Detailed Treasure Trove guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailed Treasure Trove guide

Be warned that this is a very long and detailed guide with lots of pictures and colours!

Here I must say thank you very much to -
    Friendly for being my faithful partner in Treasure Trove, helping me get this information and editing this guide;
    Rin2 for giving me a list of mob drops;
    Euth for helping me get started on Treasure Trove and letting use some of his screenshots in here.

I won’t repeat what the GMs have already said about Treasure Trove, here are the basics of Treasure Trove. Upon entering the Treasure Trove you will receive a quest, it is more of a counter then anything, this quest is NOT completable! Once you have finished Treasure Trove for the day, hand it in to the Event Master and you will receive some coupons. Keeping the quest and collecting kills for the next day does NOT work, you must hand in the quest from the day before to enter in the Treasure Trove again the next day.

Ok, now that you are in Treasure Trove, you have 2 options, either try go for the chests on L6, or just stay and grind.

Grinding:
    Grinding on normal mobs will get you these things:
    • Lvl 50+ equip from blue to purple
    • Small packs
    • Empty Crystal Essence Vials
    • Moderate Enchantment Crystals
    • Teeka Eggs
    • Maturity Whips
    • Potions 60+
    • 1.5 EXP tokens
    • Elixirs
    • X2 offline tokens
    If there is anything that is missing, let me know. Again thanks to Rin2 for providing this list

If your aiming for L6 for some chests, that is where it gets fun and strategic.
    Getting to the chests:
    There are 6 levels on Treasure Trove as mentioned before. You will need a partner to help you, or there has to be a lot of players in Treasure Trove, or else it is impossible to pass L4.

Treasure Trove L1:
    To pass L1, you need to kill 30 mobs, the mobs on L1 Treasure Trove look like this:

These mobs look the same, but they have different names, and different dmg/HP. The Cannibal is easier to kill than the Spearman. So far no drop differences have been noted.
    The easiest way for you and your partner to pass L5 kill each other 15 times here in L1 so you don’t have to respawn in L1 and run all the way back to L5. If you have a partner that’s helping you, kill your partner 15 times, and let them kill you 15 times, so 30 times in total. Take all gear off, no pets, etc. If you don’t have a partner, then just kill when you can, but remember to get 15 kills ASAP.
    When dead in L1, you will spawn in any of these spawn points:
    Black dot = spawn spots

Because of the places that you spawn at, it would be best if you and your partner met up in the white square to kill each other. While it takes time for 1 person to run to the white square, the other person waiting can kill some mobs as you need 30 mobs to pass L1 too.
    (If you die in any other L, it will bring you straight to the NPC on L1, same spot as you first enter in Treasure Trove)

Treasure Trove L2:
    To pass L2, you need to collect 5 key shards , the mobs here attack on sight, and will stop your harvest, so better kill the ones that are attacking you before you harvest. The key shards are dotted everywhere but they respawn very slowly. The Cannibal appears here on L2 as well, and the Steel-shelled monster

Treasure Trove L3:
    To pass L3, you need to run to the teleporter, the easiest way is to just open map and click on the NPC, like so .
    There are thunders on the path, these will slow you down, but they WILL NOT teleport you back to the starting NPC like they do in survival of the fittest. On the sides of the path (white square circles some of them), there are elite mobs like this one . I've killed one of these mobs, it drops x2 EXP tokens and some pots, not sure if there are other drops or now. Also at the altar there is a boss that looks like the chancellor from Killer’s Den.

Treasure Trove L4:
    Once you enter in this level, run to the Mother Lode to get your blue keys, these are exchanged using EXP.
    Here is where you will need help from your partner or a lot of people on the map. To pass, you will need a class S clearance buff to pass to L5. To get that buff, you will need to obtain a class A/B buff and walk past a person with the opposite buff to you, that way you will both get a Class S buff. The Class S buff only lasts for 10 seconds, so I suggest getting it and running straight to the NPC.
    Here is how my partner and I do it:
    One goes to the bottom altar, and one goes to the top altar, each get a buff, then meet up at the NPC. Sounds easy? Well not really. Sloth will hit you if you go too close, so to avoid the boss, we run around him, like this:

(sorry in the image it says Zabuga, I didn’t know the name of the boss when I edited the picture)
    Then once you end up at the corner, you run towards the NPC, for those getting the class A buff, you can do the same, but run to the bottom corner instead of the top corner.
    The Class B buff is black and the Class S buff is Orangey yellow. Class A/B buff only lasts for 1 minute once you leave the altar, while Class S buff only lasts for 10 seconds upon walking close enough to a person with the opposite buff as you. (as mentioned above) If you and your partner stay next to each other, class S buff will reset every few seconds.
    There are 2 types of mobs on L4, , they can slow you while you run, it is pretty annoying, and if you don’t have a good regen/defense, they can possibly kill you, so be careful. This is the other mob , this is a rogue based type mob, so it does quiet a bit of damage.

