Scammed for 5-6P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammed for 5-6P

I was scammed for about 5-6 platinum, this guy over skype told me that if I gave him enough Ethereal Wings for his Angel Lord wings, he would pay me back in less than 48 hours, with Heroic Wings. I do have screenshot proof, and skype video (with convo recording), but I need time to search through my harddrive to find it.
    (S2)FTWBEASTMODE
    (S2)CRUCIFYME
    (S2)FuAll
    (S2)LOBO
    (S2)MIDNIGHTMOON
    Those are all his higher level characters, that I know of.
    If he chooses to resolve this before you take action, I'll be sure to post on here. Or if you take action before he decides to change his mind. Thanks R2, greatly appreciated.

(S1)WiiNGz
    Scion Rogue

:/
    why did you even loan the stuff to him to begin with
    Like anyone truly cares

Comment

Originally posted by Luigi1998 View Post
      :/
      why did you even loan the stuff to him to begin with
      yeah i agree :P

Comment

because I thought he was trustworthy.

Comment

Unfortunately, I doubt there is anything that can be done. There was no reason to do a one-sided trade as both items can be placed in the trade window. You should have told him to wait until he had the heroic wings. Essentially, you did agree to give him ewings for nothing in return when you pressed the confirm button, regardless of the promise to pay later. Add to that, a skype convo isn't really proof of anything as there is no real way for staff to know it was the actual person you traded who made the agreement.

Sometimes even people who seem trustworthy aren't really, sad as it is that people feel the need to scam other people for pixels.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Oh, so if I spent xtals on it with USD, and bought the EWs with my money, it wouldn't be ok to file for a lawsuit, correct?
            Even though I have proof of screenshots, video recording and all. Cute. So just because it doesn't involve IRL money, nothing will happen. There will always be scammers, and people are always gonna be mad when they get scammed, and when they see you don't do anything in return, they'll quit. That's how a game falls apart. Good fight R2.

From an ex-MMO creator.

Comment

LOL he is stupid to do that..u should make one urself rather trusting ur items w/ som1 else..

Comment

I still think its pretty messed up that you cant take care of scammers i mean veasun spent real money on ur game is it that he doesnt spend enough or is it that the more ppl who scam the more money you get off the people tryin to make their money back by sellin cash shop items in private shop ?

And if you want to keep your players playing the game you should take care of the scammers i mean honestly it gets annoying constantly getting scammed and the ggold scammers in world chat are getting on my nerves too it would be great if you could fix that as well thanks and have a nice day >.>

Nothing to say exactly im right
                Last edited by MemoryLane; 10-12-2012, 10:35 PM. Reason: merged posts
                IGN:jesuscrist
                Server: Auora Point
                Level:70+
                Class:Knight
                Guild:Genesis
                Mount:Gryphon
                Wings:Angel lords <3
                Plane: Eidolon
                Pets: Demon King, Firelord,Bone Dragon,Baby Angel x2,Baby Demon
                PROUD TO BE A CASHER

Comment

Originally posted by Veasun View Post
                  Oh, so if I spent xtals on it with USD, and bought the EWs with my money, it wouldn't be ok to file for a lawsuit, correct?
                  Even though I have proof of screenshots, video recording and all. Cute. So just because it doesn't involve IRL money, nothing will happen. There will always be scammers, and people are always gonna be mad when they get scammed, and when they see you don't do anything in return, they'll quit. That's how a game falls apart. Good fight R2.

From an ex-MMO creator.
                  Money doesn't matter here. It was a trade for items that can all be placed in the trade window, not items that can only be gifted through the item shop. What does matter is that you traded an item in the secure trade window. You clicked confirm on the trade. You did all this without receiving any items in return.

The most you can do is file a ticket, including screenshots for proof, and ask if something can be done.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Wow you really need to fix your system from what im looking at R2 just wants him to spend money to make his money back and not help just saying your a moderator pretty much part of R2 system you should be able to do at least a little something its not my fight to fight but still doesnt seem right
                    PROUD TO BE A CASHER

Comment

Originally posted by aliquam746 View Post
                      your a moderator pretty much part of R2 system you should be able to do at least a little something
                      Forum Moderators (shiny blue name, moderator title) are regular players who have been asked by R2 to volunteer to help out on the forums. We don't have access to anything ingame, just the forums. We are not employees of R2games and are technically not a part of R2games.

We are allowed to comment as any other player is able to, which I did. Secure trade system is there for a reason, so why blame R2 for a player's failure to use it properly? If any assistance can be offered, it will have to be done by a GM (black name, game master title), who are employees and do have access to such things, and through the ticket system, where they can look into logs and look at evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                        There was no reason to do a one-sided trade as both items can be placed in the trade window. You should have told him to wait until he had the heroic wings. Essentially, you did agree to give him ewings for nothing in return when you pressed the confirm button, regardless of the promise to pay later.
                        Any beginner knows this... His fault and his loss. Cased Closed!

Comment

<--- Fuall guess what wiingz KoS
                          PROUD TO BE A CASHER

Comment

Working...
                          X