Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Poll] Avernal Realm - AFK Mode Enabled or Disabled?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R2288716 View Post
    afk set up has nuttin to do with it, it's who is aura, and has the most OP character. As we seen in seng and so many other areas, it's all about OP. disabling or leaving it enable will not change the final outcome.
    I'm definitely not op or even a scion and score 2mil+ damage in the 30 minutes the arena is open. (3rd Place)

Keep the afk I like it the way it is.

The balancer is awesome but may be buggy, havent checked yet but equipping elixirs and DS before entering changed nothing suggesting that the way to get an advantage is to equip after entering. In theory could you remove all equipment inside then re equip and cancel the balancer?
    Last edited by DocHolli; 06-25-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Laziness..

Comment

Originally posted by DoggyDoggy View Post
        split the Avernal realm into to L's like seng, 2 L's 25 players in each max, that way theres less lag and people wouldnt haveta rely on AFK mode becuase i personally think 50 players are to much for some people to handle lag wise
        yeah, separating the group into 25 player layers would clean up a lot of lag. Lag of course is the biggest issue in here. plus enough lag and the flash will crash taking up to 60 secs getting loged back in and losing like 4-5 places.

Let out your rage on level 30 trading ---^

Comment

stay ENABLE plz....it may cut down on lag a lil but NOT enough...try controlling a toon when its laggy is almost impossible.

Comment

yep like almost every1 i like the afk enabled

Comment

Disable it, pressing afk and not paying attention to screen is a bad way to have events done.

Comment

keep it ENABLED plllllheeeeheeeezzzzz....i would get carpel tunnel in my wrists in a week if i had to sit there and tap my keyboard for 30 min straight every arena. plz say ENABLED

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Pat View Post
                  We were very pleased to release our newest battleground, the Avernal Realm last week. We have heard some positive feedback and some complaints about the new activity, however we would like to ask the R2 community to improve the battleground as a whole. Currently, AFK mode is enabled within the Avernal Realm, however various players have suggested for it to be removed within the battleground. What do you have to say? Would you like for AFK mode to be enabled or disabled in the Avernal Realm? This poll will be held for the following week and if the response is great enough, AFK mode may or may not be removed from the battleground. Also, do not be afraid to respond to this thread if you have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve this newly released battleground.
                  This is such a ridiculous non-issue.. A good point was raised that OP players are the ones who succeed with/without AFK active, disabling AFK is a very, very nonsensical idea for that fact, and the fact anyone who is arguing in favor of disabling it either has forgotten or has no earthly clue that success in Avernal Realm boils down to two factors (other than damage dealt), which are Attack/Casting Speed and personal timing. With AFK enabled, one can make the most use of their best and fastest skills and will not lose time and damage to clicking buttons, and thus can maintain a steady flow.

I vote to keep AFK Mode enabled inside Avernal Realm, because there is no other option, and those arguing against keeping it in place should ask themselves if they really want OP characters to continue to, regardless of timing/etc., top-10 every list while everyone else just gives up because without AFK it becomes nigh-impossible to even hit Top 30 without really good stats/gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyric View Post
                    This is such a ridiculous non-issue.. A good point was raised that OP players are the ones who succeed with/without AFK active, disabling AFK is a very, very nonsensical idea for that fact, and the fact anyone who is arguing in favor of disabling it either has forgotten or has no earthly clue that success in Avernal Realm boils down to two factors (other than damage dealt), which are Attack/Casting Speed and personal timing. With AFK enabled, one can make the most use of their best and fastest skills and will not lose time and damage to clicking buttons, and thus can maintain a steady flow.

