Cloud's guide for you Rogues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud's guide for you Rogues

Hello all,this will be my first guide,so i'm sorry in advance if it aint so great and pro like other guides :O
    Anyways.Rogues are a pvp class (they also do good at PvE things like Avernal,but like i know,every dungeon besides Exelorn Hollows is trouble to solo at Nightmare mode unless your OP)Now for the skill tree - choose Shadow.Combat makes you VERY vulnerable in PvP it was originally my first choice,but i regret it later.Why shadow? It has STEALTH.Stealth is your main weapon in pvp (I could crush people MUCH stronger than me of a mage/priest/ranger class being much weaker by using stealth - stun combos) Stealth enables you to use Shadow Rush which lets you have 4 seconds to kill the person you want to without any retaliation (Exception - fire scion+ mages,they have a thunder passive,so avoid attacking them if you know they can 1-shot you)Also,shadow has other useful skills - the passives.Maximized slayer's speed and slayer's call gives you +15 to attack speed and +15% to crit,and improved slayer's call gives you a bonus of +25% crit damage which is very nice :

Stats : I recommend going 1str 2agi or full agi.Crit is a rogue's main stat - with high crit and very high crit damage,its like you have triple the patk if you had no crit.If you have high crit damage,increasing crit chance is far better than increasing your patk :P.

Skills: Now this ill do separately for scions and mortals.Eidolons,i dont really know yet,because im not one XD
    Mortals:
    Level 2 - Get Assasin's thrust to level 1,your gonna have to do it anyway for Shadow Rush so might aswell do it now :P
    Level 4-12 Maximize Slayer's speed.A musthave skill,+15% atk speed :O
    Level 14-18 Get slayer cloak and shadow rush to level 1~
    Level 20 - Get Choke hold,your gonna have to get it so do it now for another dps skill as you level up
    Level 22-30 Maximize Slayer's Call - It's a musthave skill aswell - +15% crit chance,really amazing XD Level 32 - Get level 1 shadow strike,it will help you run from fights and re-stealth to get another stun,a VERY useful skill,you'll max it out later.For now,leave it at 1,its only used for escaping fights or having another stun attempt XD
    Level 34-48 Maximize slayer's cloak and shadow rush
    Level 50 (Or get it at 40 and get cloak/rush 5 later) Improved assasin's thrust - get it to level 1,its a nice damaging skill.
    Level 52 - Get blade twist,its also a nice damaging skill,a PvE one - also the frost triggering skill in training :O
    Level 54-60 Get level 1 slayer sprint,brutality and slayer's shadow.They are required to have for Improved Slayer's call,and slayer sprint can also help you run away from people :O
    Level 60 (Or get it anytime you want,it doesnt really matter) Improved choke hold - just a dps skill,level 1 it
    Level 62-70 Improved slayer's call.+25% crit damage,its really good if your crit rate is good.A must-max skill
    Level 72 - KNIFE RUSH.Your only ranged skill,at scion + planes - it will really help you get kills in sengolia (1-shotting newbies that run with it - funnnn) XDD (Or get it at 70 and delay improved slayer's call maxing,i recommend that)
    Level 74 - Slayer's toughness - helps in Psychodelica chambers where the bosses spam effects on you like crazy and in other situations
    Level 76-78 Get shadow strike to level 3
    Level 80 - get master assasin thrust. (Now this might be where you rebirth,and you might want to get stronger before rebirthing.I'll give a guide until level 120 because i do know some people that like to get far as mortal,me included
    Level 82-84 Get shadow strike to level 5.
    Level 86-98 Work towards maxing Slayer's deftness,+10% dodge is well worth it.It's in combat tree,and is the only skill beside vagabond swiftness you need from there.
    Level 100-108 Max knife rush - it adds pretty nice damage when maxed
    Level 110-120 Work on maxing Vagabond's swiftness.It helps you GREATLY in some situations,+50% dodge for 8 seconds is amazing.Thats it for the mortal part XD

