OtherWorld Questions and answers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OtherWorld Questions and answers

Not really an official guide. I'm going to list possible questions people may have. At the end, I'll posting questions I'm not sure about if anyone wants to chime in.

First and foremost, a few warnings with the system.
    1) It defaults to the crystal option. So before you upgrade a gem, make sure you click the gold option(once a day.)
    2) You can use Legend Puncher(infinite?) to open a socket for banner, wings, Sperion. however, you can't imbue any of the stones into them

Now onto the questions:
    1) What is Otherworld?
    Otherworld is a new system added on 12/10/2015. it also added three new stats that we will discuss later.

2) How do you enter Otherworld?
    You would need an Otherworld Key that drops in the final boss of 75+ dungeons or can buy from the store for 180 crystal.
    Note: For Psycho, karleya(mage) is the one that counts as the 'final' boss.

After you get the key, go to starglade(sg). In Sg, near Cragstone teleport, there is a npc; "Otherworld Guard." Talk to them to enter underworld(choosing a difficulty)
    Note: cost 1 key per try.
    2nd note: if you dc you end up in sg.

3) What do you have to do in Otherworld?
    After you pick a difficulty, you would end up on a map and receive a 4s debuff so the map can load. After that, 24 monsters will be spawned and have to be killed. Once that is done, talk to the Otherworld npc(inside the map) to summon the boss. kill the boss and receive either a LOT(def), LOA(attack), or LOH(health) gem.

Note: Since the gem's names are close together. I'll use defense, attack, health gem instead.

4) How many difficulties are there?
    There are 20 difficulties. To unlock 6-10, you have to finish 1-5 for. After 6-10 you'll unlock 11-15. After 11-15, 16-20 will be unlocked.

5) Does the difficulty reset daily?
    It does not.

6) How strong are the monsters/boss in Otherworld?
    I'll post roughly the stats of each mob and boss. Also what debuffs, and buffs you have to worry about for the boss after this post.

7) How many gems can you get in a single run?
    It depends on the level. Level 5 will drop 5 gems. level 10 will drop 10 gems. 20 will drop 20 gems.
    Note: All level 1. Not sure if any higher ones can drop.

8) I acquired a gem, what do I do with it?
    Open up your character window and you would notice a new icon above wunderkind; Legend Gem.
    When you click that icon go to the embed tab, and place an equipment of your choice. Underneath it will tell you what gems can be socketed to it (I'll add a quick summary at the end.) Click on the box and it would ask for one Legend Puncher(store only atm.) After you use it, you can place the gem corresponding to the gear.

Helm/Necklace : Can socket the health gem
    Top, boots, offhand: Can socket the Defense Gem
    Weapon, gloves, ring: Can socket the Attack Gem

Note: Cost 10g to take a gem out.

9) Does the gems work in divine?
    Unfortunately, it does not.

10) So my gem is level 1, how do I upgrade it?
    Open up the Legend Gem Tab. This time, place the gem of your choice in the top left hand box. Underneath you'll notice it will say chance of success: 0%.
    To increase it, you have to place other gems into the boxes on the right. After you do that, click on upgrade to see if your gem upgrades. The chance of success depends on the level and quantity of the gems.9explain more in the next question.)

Note: you get 1 gold try a day(10g). I think crystal is unlimited. Cost is 60 crystal per try.

11) What are the success chance for the gem?
    It takes 10 level 1 gems to make a level 1 gem-> a level 2 gem with a 100% chance
    It takes 2 level 2 gems to make a level 1 gem -> a level 2 gem with a 100% chance

It takes 10 level 1 gems to have a 30% chance for a level 2 gem -> a level 3 gem.
    It takes 8 level 2 gems to have a 100% chance for a level 2 gem -> a level 3 gem.

That's what I know so far.

Note: The main gem trying to upgrade should stay for a few players they have verified this/also few players have said main gem has been lost, staff will be looking into if that's correct functioning

11) What is the max level of the gem?
    The max level is supposedly 10 (via codelink.) Not 100% sure if that's the true limit.

12) So after I socket a gem, how are the stats decided?
    Not sure the threshold value for all of them. However, for the defense gem, 40 LOT(def) = 1.17% dmg reduct. 80 LOT(def) = 2.13% dmg reduct.

13) How is LOT(def) calculated?[the other two I'm not sure about. I'll put that at the end for unanswered questions I have]
    From what I seen, it seems that at the end of the damage calculation step, LOT is taken into affect as another dmg reduct. It doesn't add to the current dmg reduct.

For example, if let say someone hit you with 200k normal dmg with 500% crit dmg and you have 75% dmg reduct. 200k x 5.00(500%) -> 1 mill dmg. The dmg reduct will lower it to 250k dmg. Let say you have 2% LOT. Then, 250k * 0.02(2%) = 5000. Thus the final damage taken would be 245k.

