Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Player explain the point of Camping please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player explain the point of Camping please.

I started playing Wartune almost exactly one month ago, played a fair bit 42k br and lvl 55. I hear a lot especially in the battle grounds as to how my Br is low for my level and i should camp lvl and gain br. The only thing is , the only place i can see that br/level matters is the BG, and compared to guild battles the rewards are trivial at best to the point of the BG being almost pointless.
    The only way I see the BG being relevant is if I were to cash massively double everyone elses br and slaughter them in the BG, which I am not gonna do.
    Maybe in cross server arena battles, although I am running a 80% win rate there, so the evidence form my perspective would suggest also its a non factor there. Everything else, single arena, divine alter, cata, guild battles level is irrelevant.
    So why camp level to gain br?

Some people want to claim level camping is the only way to gain Lord Divine, or to keep up with cashers. The problem is tho, you can never keep up with cashers, if they know what they are doing.

And about 6-12 month ago, level holding was good, so you could gain br to beat the next dungeons, but with all the extra things that have come out, beating GOD, MD, or LD isn't that hard. Heck even Nirvana isn't hard with all the new stuff coming all the time.

Basicly, level hold if you wanna build your char up and have fun in battle ground, or if you can't or don't want vip, maybe hold your level at 59 or 64(decide whter you wanna skip 50 or 60 set basicly), until you reach max honor.

But that's just what I think, I bet a slow leveler will come by and tell you how awesome slow leveling really is, and maybe it is, I don't know cause I would have missed out on about 10 free mounts xD

Comment

Camping doesn't make you gain BR. It actually slows down your BR gain because you will be avoiding events which give exp in addition to other rewards.

Most common excuse I see for people who camp is "to get honor to gain LD". Which may be kinda valid now...because the BG brackets will be filled with people who have been squatting there for months (I'd imagine. I've never camped so some guessing going on here.). On the other hand, you can get LD without camping, it just might take longer and/or some helpful friends.

The real reason for people camping is best summed up in this response I got when I asked one of my guildmates: I just don't like dying.

To me, it makes more sense to skip BG (if you don't like it) than to skip everything but BG, WB, and group arena in order to make BG more palatable.

Comment

Campers = People who are frustrated in their real life and want to spend more time in game !
        Cashers = Have a tons of money and really want to show off their cash,have attitude, and ya for fun they waste their cash,
        Light Cashers = Knows, this is just a game and can quit when ever the fun ends
        Non -Cashers = Some are smart and love free playing, some are too dumb to waste their time some of them fall in the category of Campers
        Noob Cashers = well you see them a lot in game , they don't know the game basics and spend the money when ever a money event pop up.

Admit it or not, now you know what you are and i'm damn sure you know i'm right about this,

TOPIC CLOSED ! HAVE FUN
        I'm Cupcaked ! My Account got hacked and some cupcaker sold every thing. Blah !!!
        and R2 Not helping with restoring the account. Sweet, This is what i put tons of money here .

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbacmon View Post
          Campers = People who are frustrated in their real life and want to spend more time in game !
          Cashers = Have a tons of money and really want to show off their cash,have attitude, and ya for fun they waste their cash,
          Light Cashers = Knows, this is just a game and can quit when ever the fun ends
          Non -Cashers = Some are smart and love free playing, some are too dumb to waste their time some of them fall in the category of Campers
          Noob Cashers = well you see them a lot in game , they don't know the game basics and spend the money when ever a money event pop up.

Admit it or not, now you know what you are and i'm damn sure you know i'm right about this,

TOPIC CLOSED ! HAVE FUN
          You forgot Slow-levelers = people that slow level to gain PvP Title and be strong at their level.

Comment

I met alot of 59s with high BR and LD medal..my solution to them is HOLYSEAL I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Kread999 View Post
              I started playing Wartune almost exactly one month ago, played a fair bit 42k br and lvl 55. I hear a lot especially in the battle grounds as to how my Br is low for my level and i should camp lvl and gain br. The only thing is , the only place i can see that br/level matters is the BG, and compared to guild battles the rewards are trivial at best to the point of the BG being almost pointless.
              The only way I see the BG being relevant is if I were to cash massively double everyone elses br and slaughter them in the BG, which I am not gonna do.
              Maybe in cross server arena battles, although I am running a 80% win rate there, so the evidence form my perspective would suggest also its a non factor there. Everything else, single arena, divine alter, cata, guild battles level is irrelevant.
              So why camp level to gain br?
              you are correct, br/level only matters in cross server events. however like everyone else said, its better to gain LD before 64 because in higher lvl bg there are mostly veteran players, no newbies to feed on. thus gaining honor will be harder except if you have high lvl VIP.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Camper is different from slow leveler. I am level 68, but I always do ToK, spire, and cata, yet I am 68 for a month now... For me, being a slow leveler is more fun and less stressful - you do not have to do everything in the game... This game is taking too much time of our real time...

