[Activity] Token Exchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlazingAngel View Post
    I agree with you about the players finding a reason to complain if they feel like complaining. But actually, events get updates added to them all the time, just most of the player base does not even notice it. This was not something that was so monumental that should have been given an official announcement.

And I do agree with you that people are complaining about there being a token event, when it is essentially an event where you get to choose your own prize.
    Incorrect, again, I am acessing your response here not being a player, but more a response a moderator would give, and it falls completely in line with my argument. This WAS in fact a VERY important change to happen with short notice...people were saving those tokens for valuable shop items, ie: GPOW, that took 50 tokens to save for. I personally had half those tokens already, and with what I gained from invaders today, would have been within 2 or 3 tokens of that big prize for a 3rd time. Instead I've been reduced to SS as prizes. I don't cash, so yeah, it's a BIG DEAL to a player like myself. Not complaining, but stating a fact of the matter. Players like me got the shaft here. no denying that fact.

We can't choose our prize if said prize we worked hard to save for has been removed. Duh :
    Last edited by StormYoda; 06-27-2014, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StormYoda View Post
      1st of all, let me say something I know you will disagree with....my original poke the bear post was in no way flaming, nor did I use inappropriate language[snip]

As for my original post, r2 were complete cowards in deleting it, I simply stated facts there that the majority of players failed to see, or were too scared to bring to the company's attention. There was zero langauge in my original post that was "offensive, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language." [snip]

To summarize, yeah, you may have made an announcement, but nobody saw it. [snip]

[snip]Instead I've been reduced to SS as prizes. I don't cash, so yeah, it's a BIG DEAL to a player like myself. Not complaining, but stating a fact of the matter. Players like me got the shaft here. no denying that fact.

We can't choose our prize if said prize we worked hard to save for has been removed. Duh :
      Snipped for length, not for lack of importance.

I reviewed the deleted posts, and I agree with the decision to delete them. Please feel free to pm me if you wish to discuss the deleted posts further.

No one is disagreeing that the announcement could have been made a little more clear. However, the forum is the official place for all news and events, and events are subject to change on occasion (it even says that in the ToS). So, it would be wise going forward to check the event threads once in a while, but we will pass along the feedback about posting a new thread to direct players to read the update. Information ingame, specifically in the event panel, cannot be changed unless the servers are taken offline, so there was no ability to update the event panel or add in text to announce it live in chat prior to the maintenance.

As mentioned in the update in the event thread, the tokens are now able to be used in each token exchange event going forward. No longer will you end up with a pile of tokens from the month before that will go unused. The rewards you are able to exchange your tokens for will be different every month. You can now save your tokens until you see something you want and then maximize your ability to claim that reward, so no you are not stuck with getting something you did not want. While we do understand that players are upset about the change, this is a very good change. It's actually incorporating many player suggestions for what rewards are seen in the token exchange. It's been asked many times for there to be variety, new items, items for new systems, etc- this change will allow for that to happen.

Regardless, it's time to move on. I'm sorry the change has affected you in a negative manner. Your feedback has been noted for any future changes. Keep the suggestions coming, cause they are being read, and the proof of that is with this change.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

silent update on 06-24-2014 i missed too

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....Token-Exchange

Comment

Could R2 make those kind of updates more visible for us in forums pretty please ) ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SS-token update.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1689963

Click image for larger version

Name:	SS-token update2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	1689964

Thank you )

I spent those tokens for my 2nd GPOW the last day of exchange.Tbh Im checking the forums often. Honestly I didnt saw it also. But its ok
          [S55]Abbie
          [S3]Legends
          Eidolon 147
          Ultimate Demon Lord Wings +3
          Supreme Auguric Fragarach Orb X. +14
          Kilin
          Holy Terrene
          Level 7 Seiryu
          +1497 Soul
          Pets: Will you be one?

Worry less, smile more. Don't regret just learn and grow.

Comment

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....Token-Exchange

As you can see from my quote from the previous thread regarding the Token Exchange that was "changed" without prior warning, the event listing for the prior Token Exchange does say that it is until the 26th. [-...].
            That's just **! A lot of people on my server can back up me here, ingame it said that the Quartertoken run until 30th of June! So who says that the GM didn't edit his posting and adjusted the time there? We know they can edit posting without notice and even then, the update note clearly shows that there was an edit. So it means nothing to us players...