Questions I'm not sure about:

1) How does LOA(Attack) work?

2) How does LOH(Health) Work?

3) Only level 1 gems drop?

4) How many Level 1 gems does one need to make a level 10 gem?

5) Would I lose my socket if I upgrade my frag?

Any Answered questions can go to the top. Any unanswered will be on the bottom.
    Last edited by reinviting; 12-11-2015, 10:51 AM.

Here are roughly what the mobs can do. This is accounting for 539k pdef(59% pdmg reduct) And 630,000 mdef(69% dmg reduct.) Only done it once so not sure if it's the same boss each time.
    Note: Weak = 1 dmg so not accurate

Level 1:

Weak mobs. No debuff. About 1.5 mill hp
    Weak boss. Has 2 hp debuffs. Has about 60 mill hp
    Boss Skills: Shattered Ax(Reduces Phy Def 56 for 10 seconds), Bonecrushing attack (Reduces movement speed 35% for 5 seconds)

level 2:
    Weak mobs. About 2 mill hp

Weak boss: About 100 mill hp. it has this one attack that attacks 5-6 times back to back. The limit was 45k when it hit me. Might be more to others.
    Boss Skills: Slow VIII (Slows 65%), Female destruction (Males lose 2% health per second, Females lose 4% per second for 10 seconds), Has a knockback skill

level 3

weak mob. About 3 mill hp.

Boss: About 120 mill hp. Did about 39k dmg. Has a buff for 300% attack speed for 5s. Slow debuff for about -40% movement speed. 39k.
    Boss skills: Root IX (can't move but can use items and skills for 5 sec)*might only happen once when start fight*, Doomsday decision - restore 10% hp every second and 1%everytime attacked-lasts like 2 sec,

Level 4:

weak mobs
    4 mill hp

Boss: Not sure the health here. Does about 100k-170k
    Slow attack speed.
    Boss Skills: Deer wrath: Reduces HP 5% every second for 10 seconds, Deer Daze (Full stun unable to use items or skills etc for 5 seconds), Doomsday decision,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	spirit trial.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1722073<-works weird but that's description.

level 5

Weak mobs. about 5 mill hp

Boss: about 200 mill hp. Was doing 250-360k dmg. Didn't notice a debuff.

level 6:
    Weak mobs: about 5 mill hp I think.
    Has pushback

boss: Not sure the hp. Damage: 250-350k.
    Frozen debuff: Can't attack or be attacked but can still get status illments. Once it wears off it passes to the next user. (dungeon is solo so not sure why this is here.)

level 7:
    mobs weak. about 7 mill

Boss: About 460 mill hp. 2 debuffs; -50% attack and a stun.

level 8:
    Weak mobs: ~ 8 mill hp

boss: About 500 mill hp. About 1 mill dmg. It has a slow attack rate. Debuffs: frozen, slow.

level 9:
    Mobs: 10 mill hp
    60k dmg

Boss: about 500 mill hp. 700-800k dmg. 1-1.4 mill crit. Slow debuff.

level 10:
    Mobs: 60-80k Damage. 10 mill hp

Boss: 640 mill hp. 1.2 mill attack; 2 mill crit. slow attack speed. has a buff to increase attack speed but decrease attack

level 11:

Mobs: 44k damage . about 10 mill hp

boss:

640 mill hp. 1 mill dmg. Debuff: slow.

level 12:

Mobs: 80k-145k damage. 12 mill hp

boss: 1.4 mill-2 mill(crit) Forgot to check hp.

level 13:
    mobs: 290k dmg. 13 mill hp

boss: 9 mill damage. 18 mill special(like ebs meteor.) [I wish I was joking xD]
    820 mill hp

level 14:
    Mobs: 100k damage. About 14 mill hp.

boss:
    1.8 mill-3 mill
    hp: 880 mill

level 15:
    mob: ~ 200k damage ~ 14-15 mill hp.

boss: 7-8 mill damage. speedy(high attack speed). 940 mill hp

level 16:

mobs:
    16 mill hp. 270-300k damage

boss: 1 bill hp. 2.3 mill dmg. not sure crit. Debuffs: hp debuff(15% after 7s)

Level 17:

Mob: 290k damage. 17 mill hp

Boss:
    1.06 bill hp. 2-5 mill damage. Buff: beserk fiend: less attack but faster attack rate.

