X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SirChuck
    started a topic Dodging Crits?

Dodging Crits?

I have been dodging archers luni and MS crits. It shows a critical hit, but has a blue dodge below it.

Has anyone been able to test whether the dodge of a crit has lowered typical damage from another person or not?

Thanks in advance

• AndreyTz
    replied
    Originally posted by SirChuck View Post
    I have been dodging archers luni and MS crits. It shows a critical hit, but has a blue dodge below it.

Has anyone been able to test whether the dodge of a crit has lowered typical damage from another person or not?

Thanks in advance
    when it writes critic and dodge in same time dmg is reduced and thats it

Leave a comment:

• ArowenGR
    replied
    Crit determins if a hit deals extra damage.
    Block determines if blocker receives redused damaged.
    So a crit hit can be dodged: attacker gets a x% stronger hit and defender receives y% less damage. Block skills trigger

Leave a comment:

• B4nsh33
    replied
    Originally posted by BrixunMortar View Post
    i've never had red crit n blue block numbers in same attack that i noticed was why i asked! unless it in a multi hit

edit :- by multi i mean rof meteor etc! triple hit skills

seems strange to get critical strike on someone that managed to block ur move is all! crit in any rpg is dex based ( i know not here but bare with me) so if the other toon has the agi to dodge or block the attack then surely u can't crit him as u found no weakness in his her armour!

fyi: u can Block crit damage / dodge is from the illusion astral and gives a value of 1, sometimes 2. When u block in wartune, u take reduced damage from the attack, approximately 30% reduction. Blocks can be lower or higher, but thats the way I understand it. Higher block for knights, they have healing factor from blocks (believe me, I find that ridiculous too). But anyways, think of it as a high damage attack, still got 'blocked' but still does some high damage. If it didn't crit, they would block and end up taking lower damage than crit dmg.

Leave a comment:

• BrixunMortar
    replied
    i've never had red crit n blue block numbers in same attack that i noticed was why i asked! unless it in a multi hit

edit :- by multi i mean rof meteor etc! triple hit skills

seems strange to get critical strike on someone that managed to block ur move is all! crit in any rpg is dex based ( i know not here but bare with me) so if the other toon has the agi to dodge or block the attack then surely u can't crit him as u found no weakness in his her armour!
    Last edited by BrixunMortar; 10-02-2013, 04:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• d07.RiV
    replied
    curious here, u can still recieve a crit and block it? i thought block killed the crit?
    You get red crit numbers, and small blue "dodge" text under them. Apparently you take 30% less damage than from a regular crit.

Leave a comment:

• BrixunMortar
    replied
    curious here, u can still recieve a crit and block it? i thought block killed the crit?

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Just to clarify, there's a difference between dodge and block (even though both of them shows the same "text").

Dodge comes from illusion astral.
    Block comes from, well, your block values.

Leave a comment:

• Anarchist
    replied
    When damage values are in blue (or if it's a critical hit with a little blue text saying "dodge" next to it) you succeeded i blocking the attack. And yes, when you block an attack (even a crit) it results in reduced damage.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X