[Guide] Ranger (and earning gold)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] Ranger (and earning gold)

Before I start - Hi my name is Hades - I'm a hunter on (S12) Celestial Peaks
    (FYI - Scion + Guide)(Another FYI- this is my first guide :P)
    SKILLS!!!

Anti-Mage
    1/5 Fire Arrow - 1/5 Anti- Magic Shield
    1/5 Double shot - 5/5 Fortune's Kiss
    1/5 Paralyzing Shot - 1/5 Void's edge
    1/5 Trailing Arrow - 1/5 Silencing Strike
    1/5 Improved Fire Arrow - 1/5 Improved anti-Magic Shield
    5/5 Strong Shot - 5/5 Improved Double Shot
    5/5 Rain of Arrows - 1/5 Mana Spring
    5/5 Master Fire Arrow - 5/5 Tidal Rush

Nature
    5/5 Elven Swiftness
    1/5 Oak's Blessing
    1/5 Qucik Heal
    1/5 Tidal Arrow
    1/5 Barkskin
    1/5 Improved Oak's Blessing

[Side note you have to be around 100 to have this build, also, after you rebirth to Scion - Put 8 points into Magic Defender (Awakening I) It increases your PATK whilst reducing the MATK of your target) and when you rebirth again at Eidolon throw 6 points into Sipho Kiss (Awakening II) which deals a certain amount of physical damage to target and reduce the distance of the target magic attack lvl; lasts 10 seconds. After the end if the magic is under the 20% target will be confused.
    Coefficient of 152% attack at lvl 1. 167% at lvl 6.
    Magic reduction target: 10% at lvl 1. 20% at lvl 6.
    If that happens it will daze lasts 2.5 seconds at lvl 1, 5 seconds at lvl 6.)

Stats !!
    For Optimal damage - I'd do 2 str and 1 agi. Reason being is strength adds to your Physical attack and hit, and Agility adds to dodge, hit, and CRIT!!! it's ok to put points into INT every other level, to help with your mana for the heals (I.E. When you're soloing dungeons and the heals are being used every 3-5 seconds).
    Or, you can go in order of leveling
    2. 2str 1 agi
    3. 2str 1 agi
    4. 2 str 1 agi
    5. 2str 1 agi
    6. 1 str 1 agi 1 int
    Etc Etc, so Every five (or four, up to you) levels do 1 str 1 agi 1 int - to add to your mana pool.

Gems

For Gems I would recomend HP for helm (Jade). For the weapon and gloves PATK (Ruby), for the armor, and boots, pdef / mdef (amber / sapphire) [Side note on armor / boot gems - MDEF is highly usefull in battlegrounds, as is PDEF]
    Also whilst I'm on the subject, If you have purple / orange gear (I.E. SLAYER'S and Superior fragerach weapon) don't waste gem slots with blue / yellow gems, try to go for Flawless / perfect (Or if you're rich, Immaculate).

Gear (PAY ATTENTION)

Best gear in game for pve is quit simple, - If It say's "DragonSlayer's" make it, or check shops / world chat and trade chat (sometimes people sell the set pieces for cheap[30s to 3g])
    For pvp however, it's so simple even a Morphed Bear Cub could figure it out - the Savage / Slayer's purple set (Grand Duke) and the Orange (or purple[Archduke]) Savage / Slayer weapon (Viceroy)

ALSO!!!! GET THE INSIGNIA! I'd settle for the Brigadier General's Insignia ( 21 str / int - 15 agi - 26 end - 4 armor pen. / Penetration resistance - +6% physical / magic reduction) It has a really sexy use ability called Rage Explosion, which does damage to a single target based on your str, int, and agi. It also lower's the target's max HP a certain%. I mean come on people, WHO DOESN'T WANT THAT! another reason you should get it is, depending on your stats, you can one shot people (yes people, can't be used on mobs [non players for those that don't know]) which is really usefull in those sticky situations (2 on 1, odds not in your favor).

