Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Player explain the point of Camping please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R230028138 View Post
    so i definitely dont believe in camping.
    Slow leveling/camping is not for everyone. And that's fine. Just like rushing to level 80 is not for everyone. And that's fine too.

Slow levelers and campers do not compare themselves to the masses, nor to people who started at the same time as them. They compare themselves to other like-minded players or other players their level (often both).
    They set individual goals for themselves (that can be BR, Astrals, PvP Gear, Sylph goals, etc), and try to achieve those. Or have a competition with other like-minded people about gaining a certain BR.

And yes, they might miss out on stuff (or not, depends on your point of view), and yes it might be a mystery to some others why people slow level, but in the end it does not bother you, it does not concern you. Let them play the way they want, just as you are free to play the way you want. There is no 'good' and 'bad' playing style, just different opinions.

So for those in this thread being a bit hostile towards slow levelers and/or campers: please don't. It's mostly the 'normal' players on the forum that are rude, demeaning and downright nasty to slow levelers/campers, while the opposite is pretty uncommon. It's a game for everyone, and everyone is entitled to their own playing style. (But no one is entitled to offend others.)
    "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
    and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
      130-150k non-cashers?wut
      That is possible... mine is already at 110k only at level 68... anichaos, I think has more br than mine.
      When we get to 80, we might have more br than them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
        That is possible... mine is already at 110k only at level 68... anichaos, I think has more br than mine.
        When we get to 80, we might have more br than them.
        yeah but 130-150k dont think thats possible..

Comment

if i swap my block and crit gems to pdef and mdef, i can reach 150k(currently 146.6k because gem synth event). i played for 18 months with only 3 weeks break tho.
          but again, not pure 100% noncasher since my guild mates bought me vip for 2 months back in august-september 2013.
          Last edited by Arlad; 08-07-2014, 03:13 AM. Reason: wrong year lol
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Ok. My highest non-casher friend's got 148k BR. I just rounded it to 150k.
            It's an archer with 3 non-BR astrals (Determination, Goddess Blessing and Guardian Angel).

Comment

Lately, you only camp to reach certain levels in honor. After that, there is absolutely NO reason to slow level / camp unless you just feel like it. It's really hard to get LD in 80's BG unless you are a hardcore casher.
              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

izverg lvl 68 , light casher 138k br on armor games . its possible when u slow level

Comment

I am 150k+ non-casher (no-vip, never recharged). I have max dragon soul, starting on lvl 8 gems (dropped a couple def gems last event so my br is a little low atm), lvl 78 soul engrave got enough to max now. got like 7k mount str (cant log in atm to check but lvl 6 soon to be lvl 7 stables). Got 1 evolved sylph and will have my 2nd in about 2-3 months depending on luck with mahra.

its possible, and i'm one of those really old players that have 1+ years

and i have had no luck with free event boxes, never got mounts or sylphs

and I always maxed my daily xp, use to be top 3 in total xp of my serv before I capped my talents and stopped doing alot of daily stuff like bounties.

Comment

No point in talking about "max" BR. BR range always changes when new content is released. L50s on the CN servers have over 200k BR.

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                      Lately, you only camp to reach certain levels in honor. After that, there is absolutely NO reason to slow level / camp unless you just feel like it. It's really hard to get LD in 80's BG unless you are a hardcore casher.
                      Well, I still have reason to slow level even after getting the LD - that damn Grim Reaper title... I thought that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for a non-casher like me to get that title at a higher bg level... If I can get the title easier now, why not... After that, I can stop slow leveling... I also met a lot of LD players in bg who still stay at the bracket just for that useless title

Comment

Well, I still have reason to slow level even after getting the LD - that damn Grim Reaper title... I thought that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for a non-casher like me to get that title at a higher bg level... If I can get the title easier now, why not... After that, I can stop slow leveling... I also met a lot of LD players in bg who still stay at the bracket just for that useless title
                        so you will camp 1 year or more for a title with no value?
                        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                          yeah

when other reach lvl 80 and 100k br+ in that year ur still at camping and get kicked on server, but that who camp, make rulles in bg
                          I come from a world that you don't understand!

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                            That depends on the player... If they are fast killers, they can get it as soon as possible... 1 year is too long. 6 months should be the most
                            That is why getting the title is easier at lower levels, where you can finish a fight in just 15 seconds.

And come to think of it, title is not useless after all. It reflects your hard work and persistence... plus, he Grim Reaper title is a Shining Gold fonts...Titles are some souvenirs from the past, they are like a trophy and fame in real world...

Just ask an athlete why would he train for more than a year just for a medallion or trophie. Maybe same with us.

Comment

Grim Reaper, lol!
                              I've been playing for 15 moths, LD for over half of a year, VIP9 for last 2-3 months and I need like 7k kills for this useless title.
                              Who would bother about something that has totally no effect on his character?

That depends on the player... If they are fast killers, they can get it as soon as possible... 1 year is too long. 6 months should be the most
                              That is why getting the title is easier at lower levels, where you can finish a fight in just 15 seconds.

And come to think of it, title is not useless after all. It reflects your hard work and persistence... plus, he Grim Reaper title is a Shining Gold fonts...Titles are some souvenirs from the past, they are like a trophy and fame in real world...

Just ask an athlete why would he train for more than a year just for a medallion or trophie. Maybe same with us.
                              Shining Titles are only those irritating pixels which hide the other, more important parts of the screen. I haven't applied any title for months, because they're only irritating and useless.

An athlete is a totally different story. That's their way of life and their occupation. They get rewards for it and when they get a medallion, they get paid as well. Not mentioning, their adverts' income often relies on their form and rewards they get.
                              Last edited by Caballero1321; 08-06-2014, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
                                Grim Reaper, lol!
                                I've been playing for 15 moths, VIP9 for last 2-3 months and I need like 7k kills for this useless title.
                                Who would bother about something that has totally no effect on his character?
                                Well, there are a few of us who bother... Still 7k? Cause you did not work on it. It is our decision to get it or not... I myself have a collector attitude in me... I try to keep things which are possible to keep,

Comment

Working...
                                X