Treasure Trove L5:
    This level you only need to kill 15 players to pass, (even though it says 30 in the speech bubbles from the NPCs), if you had a partner, you would of already done that on L1, and can pass straight through to L6 – TREASURE LEVEL!
    On L5 you will find mobs like , the bat is like the ladder mob in ladder lvl 42, it can summon other bats. Interesting sidenote, the names of the mobs spawned by the bats even say [Ladder] Bloodsucking Bat

Treasure Trove L6:
    TREASURE!!!!! L6 mobs hit hard, so I would turn on orb before I go anywhere in this map, just in case.

This is the map and where each of the chests and bosses are. The chests are labeled with a dot of that colour and the bosses are there the names are written. The bosses attack on sight, so they guard the chests in a way, but it is possible to sneak past all 3 of the Juggernauts provided you stick to the edges and have a dash of luck.

Mobs on L6 DO NOT respawn. Once they die, they die. There is only one type of normal mob on L6, but there are 4 bosses. These mobs 100% drop ONE blue key once they die.

There are 2 types of bosses, but 4 in total, one Fallen Angel and 3 Juggernauts.
    Juggernaut does not hit very hard and I could tank him, with a defense value of 6k+pdef and 7k+mdef, but being a priest, I could heal myself too, so I am not so sure about other classes. This is what one on the Juggernauts dropped for me today, not a lot of loot, but I love the silver badges, very helpful for those who can’t easily obtain them.
    Fallen Angel is exactly like the world boss, it has AOE and it hurts, also has massive HP. I suggest avoiding him. You can't create parties in Treasure Trove, so it's worse then the world boss where you can at least have some party members helping

Keys –
    Keys are needed to open chests, these are all the keys you can obtain. -Sorry, I lost the screenshot of the gold key I had in my invent, had to take one from the items shop xD

so, simplifying it, 5 blue = 1 purp, 5 purp = 1 red. 88 crystals = Gold.
    Blue keys can be gained from L2 and L6. On L2, once you harvest 5 key shards and talk to the NPC to teleport to L3, it will automatically give you a blue key, then on L6 the mobs drop blue keys. Each mob drops 1 blue key, and Juggernauts drop 2 blue keys.

Chests -- how to get to them on L6:

Here are what the chests look like:
    In invent
    Blue chest
    Purple chest
    Red chest
    Gold chest
    (I am very sorry for the words over the chests)

Certain chests are easy enough to get to, referencing back to the map above, I suggest running straight to purple chest 1 and killing all the mobs there so you can gain that chest easily without a risk of being killed by the boss and going back empty handed. If you have a gold key, open the gold chest too. Now it is best to kill the mobs before trying to obtain other chests as either a mob sees you and attacks or the boss does preventing you to get the chest. I would say run near a chest, kill the mobs that might attack you if you harvest the chest, then sneak past the boss, or if you please kill the boss too. Sneaking past both the boss and the mobs is possible, though it’s a smaller chance and it does take longer. The strategy is up to you to see which one fits the best for your situation.

The red chest is the hardest to get as it is guarded by the Fallen Angel boss and basically doesn't have any edges that allow you to sneak around the boss without been seen, what I found out when I tried to lure it, is that it doesn’t like to move a lot, it uses ranged attacks, so it is a bit hard to lure away from the chest, but it is possible. Hit it, you don't even need to lure it away, you can just keep the boss' aggro on you and allow your partner to get the chest, though beware he hits very hard, so using stun, silence and charm to give your partner more time isn’t a bad idea. As a pure blood priest, I had to hit it, use lvl 5 Demon's Grasp and Bloody Acres, that allowed enough time, so it does take a while, only a few skills is not enough. It’s very easy to die, and once you die you will end up in L1 again, so what I say is leave the red chest till last, after you have gotten all you want from L6, then try to get the red chest.

