[Guide] How to cancel a paypal VIP subscription without using tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] How to cancel a paypal VIP subscription without using tickets

This is a guide on canceling a VIP subscription on Paypal without having to file a ticket.

Of course, you really should use tickets, but some people have issues with those so this is more of an alternative.. Or a quick way for people that are never getting VIP again

You see, when you make a subscription on paypal, it makes a "Billing agreement". It's not your standard paypal recurring billing agreement, but it still works the same in that Playspan (R2's money handler) cannot keep charging you if you disable the agreement.
    So let's get to it:

Step 1: Log into your paypal account
    Step 2: In the menus, click on "My Money"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	paypalguide1.png
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1733226

Step 3: In the section for "My preapproved payments", click update. This will take you to your billing agreements page.

Name:	paypalguide2.png
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1733227

Step 4: You have to locate the VIP billing agreement.
    If you only have one VIP, this is easy: just locate "Playspan".
    If you have multiple VIP, it can be a little hard. They'll all be called playspan and the paypal transaction ID's won't help you. Hopefully you bought all your VIPs on different days as that makes it so much easier. Just open all the "Playspan" agreements in a new tab and look at the starting date to figure out which VIP is the one you wish to cancel.

Name:	paypalguide3.png
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1733228

Step 5:Once you've located your VIP agreement, click "Cancel". Congratulations, your VIP will not auto renew anymore.
    Note: Once you've canceled the agreement, it cannot be reinstated. You'll have to repurchase VIP to get a new billing agreement using another payment method first (like buying UGC with paypal). Then, you can use paypal directly again for the following month.

Name:	paypalguide4.png
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1733229

Possible questions you may have:
    1 - If I cancel an agreement, and I have multiple VIP, will they all stop being renewed?
    No. It'll only cancel that one agreement.

2 - Does this really work?
    Yes, as you can see I once had 3 billing agreements and I now only have 1 that is still active. I'm happy to say I only get charged for one VIP each month without ever relying on filing a ticket

3 - If I buy crystals, will it renew the agreement?
    Nope.

4 - Will this work for Wartunes VIP?
    I haven't tried, but it should still work. They can't bill you without an agreement.
    Last edited by (S14)Squintina; 10-27-2012, 10:22 AM.
    (S14)Squintina
    LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
    LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Nice guide. Still, need feedback in this thread for those who have tested it.

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Mark View Post
      Nice guide. Still, need feedback in this thread for those who have tested it.
      I doubt there are many other people who tested this...Most people don't know they can cancel a subscription directly on paypal. I only know this because I used to own a bunch of websites and this was the easiest way to cancel domain name renewal agreements that I got through domain providers for which I couldn't remember how to log in.

But paypal doesn't let companies keep charging without an active billing agreement, so this should always work..

And I personally tested it twice :O
      (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
      LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Really appreciate your testimony. It is a nice way to cancel subscription, making sure it is cancelled and as back up then. Also, if filing a ticket is not that time consuming or incontivenient for you then you may still request there.

Comment

I haven't tested this method for CS because I don't plan on canceling my VIPs any time soon, but this is the way I have cancelled subscriptions on other sites before (it was actually the only way to do it, posted on the site itself), so it should work.
          IGN: Sigrun
          Server: Windshear Peaks
          [Eidolon]lvl 120 Hybrid Mage
          [Eidolon]lvl 120 Hybrid Priest alt: Saeunn
          Proud owner of an [Eidolon]lvl 120 husband, parallel parked outside

Wartune Temple of Ibalize
          Sigrun
          Mage lvl 38

Comment

This method works by the way. I've used it a lot of times from VIP'ing my friends then i had to cancel it since it would charge me again the following month if I didn't. Problem is, once I cancelled the VIP for one of the accounts, if by any chance, I want to VIP them again, I cannot use paypal anymore. I tried contacting support for this problem but sadly I didn't get any proper advice/solution on what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by mokona22 View Post
              This method works by the way. I've used it a lot of times from VIP'ing my friends then i had to cancel it since it would charge me again the following month if I didn't. Problem is, once I cancelled the VIP for one of the accounts, if by any chance, I want to VIP them again, I cannot use paypal anymore. I tried contacting support for this problem but sadly I didn't get any proper advice/solution on what to do.
              Use paypal to buy a UGC card for one month VIP. Then the next time, you'll be able to use paypal directly again.
              (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
              LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Working...
              X