The Intellectual Corner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Intellectual Corner

Let's discuss about any type of topic - anything - nothing will be removed - nothing will be edited - anything goes.

I'll start off with the first topic that's been one of the biggest topics up for debate.

[Debate] Is there really a God in the world?

**Sidenote** I don't want just Yes or No answers. I want well thought discussions.

P.S. I don't want no damn walls of texts. Separate the sentences if you need to - make it be able to be read.

This topic up for debate - being religion - any type of argument can be and will be valid.
    This includes things such as scientific theories, personal feelings, etc.

Now show me just what you can portray to everyone.
    The King doesn't fall so easily boys

okay I'll play alone with this..
    will the aliens come to earth and star a war with us humans (A.yes) (B.no) (C.no one knows)??

is there really a God in the world [Debate]…well there has to be cuze if there wasn't a God then were would we be today
    Last edited by jesusalvar; 07-30-2012, 06:33 AM. Reason: post / answer

Comment

Originally posted by jesusalvar View Post
      okay I'll play alone with this..
      will the aliens come to earth and star a war with us humans (A.yes) (B.no) (C.no one knows)??

is there really a God in the world [Debate]…well there has to be cuze if there wasn't a God then were would we be today
      You say there's a God because we wouldn't be here?
      I oppose to that and say you're wrong.

I don't believe there's a God because of a couple of reasons.
      First of all, if there was a God, then what evidence is there that proves there is one? Having just "faith", which is actually defined in many various forms, isn't enough to believe there is a God. How do you prove there is a God? There isn't anything in this world that proves there is a God - but there's also nothing that proves there isn't.

Secondly, I believe we were brought onto this Earth through means of evolution. I'm pretty sure the cycle of evolution is most likely to repeat itself - just as how the Dinosaurs went extinct via some Meteor? Something similar just might happen. We are still evolving even now, and it has been a scientific theory for centuries. I believe in the theory of evolution - and I say that God didn't create us - but evolution did.
      The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

well u maybe right about the part that evolution made us. however that's ur way of thinking not my i for 1 do know that there is a god and even though i can't bring any prove that god is real i still believe.. i mean i could get pic from the web but i know that person is not god no 1 knows how god looks like.

Comment

Do you believe the soul/consciousness is eternal? Do you think the soul is only capable because of the human body, or do you think it finds a new temporary life vessel as the previous one comes to an end?

Comment

Well how did the Big Bang came to be? They say that time didnt exist b4 the big bang.....So how did it explode? Also, do we have solid proof of God? No, we do not, some of the proofs are just hoaxes. I say Science and Religion are incomplete. There is a big question mark with this world.

Geez, Im 12 and Im talking about this.....Im such a nerd
            IGN: Catnip
            Server: S62 Bloodshed Hollow
            Guild: Chaos
            Level: 60 Scion
            Class: Anyone who knows me knows my class :P nature ranger shhhh
            Soul: 300/3000

- Its just a game. Don't take it too personal :)

Comment

Working...
            X