Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Important:::openid 2.0 issue of google

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important:::openid 2.0 issue of google

Hi, as i am using my google account to access R2 games (not just Eternal Saga), i just would like insight on this issue directly from R2 management. At one point when I used my google account to enter the game, this prompt displayed:

OpenID 2.0 for Google Accounts is going away

Some applications and websites use OpenID 2.0 for authentication when you're signing in, and to access data that you've given them permission to access. Starting April 20, 2015, OpenID 2.0 will no longer work for Google Accounts.

If you've seen a warning that's brought you to this page, it means that you're using an application or website with OpenID 2.0 and may be affected by this change. For more information, we recommend you visit that application's help center, or contact its support team.

If you're a developer of an application that uses OpenID 2.0, you can learn how to migrate to OpenID Connect and the OpenID 2.0 end of life schedule.

I am not sure I understand what I need to do with this problem, coz most games I play require authentication and I have gone too far already with most R2 game characters I've had just to register with a different account again. What is R2's take on this? Should i be worried about this?
    Good gaming habits are great for exercising the mind. Over-indulgence is bad for health. Schedule your time properly to enjoy a healthier life. Finally, be wiser in your game spendings.

Not really sure which thread you want a reply to, so I'll pick this one, since it will be easier to find later.

You don't need to do anything. The warnings are displayed so that users will be sure to inform the sites they are logging in to that OpenID 2.0 will be going away, since that just happens to be the fastest way to inform web developers of the change.

From what I've read on the topic, it's a very simple parameter change, that won't affect you at all. I'm sure R2 knows about this already, and will do the necessary change closer to the end date, but I will definitely forward this on, since there's also a way to stop those warnings from being displayed and causing people to panic.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Thanks MemoryLane. This just got me worried earlier. Just kindly erase my other thread as necessary
      Good gaming habits are great for exercising the mind. Over-indulgence is bad for health. Schedule your time properly to enjoy a healthier life. Finally, be wiser in your game spendings.

Comment

Hello there. I'll make sure our IT department is already aware of this and find out what we have planned. Once I get that information I'll post back here in this thread to let you know!
        This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Hello again. Just following up to let you know our IT Department is aware of this and are working to make sure there will be no issues. Thanks for letting us know about it here on the forums!
          This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Hi Stormaggedon. Thank you for notifying me.

Comment

Working...
            X