All chests except for the gold one can be harvested twice only, and only once by 1 character. - Meaning, if you have gotten this particular chest once, you may NOT harvest from it again in this round. (This does not mean you can only obtain 1 blue / purple chest in 1 round, there are 2 that spawn, so you can obtain 2 say purple chests, but even though overall there is 4, one character can only get 2) < confusing? >.> You can harvest the gold chest more then once with 1 character, though not sure how many times in total but there is overall 10 gold chest in the middle, instead of 2 like the other chests.

After all that hard work, these are the rewards!

Upon obtaining a purple or red chest, there will be a world chat announcement like so
    Gold chest may contain: 2 Soul Shards & 4 Ethereal Wings OR 5 Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens OR 4 Morph Crystals.

Small Treasure:
    These things are non tradable.
    All the information about Small Treasure

If there is any information that I have missed, feel free to post it or message me.
    Thank you to venomeh for adding info about Susan Brown mob, gold key and gold chest
    Thank you to wayne82444 for adding info about the gold chest
    Thank you to seacucumber for adding info about the S buff

I am very sorry for any pictures that are not very clear
    Last edited by Chelsia; 01-14-2013, 03:20 AM.
    If I post something really weird that makes no sense whatsoever it means I'm not mentally there at the time I post it (probably sleep deprived)

Character: (S31)Kiesha
    Server: Tree of Life
    Plane: Eidolon
    Class: Hybrid Priest
    Guild: Harmless

wow nice guide thanks a lot this guide helps a lot ^^

Comment

"This is the other mob , so far I haven’t noticed anything special about them, they do just about as much damage as Giant-frost Demons do."

Well that Brown Susan is a Rogue-type mob so it has high dodge. And Gold Key costs 88 Crystals, the items you can get from the Gold Chest are: 2 Soul Shards & 4 Ethereal Wings, 5 Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens, and 4 Morph Crystals. Nice guide
      Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Originally posted by venomeh View Post
        "This is the other mob , so far I haven’t noticed anything special about them, they do just about as much damage as Giant-frost Demons do."

Well that Brown Susan is a Rogue-type mob so it has high dodge. And Gold Key costs 88 Crystals, the items you can get from the Gold Chest are: 2 Soul Shards & 4 Ethereal Wings, 5 Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens, and 4 Morph Crystals. Nice guide
        A--dd--ee--d
        Thanks ^^
        If I post something really weird that makes no sense whatsoever it means I'm not mentally there at the time I post it (probably sleep deprived)

Comment

AWESOME GUIDE
          will definitely be helpful
          (S31)CardinalSin

(S30)AngelHearts

Eidolon 3x

Archduke

"Spend time, not money, on your children"
          "Money can be earned again , Time just passes once"

Comment

Very good guide now the mortal 50++ will get the information too awesome work @ Chelsia
            Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by lisaan View Post
              Very good guide now the mortal 50++ will get the information too awesome work @ Chelsia
              mortal 50+? what's this got anything to do with it xD

-- Ignore me... my brain dies randomly at random times, so I post stupid things
              Last edited by Chelsia; 11-25-2012, 05:42 AM.

Comment

great guide
                if you have a Problem send a ticket

Comment

Gr8 helps a lot..................:-)

Comment

nice guide dear kiesha

Comment

i hope i will be online during this time so i can try this guide, it's interesting to use chelsia's tips @_@

Comment

Originally posted by watanoob View Post
                        i hope i will be online during this time so i can try this guide, it's interesting to use chelsia's tips @_@
                        ... lol nub >.>

Comment

Hehe turned out nice. n_n
                          Ign: (S44)Euthanize
                          Guild: (J1)Philippines
                          Level: 150 Eidolon
                          Class: Support Priest.

Objection?
                          I'm annoying.
                          ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

Comment

Chelsia you are not in tree of life server you are in blood fang vellieg server
                            Never judge a book by its cover.

Comment

Originally posted by adrimid View Post
                              Hehe turned out nice. n_n
                              I'm glad c:

Originally posted by killerskiller View Post
                              Chelsia you are not in tree of life server you are in blood fang vellieg server
                              o.o the last time I checked S31 was Tree of Life?! S25 (or 28?) was bloodfang, no? We're a merged server, that's all

Comment

Working...
                              X