[Guide] Selling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] Selling

What do you do with the equipment and items you don’t need? What if you just want to make some money? I will cover the three main methods to sell: by Starglade shops, world/trade chat, or to NPCs. Also included is how to link items, your location, and how to trade.

1. Starglade Shops

Once your character reaches level 30, it will be able to open a shop in Starglade. Click 'My Shop' at the bottom right of your inventory. Then you can drag items you want to sell into your shop and set prices for them. After doing so, click 'Open Shop' at the bottom of the shop panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	store.png
Views:	1
Size:	834.6 KB
ID:	1731807

After that all you have to do is wait for people to come over and buy your items! If no one is buying them try lowering your prices or for equips maybe it isn’t good enough quality (purple outstanding equipment is best). When you feel like closing your shop all you have to do is click 'Close Shop' at the bottom of the panel.

2. World/Trade Chat

This method is for those who have other things to do other than to sit in Starglade and wait. By selling your items over world or trade chat you list all your items for sale over the chat and ask people who are interested to whisper you. You then settle for somewhere to meet and trade.

Linking your items in chat

To link an item in chat have the chat box and your inventory box open. Then hold down CTRL (for Windows) or Command (for Mac) and then click on the item. The link should appear in the message box. The colour of the link text will also correspond to the colour of the border of the item. In this case the text 'Ancient Coin' appear white because they have no border in the inventory.

Name:	Store2-1.png
Size:	971.2 KB
ID:	1731842

Linking your location in chat

Linking your location is also very easy. Have your chat box open, and click on the coordinates in the bottom left corner of the mini map at the top right of the page. Voila, your coordinates should appear in the message box.

Name:	store3.png
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1731808

Trading

To trade with a person, click on their character. Their avatar should appear at the top center of the page. Click it, and one of the many options to choose from will be 'Trade'. If they accept your trade request, drag your items and confirm the trade. Once both players have confirmed the trade will be complete.

Name:	store4.png
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1731809

3. NPCs

If no one is buying your items and you would still like to receive the unit price then there is one last solution. Sell them to NPCs (Non Player Characters). You can find these in all the towns and are probably familiar with them (the Potions Vendor, the Armor Vendor, etc.) You can usually sell to those that you can buy items from.

Once you find one, click on 'Trade', and then find the button 'Sell' at the bottom right corner of the shop panel. Then you are feel to sell whatever you like in your inventory. Some exceptions are things like Savage Amor sets, things that cannot be sold. Do not get too carried away though, and sell something you need by accident! You cannot get what you sold back!

Name:	store5.png
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1731810

More Tips

* I highly suggest you to open a store because not everyone is going to see your messages in the chat.

* If you don't have time, it would be smart to make an alternate account, level it up to 30, and trade your items over to it, open a shop with it, and let time do the job.

* You can use method 1 and 2 together. If you have a shop open and would like to advertise it, linking the items for sale and then the shop location in world/trade chat may gain you more customers. Try not to spam though, people don't like that!

* If you are selling to NPCs in Starglade I recommend Natalia the Armor Vendor because she is just a few steps away from the Starglade spawn point.

- - -

Thank you guys for reading this. This is my first guide, and I'd love to hear your thoughts and tips for the future. Leave a comment below! ^-^
    Last edited by Fairyazuri; 06-25-2012, 11:03 PM.
    Server: Cimmerian Woodlands
    IGN: Elysia
    Class: Priest
    Level: 69
    Plane: Scion
    Guild: CrimsonSword

Not Bad at all!!!
    â™* Jeward Cruz â™*
    â™* Republic of the Philippines â™*

â™* National Bureau of Investigation Cyber-Crime Division â™*

â™* Internet Security Agent/Investigator â™*
    ♦ R2games Hardcore Gamer ♦

Crystal Saga Guides and Informations:

Comment

Nice guide. But when nobody is. Buying ur stuff, (wich is normal to me xd) , try telling it to guildies or friends

Game :Wartune
      IGN: Palpablesage
      Class: Mage
      Level: 19
      Game: Wartune
      IGN: MrNemesis
      Level:18+

Comment

good for newbies..

Comment

Really good for new players...Well Done..
          Server-(S44)Psychodelica
          IGN-(S44)Shnieder
          Class-Rogue

Currently I am Scion

Comment

Working...
          X