Slow levelers today can gain stuff which are not yet available to them - higher level crystaloids and legend stones.

Comment

Actually slow leveling is good, but not the extrem camping, you don;t want to remain under 70 2 years.You just have to be careful how to level to be able to do you current level's mpd.However if you are a free player, it will be very hard to get the Ld title after lvl 70. I always built up my talents to max then I leveled up(slow leverer).Campers are those guys that maxed their honor for their level and still don't level up, just remain in bg's with weak ppl to slaughter them
                  Server: Kabam 17
                  Player name: Dwarf
                  Player level: 80
                  Player class: Knight
                  Honor title: Imperial Mythic Something
                  Battle rating: 615k
                  Guild name: LoonyToons

Comment

My level has always gone off of my Talent level. When talent is maxed then I level. Don't know if that makes me a camper or a slow leveler but that is my game strategy.

Comment

After getting Lord Divine, I dont see the point of "camping" anymore.. And it takes about 2 months and a half to go from 0 honor to LD if you max honor everyday. You dont even need to camp to get it fairly "fast". You can just slow level (my definition of slow leveling is only avoiding the useless exp. And that means..guild tree, completing mpd attempt and daily/whatever quests that only gives some gold.)
                      In a few weeks, you can get a decent br for bg (assuming you started leveling slower kinda "early" lol, if you reached lvl 64 at 30k br, there's a problem XD).

Comment

Originally posted by R226329038 View Post
                        After getting Lord Divine, I dont see the point of "camping" anymore.. And it takes about 2 months and a half to go from 0 honor to LD if you max honor everyday. You dont even need to camp to get it fairly "fast". You can just slow level (my definition of slow leveling is only avoiding the useless exp. And that means..guild tree, completing mpd attempt and daily/whatever quests that only gives some gold.)
                        In a few weeks, you can get a decent br for bg (assuming you started leveling slower kinda "early" lol, if you reached lvl 64 at 30k br, there's a problem XD).
                        my server, not much players camp at 64 (at least not my guild as I always prefer lvl up for my guildies XD)

and actually high lvl BG is a better place to farm honor, lots of VIP 9 there and no one will dryad on you

at least that's what I think, I also farm my LD at lvl 74 or 76 (forgot)
                        SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                        IGN: Kimwong
                        CLASS: Knight
                        PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                        BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                        Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
                          my server, not much players camp at 64 (at least not my guild as I always prefer lvl up for my guildies XD)

and actually high lvl BG is a better place to farm honor, lots of VIP 9 there and no one will dryad on you

at least that's what I think, I also farm my LD at lvl 74 or 76 (forgot)
                          True.. There are really nice people running naked to give free honor haha, lvl 70+ bg sure is far from the 10 yo mentality of most pre 60 bg xD

Comment

Originally posted by danotz View Post
                            Actually slow leveling is good, but not the extrem camping, you don;t want to remain under 70 2 years.You just have to be careful how to level to be able to do you current level's mpd.However if you are a free player, it will be very hard to get the Ld title after lvl 70. I always built up my talents to max then I leveled up(slow leverer).Campers are those guys that maxed their honor for their level and still don't level up, just remain in bg's with weak ppl to slaughter them
                            Truth, they just stay at lvl 54 or lvl 59 with over 90k br and target anyone weaker than them. I kinda feel sad for them mostly
                            IGN: princestewii
                            Class: Archer
                            Server: Kabam 86

Comment

i have nothing against ppl who camp at low lvl for months, but for some time began to appear campers, who cash in same time, u really cant say a player at lvl 39 with 32k br is not a player who spend money and a camper in same time. if im wrong some1 can explain please how work this camp, cuz i cant imagine how can someone get at lvl 39, 32k br without money, not even if camping at that lvl for long long time.

So my opinion is that these Casher, how all ppl call them, they start to play smart , stop at low lvl and work on two ways in same time.

PS: here i say about bg on 30-39 ( not say on 40+ where u meet 50k br+ )
                              Last edited by G3ORG1AN; 08-06-2014, 03:34 AM.
                              I come from a world that you don't understand!

Comment

Working...
                              X