[Announcement] EMERGENCY SERVER MAINTENACE @ 4:30 AM EDT 07/20/2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Announcement] EMERGENCY SERVER MAINTENACE @ 4:30 AM EDT 07/20/2012

Hey everyone, we've caught a bug with putting pets into the vault that needs to get fixed pronto. So we'll be taking the servers down at 4:30 AM EDT, July 20th of 2012. So you all are aware, if a player puts an item in the vault onto a spot already holding a pet, the pet will "disappear" and only the item will be shown. Moving the item around in the vault causes the pet to travel with it, so the pet stays "missing". Once you move the item back into your inventory, the pet reappears.

However, if while you have an item stacked on a pet, you put a pet on the item, the item will get moved to the pet bar of the pet window. So we're fixing that too.

Since we're taking the servers down, we'll also be upping the level requirement for the Battle Bear in the Mount activity to level 45. We've noticed a glut of alts being created to exploit the bear, and we're hoping this will stop it. If it doesn't. we'll be looking at other possible actions next week.
    This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

thanks Storm, I noticed a LOT of Battle Bears, too, and I assume that's the reason SO Many ppl are selling/buying MUT's for so high today, so they can score those GMUT's lol. Thanks for the update...I needed to goto bed anyways

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Stormaggedon View Post
      Since we're taking the servers down, we'll also be upping the level requirement for the Battle Bear in the Mount activity to level 45. We've noticed a glut of alts being created to exploit the bear, and we're hoping this will stop it. If it doesn't. we'll be looking at other possible actions next week.

So basically anyone who didn't exploit this already is just stuck in the dust unless they wanna make lvl 45 alts, nice whish i woulda been one of the lucky ones exploiting it then.

How about you roll back the mounts on every server to what we had yesterday or do a complete server rollback to give it a level playing field.

Feeling kinda screwed over here any way it goes but w/e I guess

Edit:
      Or how about instead of 45 putting it at 30 so i an get some use from the damn characters im gonna have to lvl
      Last edited by Sc3n3; 07-20-2012, 03:06 AM.

Comment

ty... if it doesnt change the amout of alts being made... can u please go bak to old gmut event... 5mut+3g = 1gmut was good event.. less creation of alts... ty

Comment

Do you have some respect they can do what they want when they want its there game its more like they are the kings so don's say something with out thinking
          Char: (S37)tariqkira
          Server:Cheuna Gorge
          Class: Hybird Knight
          Level: 75 scion
          Pets: Burning Angel , Fire Lord , Teeka , Super Demon , Baby Demon

Comment

Any update on the gems disappearing out of equipment? Thanks

Larva
            Molten Highlands

Comment

Ohay . Oh No, oh no. , Poor me. Gotta work more harder.
              I'm beginning to think that if someone cut me open I would bleed your name.

Comment

Would be nice if the level requirements were made into lvl 35 >.< not 45 :P
                Crystal Saga
                Server: Whisperwind Beach
                IGN: hei
                Lvl 60+ Eidolon Knight
                Guild: Nightmare
                Honor: Emperor

Wartune
                Server: Tauren Camp
                IGN: Izaya
                Lvl: 45+ Archer
                Guild: Mayhem
                Honor: Elite Warrior

Comment

wah...glad made 84 gmuts and earned 2.9 plat
                  IGN:Bloodyslayer
                  Level:60
                  Class:Hybrid Knight
                  Server:Tundara
                  Guild:Royals
                  Honor:Viscount

Comment

Wanted to hold off on posting this until I got absolute certainty from the Devs that they'd be able to add it in. We were going to add in the ability to move mounts into the vault with next week's update, but since we're taking the servers down now to fix the Pet issue, we'll be adding in the ability to move Mounts in as well.
                    This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Why do players get mad when GM / devs fix the game? Be fair guys.

Comment

how long is the downtime going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by R22835072 View Post
                          Why do players get mad when GM / devs fix the game? Be fair guys.
                          It's not the fact that they're fixing the issue it's the fact that people have already exploited this feature to hell and back and now have tiger+ on my server. And now players who haven't exploited the system r being told that they have to level a char to 45 when I literally just watched 30+ characters pop hellwing today, and silly me going off of the assumption that it was how the system was supposed to work decided not to push everything I had into my mount before it was "fixed".

Comment

Originally posted by yuchin
                            Noob staffs for releasing such event wthout thinking its advantage and disadvantage.
                            Poor you.
                            Are you one of those noobs that was exploiting the whole Battle Bear alt?
                            And I suggest you watch your language. Using asterisks, I don't give a damn. It's still considering swearing.
                            The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

Originally posted by TaRiQ_KiRa View Post
                              Do you have some respect they can do what they want when they want its there game its more like they are the kings so don's say something with out thinking
                              Not really, but you're right they own the game and therefore they can basically do whatever they want, I have the right to speak my mind about a decision they make that affects me though, and this one kinda does.
                              Originally posted by yosilangpo View Post
                              Ohay . Oh No, oh no. , Poor me. Gotta work more harder.
                              I don't mind working hard to get something, what I mind is when I as previously stated watch 30+ chars popping hellwing, some of them not even Scion yet. If you're going to fix a problem FIX it. Do a rollback to yesterday's settings and explain that due to an oversight on their part we have all lost a day and give free 3 days vip or something to everyone. But "fixing" it now is just basically screwing people who didn't decide to exploit the system over.

Originally posted by BrotherVT View Post
                              Poor you.
                              Are you one of those noobs that was exploiting the whole Battle Bear alt?
                              And I suggest you watch your language. Using asterisks, I don't give a damn. It's still considering swearing.
                              Btw did you quote the correct person? I believe I've been the only one to swear in here and you just used the exact same word as I did so I don't consider that to be a problem, or am I wrong in that assumption?
                              Last edited by Sc3n3; 07-20-2012, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X