Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeriagames Crystal Saga was officially shutdown at 12:00 PM August 31st, 2017 (GMT+8)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Announcement] Aeriagames Crystal Saga was officially shutdown at 12:00 PM August 31st, 2017 (GMT+8)

Dear Players,

We regret to announce that Aeriagames Crystal Saga was officially shut down at 12:00 PM August 31st, 2017 (GMT+8). Thank you for your continuous support and understanding in this matter. Moving forward, we will do our best to offer you better and more exciting games. Stay tuned for upcoming releases on R2Games!
    Last edited by R2_Cinney; 09-06-2017, 09:09 PM.

so will r2 crystal shut down anytime soon?

Sever:Amethyst Forest
    Class:Rogue

Comment

wow can we get anything from old accounts lvl 159 priest gone..

anything gonna happen with old accounts there? so there just deleted?
      Last edited by Reverie; 09-07-2017, 10:09 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Comment

Shut down server i think aeria game cs.....i think r2 games transfer to account....another merging

Comment

No, R2 CS is not shutting down any time soon. We're good for the near future.

My condolences to the lost Aeria toons. Unfortunately, transfers are not possible. That is something that has to be negotiated well in advance of a shut down, and even with intentions for merging there is never a guarantee both sides would come to a suitable agreement. Once a shut down happens, that's it. The data link between character and account is broken. For this reason, manually rebuilding active characters isn't even an option.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Aeria made it seem like it was a surprise to the gm and product manager. If you guys knew you were gonna do this why didn't you start negotiations or give them a heads up on the players behalf?

Some of us there had thousands of dollars and 5+ years of playing and for you guys to cut us off is messed up not even offering a merger
            Last edited by Disguy; 09-07-2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disguy View Post
              Aeria made it seem like it was a surprise to the gm and product manager. If you guys knew you were gonna do this why didn't you start negotiations or give them a heads up on the players behalf?

Some of us there had thousands of dollars and 5+ years of playing and for you guys to cut us off is messed up not even offering a merger
              Aeria's shut down was as much a, if not more of a surprise to us as it was to them. None of us here even caught wind till Monday, September 4th (Aeria's shut down occurred on the 31st of August).

As Memory said, cross-platform merges are not guaranteed by any means. Both involved parties have to reach an agreement before the shut down date for a transfer. It's difficult to pin blame on anyone after the fact, but I can say that the relative R2 department and people who needed to be in the know were not.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverie View Post
                Aeria's shut down was as much a, if not more of a surprise to us as it was to them. None of us here even caught wind till Monday, September 4th (Aeria's shut down occurred on the 31st of August).

As Memory said, cross-platform merges are not guaranteed by any means. Both involved parties have to reach an agreement before the shut down date for a transfer. It's difficult to pin blame on anyone after the fact, but I can say that the relative R2 department and people who needed to be in the know were not.
                This is wrong on so many levels. Whoever is responsible for the shutdown is totally unprofessional and dishonest. How can is be good business practice to just shutdown a service without notifying anyone?! I have had a toon on S2 there since 2012, and was an active player until the day before the shutdown. It's all convenient to say that cross-platform merges are not guaranteed, but at the same time, where is the decency or even basic human civility with notifying players or your own business partners of a possible shutdown?! How is that excusable?! How can r2, or aeria, do business with people like that?!

I know Reverie and the other mods at r2 wouldn't lie about their lack of prior knowledge of this, but I find it hard to believe that *no one* knew anything. And if the relevant r2 department didn't know that their business partners would do this, then you guys need to seriously reconsider who you do business with, because this is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kastrum View Post

This is wrong on so many levels. Whoever is responsible for the shutdown is totally unprofessional and dishonest. How can is be good business practice to just shutdown a service without notifying anyone?! I have had a toon on S2 there since 2012, and was an active player until the day before the shutdown. It's all convenient to say that cross-platform merges are not guaranteed, but at the same time, where is the decency or even basic human civility with notifying players or your own business partners of a possible shutdown?! How is that excusable?! How can r2, or aeria, do business with people like that?!

I know Reverie and the other mods at r2 wouldn't lie about their lack of prior knowledge of this, but I find it hard to believe that *no one* knew anything. And if the relevant r2 department didn't know that their business partners would do this, then you guys need to seriously reconsider who you do business with, because this is just wrong.
                  You are in the right to feel wronged as things were not handled ideally with Aeria's shut down. Usually, we are informed of a platform's intention to shut the server down ahead of time and MemoryLane in particular is on the ball with having appropriate R2 personnel look into salvaging players and their toons. Unfortunately this time around, news reached us too late and even after contacting relevant members on Monday, nothing could be done to reverse the shut down as it had already happened days prior.

Comment

As terrible as it may be if you didn't know Aeria was bought by Gamigo(they call it a partnership) a few months back and on Aura Kingdom at least there has been alot of GM/PM changes, ticket system change ect cause of this and well if you're familiar with Gamigo's work on Fiesta (worse than r2 by far, can pm reinviting for some 'lovely' stories) it's understandable why it got messed up.
                    'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Aeria is terrible and was bought out my a even more terrible company gamigo. After gamigo bought them they cut all ticket support for browser games.

Its not understandable why it happen, its just proof they don't care about the players who played on their platform. It has happen to alot of people who play there, all you have to do is search the forums for previous games they hosted.

I can only speak for myself but i am glad to be done with aeria games. I only played crystal saga there and while it really sucks to lose out on years of playing and lite spending the type of business they run is despicable and has only gotten worse over the years

Comment

Originally posted by Disguy View Post
                        Aeria is terrible and was bought out my a even more terrible company gamigo. After gamigo bought them they cut all ticket support for browser games.

Its not understandable why it happen, its just proof they don't care about the players who played on their platform. It has happen to alot of people who play there, all you have to do is search the forums for previous games they hosted.

I can only speak for myself but i am glad to be done with aeria games. I only played crystal saga there and while it really sucks to lose out on years of playing and lite spending the type of business they run is despicable and has only gotten worse over the years
                        By understandable I mean they suck bad so that's why it happened, not meaning forgivable or done right at all.

You played on Aeria? Thought you played here with how active you were on forums.

Comment

aeria forums were dead this was the only place to talk about the game outside of the game server over there. The gms didn't post updates so i had to come here to find out whats new.
                          You know how the hidden updates go other than trial and error the player on forums here were helpful. I would of really liked to play here with my rogue, I kept playing and grinding on a dead server with the hope of some day being merged with r2 like the other sites were.
                          Last edited by Disguy; 09-09-2017, 12:42 AM. Reason: added more

Comment

The same thing happened with KingsRoad, Aeria just dropped it like a hot potato. fortunately Rumble games had the ability to recover lost accounts.

Comment

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/...64280#22064280

mod saying

'Unfortunately, the servers were shut down without notice and the devs apparently did not notify aeria about it or about their intent on any data transfer agreement etc.

I wish this had been different, I lost my char and money / crystal in game as well :/ If i had known believe you me... I would not have spent as much as i did... so yeah I was not aware of any of this until the day R2 decided to close the servers.

The information I have is that the GMs or PM were not aware of this either. They tried to contact R2 multiple times and it seems there was no response at all. Not sure what happened with all that ,but the fact is R2 should've let us, the players, know of their intent to close the servers in aeria ahead of time.'

So wasn't Aeria's fault it was R2's based off this lol?

Comment

Working...
                              X