Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor Penetration?

Hello,

I'm having a hard time finding a clean cut answer to : does armor penetration apply in PvE?

Some stats or proof would help understanding answers.

Thanks in advance

Armor Penetration comes into play during PvP only.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverie View Post
      Armor Penetration comes into play during PvP only.
      According to discussion on this thread below, they have opposite answer. Can i got a clear answer?

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....or+penetration

Because i think its neccessary

Comment

Originally posted by dadanbecak2 View Post
        According to discussion on this thread below, they have opposite answer. Can i got a clear answer?

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....or+penetration

Because i think its neccessary
        That thread is from Blade Hunter, not Crystal Saga.

Comment

ap affects pve mobs and so on, not sure where your getting your information from but if you say ap which ignores 50% of one's defense doesn't work on mobs, then explain why priest curse *ring of decay* which reduces defense, allows priest to do more dmg on that specific mob affected with that curse.
          both of these affects def points, which concludes that mobs do infact have def, so ap affects the amount of dmg you do on to them ....

Comment

Originally posted by tree09 View Post
            ap affects pve mobs and so on, not sure where your getting your information from but if you say ap which ignores 50% of one's defense doesn't work on mobs, then explain why priest curse *ring of decay* which reduces defense, allows priest to do more dmg on that specific mob affected with that curse.
            both of these affects def points, which concludes that mobs do infact have def, so ap affects the amount of dmg you do on to them ....
            i am a priest and i can ask u where you get ur information from lol... pve don't have def
            'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

if your a priest, why don't you go actually use your skills and find out

Comment

with 35% defense reduction from blade twist, i only calculated 2k more dmg >.>
                not a lot, but it does prove that mobs have def.
                Server: (S73)Green Plains
                IGN: (S73)Aura
                Level: 180 eido
                Class: Rogue
                Guild: 憎悪 (Hatred)

"You can read, but knowledge is only information.
                Wisdom is translating that knowledge to application."

K - Rino

Comment

2k more dmg? lol that means nothing

i have tried which is how ik it doesn't work
                  'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Think it depends if the skill has a range too. Some skills do the same dmg regardless, however other skills have a range so it's kinda hard to test it.

But in response I would say no except for magic tower 20+. That was probably the only place I recall that getting more ap and using def reducing curses actually had any effect.

Comment

We need screen shots of these.
                      Originally posted by Dr.Q
                      Hm... best Tenet level, or home mortgage payment... what to do, what to do...

Comment

I can. give me a few. Ap might be hard because I don't have much ap items beside gloves. but I can for the def curse more or less.

Edit: think it's interesting. Went to Underdark nightmare to try it with the mobs. with 370k attack, using -5% def on mobs does about 40-50 more damage overall per auto attack. However with 512k attack the curses doesn't help me at all (but sunder does.)

double edit. idk anymore xD. Messed up on one of my test and don't want to use a magic key just to try again xD. but in term of curses, in the end, think it's a dmg threshold in which it would help.

Also can't help with ap since gem and not enough room in inventory. so can ignore this altogether sorry. But think ap might help to a point til the defense is negligible then it doesn't help. Not sure if that helps any sorry.
                        Last edited by reinviting; 08-01-2016, 03:45 PM.

Comment

most monsters either have no DEF or an ungodlly ammount (EJ the bear in chambers) ...so it's not like AP does anything hehe...

Edit: Oh yea and if you're interested it's about 2 AP per 1% chance...based on the mage skill Magic penantration anyway ;p
                          IGN: (CS1) (S80)Tannlaus LV178 Eidolon Rogue
                          Prom I wings... so expensive... especially if you keep forgettin corrupt :D
                          Kamikaze Member
                          Somany systems...so little time...
                          If you wanna know why I went with a Rogue well... Stealth is good for lurking in chat while still runnin through SG :cool:

Comment

looks at thread -> sees that it´s two years old
                            Time to "revive" this thing.
                            Since people didn´t post any screenshots of them testing this but simply wrote down what they tested I´ll try to add to this.
                            What I did was trying to find the strongest boss in the game that I can reset on demand and that´s not running after me all the time after enraging him once. I found out that this does work with one of the mobs on ladder floor 110 but testing it there was kind of troublesome as I´ve recently have had problems with my internet connection and I wasn´t willing to miss out on the ladder rewards. So my next best option was corruption floor 16 (which is stronger anyway), missing one pack in there wasn´t really that bad and the boss is way easier to reset as a Knight. I basically took the weakest pet I´ve got (a morphed bear cub) and let it hit the boss in two scenarios (the pet has 41 attack) while I had Angelic Blessing active (so the pet wouldn´t just die).
                            1.) No debuffs on the boss. This resulted in 1 damage.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	def 1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	141.4 KB ID:	1991646
                            2.) Using both "Charge" and "Charge II" resulting in a deff debuff of 105%. The bear cub then dealt 41 damage.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	def 2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	110.9 KB ID:	1991647

PS: All I did was basically testing like the others above and we still can´t really tell how much DEF mobs actually do have, I just wanted to add screenshots in case anybody actually stumbles upon this.

Edit: I´m not entire sure if this is allowed in a post, but does anybody know what happened to "reinviting" ? I noticed that he was rather active until he was just and simply gone about 4 months ago (I´m just speaking about forum activity and not ingame activity).
                            Last edited by R2109499284; 08-28-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X