Level 18:

Mobs: 170k-250k attack ~18 mill hp

Boss:
    1.12 bill hp. 2-4 mill attack. debuff: lose 1260 hp after 12s(yup, just 1260 xD)

level 19:
    Mobs: 250-300k attack. ~19 mill hp

boss: 1.18 bill hp. 2.5-4 mill damage. Debuffs: silence for 4s.

level 20:
    mobs: 200-300k hp: 20 mill

Boss: 1.24 bill hp. 2.4-4.8 mill dmg. high attack speed

That's all I got so far. That's assuming it's the same boss each time(hopefully xD)
    Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 12-10-2015, 06:58 PM.

Comment

hearing from players that there is potential for the main gem to be lost as well trying to upgrade. going to edit out that part of guide for now until can figure out if it's always supposed to stay or if there is a bug, or if that is normal for them all to have chance losing.
      ~thread moved to guides section
      Appreciate helping community making the guide!

Comment

Ah alright. I thought that only the gems used to upgrade it was lost. Not the main gem thank you.
        No problem =].

Comment

Originally posted by reinviting View Post
          Ah alright. I thought that only the gems used to upgrade it was lost. Not the main gem thank you.
          No problem =].

just got some and tried it, it didn't lose the main gem when failed but it did lose the ones using to upgrade it. will keep trying if I can to see if it does by chance lose some-haven't got many gems after few runs to enter it lol. so mainly correct it shouldn't lose the gem, will edit that part back

Failed 6 x on a level 1/2 upgrade and haven't lost the main gem yet

seems to have decent chance to upgrade to level 2 even with only one level one used but upgrading a level two with just one level 1 seems to fail a lot

the maps and bosses seem like they change as well sometimes.
          Level 1 bosses: Blue Dragon, Skeleton Warrior
          Level 3: Great Phoenix, Barbarian
          each has different skills
          Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 12-10-2015, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco View Post

just got some and tried it, it didn't lose the main gem when failed but it did lose the ones using to upgrade it. will keep trying if I can to see if it does by chance lose some-haven't got many gems after few runs to enter it lol. so mainly correct it shouldn't lose the gem, will edit that part back

Failed 6 x on a level 1/2 upgrade and haven't lost the main gem yet

seems to have decent chance to upgrade to level 2 even with only one level one used but upgrading a level two with just one level 1 seems to fail a lot

Gems kind easy to farm and on large volumes , the dissapointing part lies on the upgrade only 1 10g upgrade and 60 per xtal unlimited kinda pricey! Especially since charm-xtal exchange got limited!

Comment

kinda have a big problem having legends gems& stuff ..its taking lots spaces and its only day 1. Any Mod care to tell devs we cant put any legend gems in vault and we need more inventory space (page) for it? please do,thanks in advance.

Comment

We have a vault for items, we have a vault for equipment. I feel a gem vault coming up, with expanders for those only obtainable with xtals.

Comment

if i were to socket a gem into a divine soul equipment piece will i get the full gem bonus or only the % based on the divine soul or will i get none at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Goobadude View Post
                    if i were to socket a gem into a divine soul equipment piece will i get the full gem bonus or only the % based on the divine soul or will i get none at all?
                    Unfortunately it doesn't add any stats. Added the question to number 9 thank you =].

[trying to keep the general questions together so easier to find.]

Comment

does a socket stay on frags when they are upgraded? or we should aim for the last upgrade only?

Comment

no u loose the socket when u upgrade frags n gear

Comment

So what if i cashed crystals to socket a seal ,, but no gem can be embed in it ! !! .. what is now ? R2 didn't notify us about that ,, R2 said any Equipment.... (so simply we lost 350 crystals for those bugged pouches?)
                          on dec. 11 , i have socket my seals. But no gems can be fit in.. i took screen shots with time stamp and the error showing up .. and opened ticket . but u know ... the response comes from someone who have no clue about the game or the event!
                          after 2 days i made another ticket to remind them... (No response) . next next day (No response)...
                          so u gonna lose all your crystals if u try a new event ! ...

"and they wonder why the players are quitting !??! "

Comment

Last time I filed a ticket I gave up after four months of no response. Best thing I can tell you is wait for someone else to mess up and find bugs before you jump into something.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenzibar View Post
                              So what if i cashed crystals to socket a seal ,, but no gem can be embed in it ! !! .. what is now ? R2 didn't notify us about that ,, R2 said any Equipment.... (so simply we lost 350 crystals for those bugged pouches?)
                              on dec. 11 , i have socket my seals. But no gems can be fit in.. i took screen shots with time stamp and the error showing up .. and opened ticket . but u know ... the response comes from someone who have no clue about the game or the event!
                              after 2 days i made another ticket to remind them... (No response) . next next day (No response)...
                              so u gonna lose all your crystals if u try a new event ! ...

"and they wonder why the players are quitting !??! "

noticed this as well and will bring it up as soon as can with staff. wasn't sure if was just the equipment had, think did same for a insignia or something

Comment

Working...
                              X