pitchforks.
                                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
                                X