Comment

It is true that r2 has the right to change the events at anytime, and has changed events for various reasons. That's not the point people are making. The point is the token exchange was a good one and r2 cut it short. Doing things like that translates to a lack of respect for the people that play the game, and it sets a precedence that any event can end at any time, and if that's going to be the case why save tokens for something big when it might not be there when you have the coins. I had 49 tokens on the 25th thinking the event ended on the 30th. Lucky me huh? Why would I save my tokens for the prizes that need more tokens when that prize can be removed at any time? If you read the forums there is not a lot of praise for what's going on. A good manager would see that what they are doing is causing problems and change it for the better, but not r2. R2 doubles and triples down on bad policy. The four day change made a big difference, and for what, to give use a lame pet.

r2 reminds me of this old man that used to drive the ice cream truck when I was a child. He was a hateful, bitter old man that hated children and hated being in the heat. We, all the neighborhood kids, hated handing him money but we loved the ice cream. He never showed up at the same time and didn't show up a lot of the time. When that old man stopped coming and another man showed up we were as happy as can be, but that fool ran over my skate board sitting in my neighbors driveway. I threw rocks at him until he stopped coming. We all were forced to walk to the store to buy ice cream.
              Love the game, don't love how it's managed. More and more people are walking away from the game.
              This will be my last post. ..\..
              "The freedom we believe we have is an illusion. Open your mind and see the truth of this world!"

Comment

Originally posted by MomoJay View Post
                It is true that r2 has the right to change the events at anytime, and has changed events for various reasons. That's not the point people are making. The point is the token exchange was a good one and r2 cut it short. Doing things like that translates to a lack of respect for the people that play the game, and it sets a precedence that any event can end at any time, and if that's going to be the case why save tokens for something big when it might not be there when you have the coins. I had 49 tokens on the 25th thinking the event ended on the 30th. Lucky me huh? Why would I save my tokens for the prizes that need more tokens when that prize can be removed at any time? If you read the forums there is not a lot of praise for what's going on. A good manager would see that what they are doing is causing problems and change it for the better, but not r2. R2 doubles and triples down on bad policy. The four day change made a big difference, and for what, to give use a lame pet.
                Let me first say, that if all posts were as polite and nicely put as your post is, then it is possible that changes would be quicker and much easier to present. So thank you for being respectful in your post, while still expressing your displeasure.

I understand where everyone is coming from. I honestly do. The comments that had been made previously that I do not seem like an actual player of the game, is wrong. I am a VERY active player, I am one of the leaders of my guild, I have played since almost the start of R2 hosting Crystal Saga. I am not a big casher. And I volunteered to become a mod to help the community, not for any personal gain, or not so that I could be the mouth piece of R2 or whatever was said. Please know that myself and the other moderators DO take your concerns to the appropriate people, and we DO try to make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Also, do not think that your concerns fall on deaf ears, they do not. For right now, if you do not want what is in the current event, then save your tokens for the next round. We worked hard so that you would not have useless tokens that you end up throwing away. This is the reason for that. So there was not the disappointment of not getting the reward that you wanted because the event ended before you could save enough tokens. As of right now, everyone is aware of the discontent of the current exchange event.

I cannot promise a change, but I can say that the mods (collectively) have made sure that everyone on the team is aware of the displeasure.

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?

Comment

Let me first say, that if all posts were as polite and nicely put as your post is, then it is possible that changes would be quicker and much easier to present. So thank you for being respectful in your post, while still expressing your displeasure.

I understand where everyone is coming from. I honestly do. The comments that had been made previously that I do not seem like an actual player of the game, is wrong. I am a VERY active player, I am one of the leaders of my guild, I have played since almost the start of R2 hosting Crystal Saga. I am not a big casher. And I volunteered to become a mod to help the community, not for any personal gain, or not so that I could be the mouth piece of R2 or whatever was said. Please know that myself and the other moderators DO take your concerns to the appropriate people, and we DO try to make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Also, do not think that your concerns fall on deaf ears, they do not. For right now, if you do not want what is in the current event, then save your tokens for the next round. We worked hard so that you would not have useless tokens that you end up throwing away. This is the reason for that. So there was not the disappointment of not getting the reward that you wanted because the event ended before you could save enough tokens. As of right now, everyone is aware of the discontent of the current exchange event.

