Beginners Guide @ being a Priest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginners Guide @ being a Priest

Im pretty new to using a priest but this is what I have learned so far and want to share with any new player wanting to use a priest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shay.png
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1733888

Attribute Points

Attribute points I may be very different to most priests but as a mortal I put all points into intellect as a mortal you will struggle for damage so pure intellect will give you a better magic attack. Once I hit Scion I went pure endurance to give a better defense and Hp and used my soul n gear to provide the intellect needed for a good attack and heal. So far in Eidolon I have carried on with the pure endurance as I feel it gives stability to priests all round including pvp ladder dungeons and pve.

Skill Points

Name:	skills.png
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1733889

As a Mortal my skills were as follows

Holy: Light Heal 1 Holy Light 1 Saint's Strength 1 Healing Wave 1 from middle tree
    Guardians Protection 5 Pure in Heart 1 Resurrection 1 Angel's Blessing 5 Circle of Power 5 Goddess' Embrace 5 from right tree

Blood: Blood Beam 1 Life Drain 1 Grave Pact 1 Improved Blood Beam 5 from left tree
    Curse Mastery 1 Curse of Weakness 1 Ring of Decay 1 Phlegmatic Curse 1 from right tree

As a Scion the stay more or less the same but with a few tweaks.

Holy: Light Heal 1 Holy Light 1 Saints Strength 1 Healing Wave 1 Heavenly Protection 6 (if u only go to level 100) from middle tree
    Guardians Protection 5 Pure in Heart 1 Resurrection 1 Angel's Blessing 5 Circle of Power 5 Goddess' Embrace 5 from right tree

Blood: Blood Beam 1 Life Drain 1 Grave Pact 1 Improved Blood Beam 1 Improved Life Drain 1 Improved Grave Pact 1 Master Blood Beam 5
    Curse Mastery 3 Curse of Weakness 3 Ring of Decay 3 Phlegmatic Curse 1 from right tree

After Level 80 you will have spare points which I spent to upgrade the Curse Mastery, Curse of Weakness and Ring of Decay to level 5.

And Finally for Eidolon

Holy: Light Heal 1 Holy Light 1 Saints Strength 1 Healing Wave 1 Heavenly Protection 8 Sacred Space 6

Blood: Blood Beam 1 Life Drain 1 Grave Pact 1 Improved Blood Beam 1 Improved Life Drain 1 Improved Grave Pact 5 Master Blood Beam 5
    Curse Mastery 5 Curse of Weakness 5 Ring of Decay 5 Phlegmatic Curse 1 from right tree
    Last edited by barthez85; 12-15-2012, 11:58 AM. Reason: guide
    Character: Shaymin
    Server: Eternal Sanctum S57
    Level: 111 Eidolon
    Class: Priest
    Pet: Gen2 Demon King +13
    Wings: Angel Lord +1

Soul

Name:	soul.png
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1663650

A few important upgrades I feel that should be done are as follows:

Ice: Toughness, Preciousness, Flexibility and Stability these will increase your MDEF, PDEF, Endurance and Damage Reduction
    Brilliance: Rage, Madness, Vulgarity and Cruelty these will increase your MATK, Attack and Cast Speed and Crit and Crit Damage
    Void: Simplicity, Acceptance, Forgiveness, Illusion, Spirit and Deftness these will increase your Crit, Crit Damage, Attack and cast Speed,
    Dodge, AP and Crit Defence and HP
    Light: All Nodes are good for priests Power, Numbness, Warmth, Wisdom, Kindness, Intelligence and Energy these will increase your MATK, Heal, Attack n Cast Speed and Intellect
    Heart: Again another very import soul for priests. All Nodes important again increasing HP, Healing and defense and damage reduction
    Immortal Soul: Not yet started

Blessing

While Leveling I feel that having level 5 seal broken blessing has helped loads with its 30% exp boost but u can easily get level 5 peace or divine retribution from other players for 25% boost. Once I hit level 120 Eidolon I will probably change my blessing to Goddess of Glory or Dawn for Crit and dodge etc... or defence, damage reduction.

Sperion

Name:	sperion.png
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1663652

With Pure Endurance you will want to increase your attack Sperion, just be warned that this will require alot of Soul Prints, Purified Crystals, Earth Soul Orbs and Crystal Essence.

Pets

Offensive Pet: I went for a Demon King just to give the variety of physical and magical attack especially with magic immunity on some bosses like SIN Pride from exelorn hollows. I tried to keep my DK versatile allowing me to take on different classes using skills like Razor Claws and Armor Piercing.

Defensive Pet: Morphed Bear Cub with Flexibility and Charm is a good place to start to soak up more damage so you don't have to heal as often

Name:	lucifer mk2.png
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1663656
    Last edited by barthez85; 12-15-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Save for Guide More to come shortly

Comment

Nice guide but i wouldnt recommend goin pure endurance in scoin or edilion coz you will be wasting your MATk i would recommend goin pure end as a mortal untill you get 120 endurance then go pure intellect untill you rebirth.From then on I would say add the extra stats poits that you get when rebirth to intellect and go pure endurance untill lvl 30 then 2 int and 1 end this is same for edoilion as well however you go 2 endrunce 1 intellect untill lvl 40 then pure intellect unltill lvl 100 after that its your choice if you wanna have more HP and PDEF or more mana and MATK,MDEF.Everything else is very good and will make you a strong pvp and pve char.

CharacterS1)InsanePriest
        Level:120 Eidolon
        Class:Priest

CharacterS1)InsaneMage
        Level:105 Eidolon
        Class:Mage

CharacterS1)ColdHearted
        Level:96 Eidolon
        Class:Ranger
        1 WORD
        SWAG

Comment

Lets listen to the story b4 we give any comments. :P
          I'm not usually active so my stats are the same.

IGN (S12)Tcaty
          Class Shadow Rogue
          Level 55+
          Plane Mortal (obv.)
          Honor Earl

Well, that's about it! Have a fantastic day...

Comment

try goin full holy lol jk but thats good add light beam and spirit infusion goin down that line at eidolon best atk power u can get unless u follow the full endurance thing

Comment

Originally posted by StaViper View Post
              Nice guide but i wouldnt recommend goin pure endurance in scoin or edilion coz you will be wasting your MATk i would recommend goin pure end as a mortal untill you get 120 endurance then go pure intellect untill you rebirth.From then on I would say add the extra stats poits that you get when rebirth to intellect and go pure endurance untill lvl 30 then 2 int and 1 end this is same for edoilion as well however you go 2 endrunce 1 intellect untill lvl 40 then pure intellect unltill lvl 100 after that its your choice if you wanna have more HP and PDEF or more mana and MATK,MDEF.Everything else is very good and will make you a strong pvp and pve char.

CharacterS1)InsanePriest
              Level:120 Eidolon
              Class:Priest

CharacterS1)InsaneMage
              Level:105 Eidolon
              Class:Mage

CharacterS1)ColdHearted
              Level:96 Eidolon
              Class:Ranger
              hay how much you were playing the game you have 1lvl96eidio and 120eidio and lvl105eidio how you lvl up fast i have been here for over 1 year and have lvl62 shadow rouge and lvl52kight onley and i still mortal

Comment

Working...
              X