SIDE NOTE ON GEAR! - For soloing - try mix matching gear (3piece pve 4piece pvp or 3 piece pve 3 piece pvp with fragerach)
    Another Side note - In order to get the purple Slayer (80) you need Purple Savage (40), and in order to get Purple Savage you need to get Green --> Blue --> Yellow Savage. (For just the armor you'll need 1374 bronze 143 silver and 6 Gold badges, For the weapons [Up to purple] 348 bronze 37 silver and 1 gold badges, For the Orange Slayer bow, you need the purple slayer bow and 188 bronze + 31silver + 4gold badges)

WARNING - When you upgrade your armor to a new lvl ( from green to blue, blue to yellow and so on) YOU'LL LOOSE all of your enchanting and gems, and opened sockets!

Wings Vs Mount...

To be honest, wings are more important then a mount, However, wings have a MAX level (I.E. Can't get Fire Wings until 50) So it's a 50/50 on that. Mounts however, come from quest or by going to Starglade (Turtle [first mount - upgrades to Black Panter, cost 5 mount upgrade tokens]) Aurora Point (Rabid Racoon[Upgrades to Mystical Scorpion - Requires Black Panther, Cost 12 mut's to upgrade]) and Bloodfang Village (Battle Stallion[Upgrades to Battle Bear - Requires Mystical Scorpion, Cost 24 mut's to upgrade]). After you get the Battle bear, you need Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens - usually sell for 10-15 gold, However you can buy them from the crystal shop (Requires you spending money on the game) or Guessing game (1 in four chance of winning).
    Based on what you just read in this little section, i'll let you pick what you think is more important.

Side note : Both Wings and Mounts give you bonuses to stats.

Solo Farming

Part I : Dungeon
    Basically, best thing to do is buy mana / health orbs (30 coupons, 145 crystals, or check player shops, they usually go for 4-10 gold) and Put Improved Oaks Blessing and Quickheal where your Pots would go in the afk window and set it for 99%.
    For attacks, Rain of Arrows - Trailing Arrow - Strong shot - Master Fire Arrow - Paralyzing Shot - Improved Double Shot.
    Set it to where Paralyzing shot goes off then strong shot to get maximum damage.
    (Side note, if you can, skip all the trash [Non Boss Mobs]) and head straight to bosses, killing only the trash that stays on you)

Also, as I said earlier, if you're going to solo dungeons, try mix and matching gear for survival and damage..

Part II : Open World (I.E. Sukemo Bluff, Cheurna Gorge, etc etc)

You'll kill everything that moves within seconds, not really much to do besides set it to 3 screens, take off strong shot to conserve mana, set heals / mana to around 15% and you're good, However! Best thing to do whilst afk farming, is set it to where it only picks up ITEMS! You can sell the gems (Prices will come later on in the guide).

Pets.

I'd get either Demon King for pure raw damage (Only way to get this is buying a Baby Demon Egg off the shop for crystals, winning it off Dragon Hunt, or buying from other players [Hardly seen them sell though, but when I do they're around 19-22g])
    To get a perfect Demon King in my opinion would be to get the following attacks (books)
    Books - Razor Sharp 4 - Valor 4 - Roar 4 - Omnipotence 4 - Certain Death 4 -Charm 4
    Get the Maturity to +13
    And make sure the Gen 5/5

TRY!! to get these Aptitudes Please! :
    MAXD STR
    Minimal int / agi / end (Higher str aptitude for your DK = harder hitting = mobs / people dying faster)

STATS
    PUMP ALL IN TO STRENGTH
    Or go 2str 1 agi (For extra Crit)

If you can't get a Demon king get a Morphed Bear Cub (Tame a Bear cub from Monster Island (10-20) and buy MC from either the shop or players [Usually sell for 10-20g] and morph that *****) Has 25-30% damage absorbtion, go 1 str 1 agi 1 end - 1 str 2 end - 1 str 2 end - 1str 1 agi 1 end (Str adds PATK / small amount of HP - agi adds Crit / end adds HP)

Earning Money! (PAY CLOSE ATTENTION!1!1!1!1!)