I vote to keep AFK Mode enabled inside Avernal Realm, because there is no other option, and those arguing against keeping it in place should ask themselves if they really want OP characters to continue to, regardless of timing/etc., top-10 every list while everyone else just gives up because without AFK it becomes nigh-impossible to even hit Top 30 without really good stats/gear.
                    let me ask you a question. when you grind to level by fighting mobs. do you use afk? or do you do it by hand?
                    i do it by hand. and i have a video that proves afk for me is inefficient.
                    this would be the same thing as asking afk to be enabled in seng. people manage their skills and stuff enough in seng, i don't see how it should be a problem in avernal with targeting.
                    afk in avernal really messes up my skill chains. cause all it does is spam random **** i have in there and even if i have it set up perfectly it doesn't do what would be best next. most the time i spend fighting the afk system to do my fastest skills not in afk window because its trying to spam 6-8 other things at once.
                    the OP ppl everyones complaining about would actually have a challange then as well since all they have to do now is set hp use pot at 99% pet hp use pot @80% then they never have to worry about healing their OP 4-5gen pets. or themselves. i can't kill these OP ppl in kaymo because they fight me with afk on. in seng i can. cause they aren't auto healing &spamming every attack like a bot.
                    i don't like afk in special events. thats like saying ppl can just hit "." then walk away and get mad cool stuff easy peasy. tamalan, seng, GR, delivery, have it disabled. i think avernal should be too. was able to kick some mobs around and mess ppls afk's up sending them to a empty zone. they didn't even notice they weren't fighting anything for 4-5 min. &they got top prizes still. a challenge is supposed to be a challenge, not to reward lazyness. as that is the challenge-monitor your skills and health then use the right skills at the right time.. every pro does it.

Comment

enable afk mode..
                      IGN: Angel,Blue exorcist
                      Lvl :Scion 9x,Mortal 4x
                      SERVER:[S9] Zensho Island, [S4]The Wilterlands

Gambate neh!

BEFORE U JUDGE ME,
                      MAKE SURE THAT U'RE PERFECT!!

File a ticket here:

Comment

Definitely enable. It's my favorite part of the Event. I can follow a Scion at the boss and just AFK without worrying about dying because he is also tanking and AFKing.

Comment

I voted for "ENABLED".

This arena is laggy when most of the players stay on 1 platform. And going AFK helps on spamming attacks and keeping you alive (if you tank the boss).

Personally, i lost 1st place coz of lag. Even with AFK, its still hard to spam... But yes, leave it ENABLED pls. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco View Post
                            let me ask you a question. when you grind to level by fighting mobs. do you use afk? or do you do it by hand?
                            i do it by hand. and i have a video that proves afk for me is inefficient.
                            this would be the same thing as asking afk to be enabled in seng. people manage their skills and stuff enough in seng, i don't see how it should be a problem in avernal with targeting.
                            afk in avernal really messes up my skill chains. cause all it does is spam random **** i have in there and even if i have it set up perfectly it doesn't do what would be best next. most the time i spend fighting the afk system to do my fastest skills not in afk window because its trying to spam 6-8 other things at once.
                            the OP ppl everyones complaining about would actually have a challange then as well since all they have to do now is set hp use pot at 99% pet hp use pot @80% then they never have to worry about healing their OP 4-5gen pets. or themselves. i can't kill these OP ppl in kaymo because they fight me with afk on. in seng i can. cause they aren't auto healing &spamming every attack like a bot.
                            i don't like afk in special events. thats like saying ppl can just hit "." then walk away and get mad cool stuff easy peasy. tamalan, seng, GR, delivery, have it disabled. i think avernal should be too. was able to kick some mobs around and mess ppls afk's up sending them to a empty zone. they didn't even notice they weren't fighting anything for 4-5 min. &they got top prizes still. a challenge is supposed to be a challenge, not to reward lazyness. as that is the challenge-monitor your skills and health then use the right skills at the right time.. every pro does it.
                            i agree with this, even though people have voted more on "enabled" doesnt the choice still boil down to you guys? right now isnt Avernal Realm just a grinding event? AFK mode and go do something else, Events are ment to be fun and challenging not simply something where u can AFK mode while eating popcorn

i would hope that my suggestion would get implimented becuase i think if that was to happen less people would rely on AFK all the time.

Comment

Enable AFK mode.

Comment

Anyone who voted "Yes" are the lazy and sad ones.
                                Your computer lags while in Avernal?
                                Dude, get a god damn upgrade, then.

I have a Macbook Air and I don't lag at all in Avernal.
                                What does that say?
                                This laptop isn't even meant for gaming whatsoever.

As stated by others: Avernal was meant to be a challenge and you only want Enabled AFK Mode because you don't want to die by anyone else.
                                Pathetic.

Edit: This also includes me turning off all effects.

Also, before you even dare to argue with me, don't even try using "staff" as an argument.
                                Last edited by BrotherVT; 06-26-2012, 03:10 AM.
                                The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

Working...
                                X