Exotic's Guide to the Anti-Mage Hybrid Ranger~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exotic's Guide to the Anti-Mage Hybrid Ranger~

Hello, and welcome to my guide!! This guide is for the Anti-Mage Hybrid Ranger, ranging from level 1 - 60. I'm only level 55 at the current time - so maybe I'll do a more in depth guide (1-80/100) If I get that far. I've been playing since The Wilterlands started, so although I have a low level, I do know lots about the game.

Okay!! So let's jump in. First off - Attributes.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ranger guide atts.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	1731973
    As you can probably see, I've chosen full strength for my build, and I'd say that's the best option. Even though you are hybrid - we do not necessarily need M-Atk and it's only used for our heals. My strength is definetly larger then the average 55 Mortal Ranger (Even full str) and that's because of my Soul and gear. You'll see both of those later and why you need them, but for now, Let's see the skills.

Name:	Anti Mage tree.png
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1731974
    That there - is my Anti Mage tree. That's our main tree, because it holds mainly ALL of our important skills. Lets see why I chose these:
    Fire arrow: We need it just to start the branch off, and it's a great DPS move before you can get improved version.
    Paralyzing shot: Very good damage-wise. Has a long cooldown, but that can be ignored due to the defence it can lower.
    Improved Fire Arrow: This is an excellent skill. It has high damage, and also a short cooldown. Great for nailing down pesky targets.
    Strong Shot: This skill....this skill is definetly mandatory. The Anti Mage Hybrid simply isn't complete without it. It offers EXTREME damage and can knock opponents out in 1 hit when it crits. Mine is currently on 5/5 because of the damage difference between 1 and 5, plus I had points to invest. Definetly worth your time, even with a 3 second cast-time.
    Double shot: I must say, I really disliked this skill at first. But it grew on me that it was doing some decent DPS when my other skills were cooling down. Definetly worth your time also, especially when you're used to it and can get improved.
    Trailing arrow: Excellent skill. Hits multiple targets, good DPS, and 2 second cooldown. It's one to spam.
    Improved Double Arrow: This is what you've been waiting for. Hitting with the first one just wasn't your thing - but this one catches up to your attack and you see the damage before your eyes.
    Anti Magic Shield: Yipee, mdef!! We all know priests and mages can give off very high damage, so this ones definetly a keeper.
    Fortunes kiss: LUCKY STRIKE! I love seeing those words, personally. It lightens up your day when you see damage higher then what you're usually capable of. This is great for your luck, and when it reaches a certain point you'll be spamming lucky strikes.
    Voids Edge: Uh oh! That mage is casting a FIREBALL? What are we gonna do! We are going to voids edge him. His cast will be interrupted, and he won't know what's hit him
    Silencing Strike: I love this. When facing mages, the minute you cast this, it's a GREAT opportunity to start casting Strong Shot. Those 3 seconds he wont what to do, and then he'll be knocked out.
    Improved Anti Magic Shield: More mdef. Gotta take it when you can!

Name:	Nature.png
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1731975
    This is my Nature tree. Let's begin:
    Elvens Swiftness: I really like this passive. It gives you movement speed + attack speed, which are both essential. Worth the 5 points.
    Oaks Blessing: A fast heal with a short cooldown that you can have on whenever you want. I've only put this on level 1, just because the heal is low. It does give back a fair bit of HP after it's finished.
    Quick Heal: Your main heal. Fast, easy, reliable. There when you need it. It's definetly worth a couple more points, but in my case I have not because I've tried to work on my m-atk which brings the heal up too.
    Tidal Arrow: MOVE BACK! Pushes your target back, great when facing Knights & Rogues. Gives you a bit of space to knock them down.
    Barkskin: This is pretty much like a 5 Second invincibility. Great skill, and proves worthy when facing fast DPS players such as rogues.

So that's the summary of my skills! Moving on now...The fun part! My statistics & gear.

Name:	Stats.png
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	1731976
    I must stress that this is definetly possible for a level 55. I'm not buffed, and even before with the 417 Str, I was not buffed either. These statistics are a combination of Soul, Gems, and Gear. The anti magic shield skill also plays a part in my mdef. I'll start now by showing you my gear.

Name:	armor.png
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	1731977

Name:	wep.png
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	1731978

Name:	BB.png
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	1731979

Name:	GG.png
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	1731980

Name:	HH.png
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1731981
    Other gear is irrelevant, as it cannot be gemmed. First off, I just want to say that get what you can afford. My gems arn't all that easy to get, but if you do your Day in Vidalias and in game activites you can definetly scrape up shining gems fast. All my current gear is at least enchanted to +5, and my Wings are at Ultimate Fire Wings I. Savage is the best option because it offers both Intellect and Strength, but the Bloodforge armor gives more Strength so I chose it. Heart of Eden is the best offhand for us. Saphires and Ambers where you can - But my gear is not finished yet. I'm hoping I can put at least Normal Saphires and Ambers into all my gear. Rubies are the best option (Shining in this case) For large differences in p-atk.

Soul! First off, here's a basic picture of my soul overview.

Name:	AAA.png
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	1731982
    Next, my main four branches:

Name:	AA.png
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1731983
    I've chosen these four because not only do they offer good p-atk and str bonuses, but also add to other stats such as m-atk and HP. My other branches are only at levels 1-3, as I've been focusing on these. At this point in your gameplay, soul is very expensive, and not as easy to achieve. I beleive it's unnecessary for me to show the other trees at this time as you should be focusing on these as your kick start.

Last off, Pets!! It's great to have a little companion by your side! Here's mine.

Name:	a..png
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1731984
    I love MissCuddles. She heals me, and charms my enemy so I don't have to deal with them for a little bit. She has decent M-atk and helps me take down enemies faster, making my job easier.

Well, that's about it! I Hope you enjoyed my kick start guide to the Anti Mage Hybrid Ranger. I'm open to any advice you have or if you would like to see something, and I'm taking suggestions for further guides I may do. I really hope you enjoyed my guide and it's beneficial to you.

Before I go, me and MissCuddles just wanted to share a little picture with you.

Name:	Holidays.png
Size:	879.5 KB
ID:	1731985
    We're on holidays *-* Bye for now, Vidalians!

~Exotic
    ~The Wilterlands
    The world is what you make of it

good guide! thanks krystalize!
    if you have a Problem send a ticket

Comment

thanks .

Comment

gloves savage or dragonslayer ?????

Comment

ty ALOT

Comment

Maxing SS doesnt show a big difference so take the extra points and max fortune kiss

Comment

Nice guide but if i were you id max out anti-magic shield and the improved one coz when you hit scion there will alot of
              players using MATK but then that'll only happen if your server have alot of MATK scion players.So if it does then id recommend
              max anti-magic shield and improved anti-magic shield.
              1 WORD
              SWAG

Comment

Working...
              X