X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xero93
    started a topic Pathetic Much?

Pathetic Much?

Ok... how pathetic do you have to be to steal music?

I've already found out three pieces in wartune which are stolen from other games. I've seen no credit to the originals anywhere, so I'm using the word "steal". I've gotta say it's a little sad... I'm gonna guess all other pieces are stolen too. Just wondering but... is this how things are done with wartune? lol

• arvendel1
    replied
    About the music. Heres another one. when you go to wilderness it plays NCSOFT'S LINEAGE2, Gludio Town theme. I played Lineage 2 since 2005 and i know all the music themes from there. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqSF-DDTI5k

I will send an email to the company regardless. Maybe they will do something

UPDATE:
    Okey. i reported it to them. I'll tell you their reply when i get one.
    Last edited by arvendel1; 09-15-2014, 05:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Xero93
    replied
    Originally posted by lUsker View Post
    Hmm,copyrights doesn't work in China.
    Now here's the real question... would it be trouble if "supporting" copyrighted content outside of china...?

Leave a comment:

• Caballero1321
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
    When the stupid sound glitch happens that makes your game grunt and moan even muted.... yeah lol

otherwise hell no
    Used to irritate me as well, but on Maxthon I just turn off any sounds that come from the browser and I'm happily listening to the normal music

Leave a comment:

• lUsker
    replied
    Hmm,copyrights doesn't work in China.

Leave a comment:

• Xero93
    replied
    Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
    but that's often a very expensive thing to do
    Uh... I guess... but I dunno if it would be considered that expensive considering the amount of revenue from all the cashers. I'm pretty sure it'd be doable...

Also... I was looking for it when I posted this first... here's another... still don't get why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKoACHJNwNA

Leave a comment:

• R2sucksbad
    replied
    a lot of the images in game are ripoffs from other games as well.

Leave a comment:

• R215361131
    replied
    everytime the music turns itself on magically i swear and throw things at computer until it lets me mute it >.>

Leave a comment:

• MemoryLane
    replied
    Originally posted by Xero93 View Post
    Yeah, I assumed R2 doesn't deal with it, which is why I didn't mention any names in the initial post. Just putting it out there how lame this is lol
    It would be nice to see games compose their own music, but that's often a very expensive thing to do, especially when you don't even know if the game will be successful enough to offset all the costs of creating a game. It's not just Wartune that does it. There's thousands of mmo's out there, and the only ones with original music are the ones from the big developers, the ones you've heard of even if you've never played a game before. 7Road is not a big company, or a name anyone who doesn't play their games knows. I highly doubt that back when Wartune was just a concept on paper that they could have afforded to hire a composer and musicians.

But, at the same time, if those titles that had their music used without permission did have a problem with it, they could have gotten it taken care of. They have the money to do it. This is something that's been talked about here since Alpha, and it has been mentioned on a few of those companies' forums. They know about it. For all we know, 7Road could have a license to use the music. We're not 7Road, so we would have no way of knowing the answer to that.

Leave a comment:

• thenewguy
    replied
    Oh wow.. they stole the sounds from other games? That's really pathethic... and I guess it is a good thing for me to turn the music off here

Leave a comment:

• Wraithraiser
    replied
    Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
    wait people actually listen to the game music?

When the stupid sound glitch happens that makes your game grunt and moan even muted.... yeah lol

otherwise hell no

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    wait people actually listen to the game music?

Leave a comment:

• Xero93
    replied
    Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
    Sorry, R2 doesn't have control over the musical content in the game, and copyright stuff works differently in China, where the original devs for the game are from.
    Yeah, I assumed R2 doesn't deal with it, which is why I didn't mention any names in the initial post. Just putting it out there how lame this is lol

Leave a comment:

• MemoryLane
    replied
    Sorry, R2 doesn't have control over the musical content in the game, and copyright stuff works differently in China, where the original devs for the game are from.

Leave a comment:

• Xero93
    replied
    Originally posted by daunapu View Post
    But we dont make money from it.
    Sums up everything. This is what I'm just a little surprised at. I mean sure... as if their **** isn't enough, but this is just extremely awful. Sometimes even makes me think "What if they get shut down for being idiots?"

It's just some common sense... at the very least they could put the credits. They can save themselves SOME trouble that way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X