I cannot promise a change, but I can say that the mods (collectively) have made sure that everyone on the team is aware of the displeasure.
                  Then I apologize for calling you a lackey for r2 BA, but still the response seemed shallow from you until now, that is. I also run a guild (level 8) in my server cluster, one of the finest there, and I run it peacefully and out or respect for all the other houses, I became the Pope (guiding lead for interserver concerns, etc, as I explained before) for my respective server cluster. It's hard work, yes, but in a very similar way, we are doing the same job here and in game. We help guide, motivate, and keep the players informed. I simply think, after reading posts here from other angered players, that the company in genral has wronged us, and owes us a sincere apology for cutting the previous QM token exchange short, and possibly a bonus pack for our losses (as many if us choosing to save for the large GPOW rewards, were basically cheated outta getting that, be it by 1 token like a poster on this page or by 25 tokens, the premise is the same).

I agree that poster is respectful, maybe morseso that I was, in their argument. I for one am not someone that shows respect more to a company when I feel I've been repeatedly cheated and wronged by said company, and yeah, they have a long history of doing so, and not just to me, but most others I play this game with. When I'm wronged here or IRL, it takes a lot to earn my respect again, if ever again. As I stated earlier, the players are the HEART and SOUL of any game...without us, the game withers and dies, and quickly at that. R2 needs to do some reality checks (no pun on their name intended), and figure out how to save their game here before the masses simply walk away for good, including in that number the many cashers not only on my server cluster, but game wide. Just a thought, but a solid one. I'm a very reasonable man, with a lot of patience, but they pretty much raged my Storm this time, and I feel cheated, as do so many others. They need to remember that there are IRL people that play this game for relaxation from school, work, what have you, that they once again just royally peeved off this week. We aren't just toons running around a make believe onion with big heads and bigger weapons, we're real people that this stuff affects.

You keep doing what you do to help, and I guarantee you I will continue to do the same. Peace.
                  Last edited by StormYoda; 06-27-2014, 11:05 PM. Reason: b/c I forget how to spell sometimes xD

Comment

lol eventually tokens will just end up being the expensive exchanges, wont be surprised if they remove SS and g.mut.
                    What are bugs?

Comment

all this complaining...... i vote for no future events until you people learn to appreciate that r2 does NOT have to have ANY events.

i for one like any and all events, that means free stuff, i like free stuff, thats akin to opening your fridge and finding a pound of bacon you didnt know you have thats still good to eat!!!
                      (S39)Schrodinger, Eidolon, Knight
                      server: Erie Marsh

"Save a life, grope your wife" Breast Cancer awareness
                      "Stupid people are like slinkies, they are good for nothing but will bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs."

Comment

Originally posted by tbtppopone View Post
                        all this complaining...... i vote for no future events until you people learn to appreciate that r2 does NOT have to have ANY events.

i for one like any and all events, that means free stuff, i like free stuff, thats akin to opening your fridge and finding a pound of bacon you didnt know you have thats still good to eat!!!
                        I'd be fine with this because then I have nothing to look forward to, instead of hoping for something good.
                        What are bugs?

Comment

...not if the bacon is rotten, made from fake pork, THEN frozen in time, and freezer burned, lol.

Comment

It has been a while since i seen so many complaints.I give props for the last event. I also give props for the quartermaster exchange. In a good stand point, with so many mosquitoes runnin around, if i was GM i would change rewards too. Invasion is meant for a mass soul shard gain. For those that are upset, i completely understand. As posted before, at least u can save those tokens for when they reset the rewards. The one thing we all need to learn, and one of the greatest skill to learn, is patience. Good luck and happy gaming.

Comment

can anyone show me an image of crimson werewolf ?

Comment

Originally posted by chasx_x View Post
                                can anyone show me an image of crimson werewolf ?
                                Here you go, sport: http://forum.r2games.com/attachment....chmentid=26599.

Comment

Working...
                                X