Illusion Effects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illusion Effects

Yes, it's yet another Astral discussion.

This time, it's about Illusion Astral.

We all know that unless it's Orange, it's useless.

Well, I got a level 5 Enchanced Illusion Astral (10% chance to dodge)

Now, this was before I "found out" the Astral got Nerfed...

It seems this Astral's Proc rate is lower than what it's suppose to be.

Also, I noticed that it only reduce ONE of the damage taken.

IE: a Rain of Fire, you will only turn one of the 2000+ dmg to 1, while still taking the other 2000+ dmg on you.

So, my question is...

Do you guys think this Astral is worthy to use?

Edit:
    oh oh, forgot to mention...

Also, should I keep on leveling this Astral up? or just leave it at 10%, since the rate seems to be reduced already.
    Not sure if it's worth the amount of Astral EXP (where I could place it elsewhere)
    Last edited by anichaos; 07-03-2013, 03:54 PM.

At higher lvls ... (70 ooorrrr maaaybe 60) where you got extra slot yes.... but before 60 (preferably 70) no

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
      At higher lvls ... (70 ooorrrr maaaybe 60) where you got extra slot yes.... but before 60 (preferably 70) no
      isnt block better at 60/70 than illusion since higher proc rate

Comment

I swapped out my Illusion for Block a while back, and I have not regretted it one little bit.

They didn't actually "Nerf" the Illusion astral, they just set the amount it activated to the correct level, as it always ran high.
        I used to dodge 3 or 4 times per fight when at 10% dodge rate, even though the fight only lasted about 10 hits. That's actually around 30=40% dodge rate.

Comment

So... Illusion Astral isn't worth using/ leveling up?

Comment

I wouldn't say that. It is about balanced with the other astrals for an average player's 7th astral.

Goddess Blessing is one of the most useful high level astrals - one of those that should be leveled as high as possible. Illusion has a positive and a negative side compared to it. The negative side is, obviously, that in the long run, it will prevent 33% less damage. The positive side is that it is unpredictable. It can save you when you least expect it. The only question is, do you feel lucky, punk?

Comment

It depends on the visual for your character. Tharlyci is getting fairly decent results out of Enhanced Illusion 5 for slot #6 (it is the difference between winning and losing about 20% of the close battleground and arena fights) and plans to continue leveling it, but she is getting her block rating from gems; for her Enhanced Illusion is better than Enshieldment. If you don't have a good block rating from gems or equipment refining then it's a different story.

As Xaichazarai is more of a heavy armor knight, she has little interest in either Enshieldment or Enhanced Illusion.
              Last edited by Tharlyci; 07-03-2013, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                I wouldn't say that. It is about balanced with the other astrals for an average player's 7th astral.

Goddess Blessing is one of the most useful high level astrals - one of those that should be leveled as high as possible. Illusion has a positive and a negative side compared to it. The negative side is, obviously, that in the long run, it will prevent 33% less damage. The positive side is that it is unpredictable. It can save you when you least expect it. The only question is, do you feel lucky, punk?
                Yea, I would have level/ used Goddess Blessing, but I still haven't gotten one yet, not even a purple one to this day...

So I end up using Blessed Health at first, but now is thinking of using Enhanced Illusion (the proc rate is 10% on both, but Illusion seems to proc less... as I mentioned)

And... no I don't feel Lucky... if I was, maybe one of those 6 Sniper Edge and 3 Blessed Health would have been Goddess Blessing.

Comment

Illusion should be kept in your astral bag for future uses. After you feel sastified with every other astral that is... Since Illusion have a max proc rate of 20%, even if it isn't as good as block right now, at level 70 or 80, Illusion would provide a good boost to your survival.
                  The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

I assume the OP is NOT a knight.
                    As archer, at lv70 i really want to try it and compare with block. Block IMO is worth only if you have lord divine medallion.
                    More tests on this are due, so let's keep this topic open
                    Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
                    I do not exist.
                    For real.

Comment

Originally posted by xehoo View Post
                      isnt block better at 60/70 than illusion since higher proc rate
                      Yeah it is, but if you dont have it yet in 60 then you could use illusion until you get one... thats the maaaaayyyyybbbeee:P

@telstar, it's worth it aswell IC medal... it's rly not much of a difference

Comment

Working...
                      X