No announcement yet.

HP better than defences on an archer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wondering this same question lately......
    Archer hoarder

Comment

hmmm...I guess when you have balens, patk, pdef, crit and hp gems in all equipment is the way to go since I rarely meet ppl who can clear my 194k hp before my apollo clears theirs with 60k - 160k crit (depends on enemy mdef) from sword of judgement alone. But really it is hard to find a good ratio of def vs hp. You definitely need both as an archer. Vs mage you definitely need ridiculous amounts of hp if you gonna forgo mdef like I did. As for against knights n other archers, you still need pdef against them to ensure you don't lose too much hp too fast. Last but not least, if you have alot of def and hp but no dmg, you're still gonna lose. So it really is up to you to find a gd balance between the stats as well as knowing which opponents are the ones you have chance to fight to a draw/win and which are the ones you should avoid (assuming BG).
      IGN: Athena
      Guild: Warriors
      Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
      Class: Archer
      Difficulty Level: Noob
      BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

HP is better. 20% passive skill.
        8 patk, 8 hp, 8 crit are the musts for gems.

Comment

Hp is better for 1 simple reason. 2 out of the 3 people you face (knights and archers) use patk. So facing those 2 opponents your mdef is useless. Since 66% of your oponents don't use matk theres only 33% reason to have mdef gems. Hp works for all 3 opponents. So patk, crit, pdef and hp are your best choices for gems. patk and crit for more attack power, pdef for defence against 66% of opponents and hp for defence against all opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Daftone View Post
            Hp is better for 1 simple reason. 2 out of the 3 people you face (knights and archers) use patk. So facing those 2 opponents your mdef is useless. Since 66% of your oponents don't use matk theres only 33% reason to have mdef gems. Hp works for all 3 opponents. So patk, crit, pdef and hp are your best choices for gems. patk and crit for more attack power, pdef for defence against 66% of opponents and hp for defence against all opponents.
            And 80% of the sylphs are matk. Most of the dmg is done with sylph. How is hp still better?

Comment

Originally posted by dragosavp View Post
              And 80% of the sylphs are matk. Most of the dmg is done with sylph. How is hp still better?
              50/50%

Fire/Dark/Wind
              Water/Light/Electric

Anyways I find balance is best, but catering to your passives first off isn't that bad of a thing either.

Comment

I meant 80% of the people use matk sylph...

Comment

Originally posted by R29296591 View Post
                  More Hp is good for PVE becuase there is a lot of boss making huge HP bleed. and for pvp if you def is high enough, ie you get around 2.5k damage per attack you can go for HP. Because it might just be the minimum damage per attack you take it anyways no matter how much def.
                  Agree with this, I noticed even if I have more mdef than my opponent's matk, they still damage me like 2k - 2.5k per hit. For example, I have 17.5k mdef and my opponent mage has 15k - 16k matk. So currently, I really balanced out with high hp coz right now, it is my only advantage to other mages, I generally have higher hp than them.
                  Wartune = Sylph Tune.

Comment

Originally posted by dragosavp View Post
                    I meant 80% of the people use matk sylph...
                    It is a waste of gem slots to even think about equipping mdef when you only need them against mages. HP helps you survive against all 3 classes and sylphs in unawakened forms will do max dmg cause their atks ignore armor totally. Having more mdef there won't help and it still takes them a certain number of turns to awaken it. What you should focus on is getting more patk pdef and hp so you can kill them off before they awaken or make them near death when they awaken so that you can finish them off before they have chance to use their sylphs to do any dmg. In general, having a pdef that is close to the bulk of the enemies' patk that you normally face (being 1 - 3k short of it rather than trying to match their patk) is generally good enough and focus the rest on hp and patk. When you have alot of hp, you can even survive 1 vs 3 fights. Alot of archers focus too much on def and end up still being killed when they're facing more than 1 opponent like arena because their hp is not high enough to survive the required no. of turns it takes for them to kill the opponent...
                    IGN: Athena
                    Guild: Warriors
                    Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                    Class: Archer
                    Difficulty Level: Noob
                    BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Working...
                    X