Scions : As a scion you get a new AMAZING skill - Quick Death.10 strikes,50% damage each,in 2 seconds and it freezes your opponent.Though if your opponent moves after you clicked it but before you started using it - it will fail =/ It must be a glitch or a bug,i dont know,but it rarely happens so its still great XD
    As a scion,you also start with 12 skill points.Sooo here goes

Level 1 - Maximize slayer speed and put 1 point into assasin's thrust - you have 7 points left
    Level 2-10 Save up 5 more points
    Level 10 - Max slayer's cloak and shadow rush - 2 points left after that
    Level 12-20 Save up 4 more points - at level 15 get Quick Death to 1,thats where you leave it.
    Level 20 - put 1 point into choke hold and maximize slayer's call - 0 point left after that
    Level 22-30 Save up 5 more points
    Level 30 - Maximize shadow strike - 0 points left
    Level 32-40 Save up 5 more points
    Level 40 - put 1 point into improved assasin's thrust,1 into slayer sprint,1into brutality,1 into Blur (combat tree,required for slayer's deftness which gives 10% dodge) 1 into Shadow slap (also required for deftness)
    Level 42-50 Maximize Slayer's Deftness
    Level 52 - Get blade twist to 1
    Level 54- Get Slayer's Shadow to 1
    Level 54-60 Save up 3 more points
    Level 60 - Get improved slayer's call to 3
    Level 62-62 - Maximize Improved Slayer's call
    Level 66 - Get improved choke hold to 1
    Level 68-70 Save up 2 more points
    Level 70 - Get knife rush level 1 and Slayer's toughness level 1
    Level 72-78 Get vagabond's swiftness 3 (For that youll have to get slayer's march 1 aswell)
    Level 80 - Get master assasin thrust
    Level 82-84 - Maximize Vagabond's swiftness
    Level 86-92 Maximize Knife Rush
    Level 92-102 Get quick death to 6
    Level 104 - Start working for improved slayer deftness,more dodge
    Level 106 - Get quick death to 7
    Level 108 - finish working on improved slayer deftness,then go freestyle,doesnt really matter after XD

That's all for dem skills XD Now,gear.For rogues,purple savage is the best way to go from 40-79, i tried Nightshade and it murdered my stats literally .-. Doesnt work for rogues =/Im currently with purple slayer,i heard purgatory sets REALLY lower your crit damage,so i dont know if it's
    good to get.
    Gems : Rubies into weapons,ambers/sapphires into armor like you choose.Fire opals is a MUST in heart of eden.In the ring (if you get purg) put pink diamonds,for the necklace - I dont really know,all seems useless there =/
    Soul : Brilliance and void are your best friends get them as high as you can.Ice to 4-5 is enough heart to 5-6
    Ladder : Rogues are best solo in ladder (At scion +) You can continunously jump out of stealth - stun - attack - shadow strike.It best works if you have an auguric frag,then level 50 ladder is a piece of cake.I'm a level 87 scion rogue,i can solo to 51 using the shadow strike strategy (altho it does take a lot of orb)

Extra : Hellstorm strategy for Shadow rogues - a nice way to get into the top 3 without doing much.Once you enter Hellstorm,start spamming Shadow strike on the closest person to you.When it works,run away.(Shadow strike must be lvl 5 for this to succeed,as only then the cooldown is less than the time you are stealthed) After shadow strike CD ends - go to another person and use it again - do that for as much as you can - if 2 people are left and youre one of them - mission success.

That's all for this guide :O Hope it helps~
    -Added some screenshots~ sorry if they are blurry :O
    http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/fa...tml?sort=3&o=0
    http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/fa...tml?sort=3&o=1
    http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/fa...tml?sort=3&o=2
    http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/fa...tml?sort=3&o=3

Thank you nubnub for adding screenies XD When i become famous you can have 10% of the cookies ill get >
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CloudySage; 04-01-2013, 06:43 AM. Reason: WHY SHOULD THERE BE A REASON ITS MY POST
    LEARN TO SPELL PEOPLE,ITS ROGUE NOT ROUGE D:<

only problem is shadow strike bugs a lot on me toon
    it often goes on cd time whenever i use it w/o me toon perform it
    They told me that to make you fall in love with me, I had to make you laugh...
    But everytime you laugh, I'm the one who falls in love...

