R2Client and Flash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2Client and Flash

Will the R2Client be able to support Flash games when Flash gets cut off in 2021? I'm assuming the client has it's own Flash player integrated into it already?

If this isn't the case, I really think that this should be the approach they take -- it's the least costly solution since the client is already coded, and plus, they'll get to keep all of their browser games alive.

The problem with playing flash content in 2021 is the lack of security updates. The further out we get from the final cutoff date for Adobe, the more at risk we are when accessing that content.

The R2Client is browser based, so once browsers make accessing flash content impossible, the client won't function for flash content.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I'd honestly take that security risk over losing the game I've paid a lot of money to -- and it could be a temporary solution until the developers convert said games to HTML5 or any other format.

...And I don't think browsers disabling Flash would impact the R2Client in any way? I was looking at the location my R2Client was installed in and I found out that they were using their standalone flash player (C:\Path to R2Client\HCIInstall\PepperFlashpepflashplayer.dll).

Some big hit flash games (like YoWorld) have already used this approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Lohan View Post
        I'd honestly take that security risk over losing the game I've paid a lot of money to -- and it could be a temporary solution until the developers convert said games to HTML5 or any other format.

...And I don't think browsers disabling Flash would impact the mcdvoice login R2Client in any way? I was looking at the location my R2Client was installed in and I found out that they were using their standalone flash player (C:\Path to R2Client\HCIInstall\PepperFlashpepflashplayer.dll).

Some big hit flash games (like YoWorld) have already used this approach.
        agreed with you
        Last edited by Frozenbrownie011; 04-02-2020, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X