Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Guide] Avernal Realm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow thank u GM this is awesome
    Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
    [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Give more enemies.. the only way atm to be at the top on damage is to sit on the boss and attack it till it dies, snoozefest afk mode

Comment

Nice event
        (S12)EMOztah10th
        Server: Celestial Peaks
        Level: 90+(Eidolon)
        Guild: StyxRiders

Comment

is it perma?

Comment

Ok, I know this is separated into level tiers, but if you're (in my case) say level 52 mortal and there's a bunch of scions in Avernal, you have a very slim chance of dealing enough damage to get into 30th place, let alone any higher place. So, I know it's beneficial for higher level/scions and gives a player more incentive to get stronger, but if it wasn't for Warrior's Pack I don't see the point in sitting AFK for nothing. Once the Warrior's Call event is over, it's not even worth it for me or other lower lvl mortals.

Comment

im lvl 65 mortal priest and was 10th yesterday so 11-30 place is easy to get
              IGN: (S2)Walu
              Guild: CrescentMoon
              Class: Priest
              Server: Himeng Valley

Comment

Then you're lucky. I was one of the 1st people in Avernal and b4 i could hit the 1st mob, 10 different people had over 100k damage dealt within about 30 seconds. then it just spiraled out of control once the other players entered. If this is a permanent event, then yeah, it might be beneficial for me once i reach your level, but for now the only thing i get out of it is Warrior's Pack, until that event ends at least.

Comment

Originally posted by hime899 View Post
                  is it perma?
                  Well considering this event is listed under the same category as other events such as Bath, Redemption, Training and Seed of Life. Yes it should be permanent as there is no evidence pointing otherwise and no end date was given in the original post.
                  Helpful Links

Something wrong or suspicious when talking to a Game Master/Moderator? Check here for the current .

If you want a guide or a reference (stats) just pm me and I will be happy to make on for you.
                  Taking a bit of a break as well, kinda sick at the moment.

Moderators Be Thou for the People.
                  -Kind Regards V
                  -What's left in the end...is not always what you wish for!

Comment

Originally posted by walu90 View Post
                    hope so it was mistake...

anyway rewards like 2 health orb or 2 mana orbs? maybe improve ammount of them to 4 or 5

thx
                    Avernal pack IV contains 5 ITEMS, not 4

Comment

ethereal wings, but no gmuts, cmon guts
                      IGN: (S44)StrawHatLeon
                      Server: [S44]Psychodelica
                      Class: Knight
                      Level: 50+ scion
                      Guild: Exile - Position: Major

Comment

Im not gonna lie event is pretty fun
                        Server:Eternal Sanctum
                        IGN: (s57)Sin
                        Guild: Brigade Officer
                        Lv:98+ Scion
                        SOUL:1652/3000(5/14/2013)

Feed me virgins!

Comment

Originally posted by Elantra View Post
                          Give more enemies.. the only way atm to be at the top on damage is to sit on the boss and attack it till it dies, snoozefest afk mode
                          im a priest so i need to kill mobs to double my damage cause of aoe spells rouges are better suited for attacking the boss but yea just depends on ur class what u should do in there i got first place and beat a rouge who does much more dps than me because of aoe damage
                          Server:Eternal Sanctum
                          IGN: (s57)Sin
                          Guild: Brigade Officer
                          Lv:98+ Scion
                          SOUL:1652/3000(5/14/2013)

Feed me virgins!

Comment

This avernal is still unfair for most priests in all cases, especially with the soul shards.

I'm fine with all the other items from the avernal packs, even if the event itself is not priest-friendly. However, having soul shards in the pack is just too unfair. We all know that soul shards are untradable, and normally are limited daily by the daily trades and ladder. With all the previous soul shards event, I could see that you were doing a good job, because given the same equipment tier, people will have the same chance of obtaining those soul shards (soul packs from ladder event for example). But for this event, given equal tier of equipment, a priest can't beat any other class in term of DPS, except may be pure tank knights, but it is also not true for older servers with slayer around too (knights can get to 10k patk as pure tanks here).

Some of you might say that "but priests have higher survivability, so that's your advantage in this event". Well, as a lvl 98 priest playing on S7 (merged with S4 and S5), I will say that, no one in my server in the lvl 80-100 range ever died to the boss, simply because as people reach lvl 80+, most of them will have a high-enough def from slayer to tank the boss, and the person who manages to hold aggro is either a good rogue with high dodge, or a good knight with high damage reduction, so that means we priests have completely no advantage in this event. If a priest holds aggro and has to heal him/herself to stay alive, then it means we are lowering our DPS for survivability too. Either way it's a lose-lose for priests.

Due to the above reasons, I would suggest having soul shards removed from the avernal pack for balancing purpose, or at least make them tradable. Gold badge is a little bit unfair as well, but it does not create as much unbalance between classes as soul shards can do, so I guess leaving it there will not make a much difference.

For those who don't get the whole picture, let me give you my own example: given the same soul completion level and equipment/pet tier (full slayer with +11 orange weapon, gen 1 BA/DK), my rogue friend was able to get the avernal pack IV within 3 days, while i only managed to get 105 points after 3 days of the event. That means every 3 days, a good rogue can have an extra 5-10 soul shards compared to a priest of the same tier, depends on their luck with the pack. That, in the long run, can create quite a big gap between DPS classes and holy priests.

Another example: given these 2 toons, both unbuffed
                            - Rogue: 13k patk, 48% crit
                            - Holy priest: 20k matk, 19k heal, 46% crit
                            With the rogue having lower soul completion compared to the priest (rogue with only 1st soul aura, priest has 2nd soul aura)
                            And during last avernal, the priest only managed to do around 2/3 of the DPS of rogue in the end. Does this ring any bell?

In reply to singilbert above, no, doing aoe damage on smaller mobs doesn't help much, because in older servers like mine, people can 1-2 shot those mobs, and they take a bit of time to respawn, so attacking bosses constantly gives more DPS in the end, therefore it is still unfair for priests. And if it is true that killing smaller mobs give better DPS, then rogues, knights and mages all have better AoE skills than priests (we only have curses with low DoT, and bloodpact with long cooldown). Thus finally, it is still unfair for priests.

Hope my opinion above is taken for further considerations.
                            Last edited by R21892248; 06-24-2012, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Botolminum View Post
                              Avernal pack IV contains 5 ITEMS, not 4

ahh u right. Sory for this
                              IGN: (S2)Walu
                              Guild: CrescentMoon
                              Class: Priest
                              Server: Himeng Valley

Comment

Is it proper etiquette to just join in someone's room? My characters can't really handle taking on a room alone. Somebody was screaming at some guy about attacking their monsters, so assumed it was during Avernal.

Comment

Working...
                                X