Comment

Loves hellsstrom coz u can stealth and stealth and stealth? xDDD
      (S12)EMOztah10th
      Server: Celestial Peaks
      Level: 90+(Eidolon)
      Guild: StyxRiders

Comment

its better if you put some picture or little effort to make visualize, just a suggestion
        IGN: xSpade
        Server: zensho Island
        Class/Job: rogue

Comment

rogue is so hard to kill cuz of stealth then stun^^
          Server : [S53] Exelow Hollows
          IGN:JustAShot
          Level:Eidolon 5x
          Class:Ranger(Hybrid AM)
          Guild: (S35)TheSpartans

"Believe The Impossible ,Discover The Incredible"

Comment

u say this is for a pvp rogue? how well does this char work against tank or anti crit knights? and u said u can solo lvl 51 in ladder but can u get to lvl 51 in ladder solo first of all? :P

Comment

pretty cool lol

Comment

can some one make a Mage guild like this pls and cool guild
                Never judge a book by its cover.

Comment

pretty cool too lol
                  IGN: (S15)Naive
                  Server: Aquatic Crypts
                  Class: Shadow Rogue
                  Lvl: Eidolon 90+
                  Guild: (S6)Steinsgate

Comment

anyways heres a trick for hellstorm, enter hellstorm in last few seconds before it closes (stealth before u go in) so you get to stun and start ur combo

Comment

a Cloudguide XD
                      Crystal Saga
                      IGN: (S14)Thepkmaster
                      Sever:Lycanmarsh
                      Level:Eidolon Lv80+
                      Guild: (S21)Ascendancy
                      Class:Knight

Broken Realm
                      IGN: darksidepk
                      Sever: [S1]Frost Highland
                      Level: Lv 40+
                      Guild: None Yet o.o
                      Class:Paladin

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok6969 View Post
                        u say this is for a pvp rogue? how well does this char work against tank or anti crit knights? and u said u can solo lvl 51 in ladder but can u get to lvl 51 in ladder solo first of all? :P
                        Yeah he can solo to 51 its ******* scary...though he can't afford 2-3 million orb every day and like one hour in ladder so he usuallly doesn't P.S. he kills all knights around his lvl easily. Has Trouble with 120 Eido knights
                        Last edited by fangydangymangy; 04-01-2013, 03:03 AM.

Comment

A rogue's weakness is a knight.Rogues vs knights of same level and strength knights win yeah,BUT YOU CAN PWN EVERYONE ELSE AINT THAT AWESOME? XD Sorry for not visualizing the guide guys,im not on my home computer,i cant use paint or anything,i barely have access to it.Yes i can solo up to level 51 ladder,51 is where i die -_- And yes fangy has a point,it takes lots of orb from level 40 so i usually run on 40.50 alone takes a million out of me. lvl 120 eido knights favourite dish - Cloudcakes o.o thats what they eat in seng after killing me~ (Im CloudySage's nub alt account - FEAR MEH NUBBYNESS)

Comment

Now I shall stalk cloud on most of his posts. This guide is interesting if I ever continue playing (IF MY AVERAGE REACHES 99.0% GAH ITS ONLY 94%). I will follow cloud's guide if I ever decides to reach scion on my alt =)
                            I'm not usually active so my stats are the same.

IGN (S12)Tcaty
                            Class Shadow Rogue
                            Level 55+
                            Plane Mortal (obv.)
                            Honor Earl

Well, that's about it! Have a fantastic day...

Comment

what is different scions and mortals?

Comment

Working...
                              X