BEST way that i've found to earn money, is over night, send your character out to an area, switch on afk mode, and set it to only pick up ITEMS. Reason being is Gems.
    Chipped Ruby / Topaz - Sell for 25s each (for the rest - in order multiply by 3, then multiply that by 3 for the next one and so on and so forth)
    Chipped Jade / Amber / Emerald / Sapphire 15s each (same as Chipped ruby / topaz for the rest, multiply by 3)

Also, sell any extra GMUTs and EW (Ethereal Wings, used to upgrade PURPLE wings [60+ - starts with Demi-God wings])

If you can, become a VIP * for 800 crystals / month, buy 8 SP (Soul Prints) they sell anywhere between 50g and 1p **. that's 4p to 8p a month in those alone (or you can save them up till you have 250 and it'll be 125p - 250p.)

*Vip only cost $7.99 USD a month, really cheap if you think about it
    ** P stands for Platinum. 1 Platinum is 100 Gold.

If you have any questions or comments yell at me in game (s12)Hades <(Farmer)> or (s12)Akatosh <(bank)>

Link to Mortal Ranger guide Click Me!
    Last edited by HadesAndAnhur; 12-13-2012, 10:50 PM.

the prob is why only set to pick up items only?

Comment

good guide tnx

Comment

lol i think newbies didnt understand at all cuz this build only for scion ....but atleast its pretty ok except the afk thing lol -_-

Comment

lifesaver 4 or enlightenment 4 or certain death 4?

Comment

Not very bright guide, for a mortal AM you should go full str. At scion you -could- go agi but your soul development better be over 500. Only at Eidolon you should pick full agility if you're into crit/dodge/hit. If you're not, stay to full str or int.
            Also for Eidolon Sipho kiss is kinda rubish: 4min20sec cooldown and the target won't ever live long enough for that daze to kick in (unless you're fighting an OP knight, but if he dragonhooks you're the one not living long enough)
            Crystal Saga:
            IGN: speeds
            Server: Windshear Peaks
            Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
            Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
            Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
            IGN: Speeds16
            Server: Temple of Ibalize
            Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

speed. o.o idol..

Comment

Originally posted by HadesAndAnhur View Post
                Before I start - Hi my name is Hades - I'm a Hunter on (S12)Celestial Peaks
                dun see you in my guild---> (S12)Hunter. Sorta see you talk in wc for the starting days of all 7 servers together.

Anyways, nice guide. Useful for scion peeps I guess .-.
                Last edited by GonGirl; 12-14-2012, 02:31 PM. Reason: Unfortunantly, the person who posted that quote changed his/her username .-.
                I'm not usually active so my stats are the same.

IGN (S12)Tcaty
                Class Shadow Rogue
                Level 55+
                Plane Mortal (obv.)
                Honor Earl

Well, that's about it! Have a fantastic day...

Comment

Going to make a Mortal guide in a few minutes, going to put the link at the bottom of this guide

Comment

Originally posted by highlandria View Post
                    the prob is why only set to pick up items only?
                    Gems, you really don't need any of the armor / weps that drop.

Comment

Originally posted by speeds16 View Post
                      Not very bright guide, for a mortal AM you should go full str. At scion you -could- go agi but your soul development better be over 500. Only at Eidolon you should pick full agility if you're into crit/dodge/hit. If you're not, stay to full str or int.
                      Also for Eidolon Sipho kiss is kinda rubish: 4min20sec cooldown and the target won't ever live long enough for that daze to kick in (unless you're fighting an OP knight, but if he dragonhooks you're the one not living long enough)
                      Good point, going to do more research on that today, typed the guide up at 3 am this morning lol, going to be a bunch of changes, also, going to upload a Mortal AM guide later today.

Comment

Originally posted by zen002 View Post
                        lifesaver 4 or enlightenment 4 or certain death 4?
                        All of them, you can spend 40 crystals to unlearn a pet's skill, keep doing that till you get them :P

Comment

Originally posted by davidgregory View Post
                          good guide tnx
                          Any time

Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or TIPS - post them :P (IF it's tips I'll quote you in the guide)
                            Last edited by R2448634; 12-13-2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Also, Speed, are you on one of the seven servers that are joined with Celestial Peaks?

Comment

Working...
                              X