Mages,build,soul,attributes,skills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mages,build,soul,attributes,skills

Mages:I noticed there was a lack of guides for mage. As a noob who wasnt aware of builds and soul etc and which skills to use. I feel that its time i spread the knoladge i have learnt, gained and decided for myself and show all of you considering a mage what mistakes I made and that are easy to make. Following this I hope you leave your comments and if it helped you in anyway. Ill start basic...as a noob i messed up everything..my pets..my attribute points....my soul and i dont have the best mount and wings for my level either. Anyway...

Attribute points: Mages should be pure intellect (that means you put all your points on this. Me well I made the mistake of equal stats shareing the points around each time...i have beun to correct it but it still looks like this Click image for larger version

Name:	messed up stats.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	1732149
    my stats should probably be more like theseClick image for larger version

Name:	correct stats.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	1732150
    see how easy it is to ruin your stats when you are unaware. (For those like me that feel they messed up you can purchase ARC attribute reset cards which take ur stats down to there base and you can change all the points you received throughout your levels at once on the correct way. Now this is a bit much to read but stay with me cause you will regret it if you screw up like me.

Types of mage:There is ice,fire,ice hybrid and fire hybrid. I will explain what these mean and how you can becom one. Ice mages these have full ice skills for example ice cone this is a simple ranged ice attack.
    Fire: All skills are fire for example fireball which is a basic ranged fire attack.
    Ice/fire Hybrid: These have both fire and ice skills but are determined by either having blizard of balrog's hell as both may not be attained.

Types of skill:Aoe,passive and ranged. The types of skills you choose affects gameplay particulary in PVP servers where being able to freeze or slow somone down could be vital in escapeing.
    AoE:From what I understand type of skill deals ranged damage to multiple enemies for example both blizzard and balrogs hell is an AoE skill.
    Passive skills: These skills arnt able to be activated rather trigeered by a situation. These skills often do something to help such as increase your MATK by 2%,lower the enemies def etc. Examples of these are frost and focus.
    Ranged damage: All mage attacks are ranged but when against foes that must attack you in close range such as knihts and roues. Skills like Empyrean Winds,Halo os ice and blink can be very useful for ice mages/ice hybrids. These skills arnt as affected on other ranged foes like rangers,priests and other mages.

My Soul and Stats:Upgradeing your soul can give you an advantage in the game knowing what to upgrade though can be difficult. I advise that when you can prefer to up MATK over PATK (as PATK is usless to you) also If you have the choice between PDEF and MDEF you should prefer PDEF. Also if given the choice between ATK and DEF choce def as mages attacks are much stronger than defence. Incase it isnt clear P stands for physical and M stands for magical ATK attack DEF defence.

Gems:Mages need all gems accept emerald and rubies. Prodominantly Mages need ambers and Topaz much more

Other Ways to Stay on Top:A good level pet,a nice pair of wings and a good mount along with mount level and a supportive frineds and guild.

Thank you, Thats my long and detailed explanation of mages.

User:Patrick2675
    Mage (ice hybrid see above XD)
    Guild:Proud owner of thenemy
    Server:The Wilterlands
    Yes
    57.14%
    No
    42.86%
    Class:Mage
    Guild:thenemy
    Server: The Wilterlands

My guides <---Mages/Easy pet leveling ---> Weekly events and promotions--->

Good guide but there r already some guides
    Ice mage - http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....GUIDE-Ice-Mage
    fire mage - http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....age-for-Lvl-50
    Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
    [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
      THanks i tired to make an over all guide so larger detail ha to be overlooked

Comment

Hope this its self is an origional thread giveing all info that was the aim anyway

Comment

Originally posted by tajmahal62 View Post
          Hope this its self is an origional thread giveing all info that was the aim anyway
          Small tip for future guides which i am expecting and excited to know from u
          Original means it should have not been posted by others before and should not contain something that others have used ur guide is not original cause there r other guides
          Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
            Small tip for future guides which i am expecting and excited to know from u
            Original means it should have not been posted by others before and should not contain something that others have used ur guide is not original cause there r other guides
            Yea but I didnt copy and paste and i tried to include things not normaly mentioned in detail i have more ideas for some guides for the future but i did search and there was nothing about a mage build soul prefered stats so eliments are unique

Comment

yeah i know i read the whole thing and some part might be original but the guide is not and next time go to game discussion and there u will see classes on the top with a female knight pic click and scroll down u will see mage or any other class and click on the class and bingo u found the guides for the specific class

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

It's a good effort and a great start. It's more of an overview to what a mage is though.

When you make a guide, try to think back to when you knew nothing about the game. What sort of questions did you have, what sort of answers were you looking for when you searched for guides in the forums - keep those in mind whenever you write a guide as they will be what makes it a great guide.

I've never played as a mage, but if I did I would wonder whether I should choose fire, ice, or hybrid, what the advantages are for each and then are they most appropriately used (pvp, pve, soloing dungeons, etc) and at what levels. I would wonder where I should allocate skill points and which nodes of the soul would be more preferable (like, should I start with the pdef in the ice soul, or skip on over to brilliance for the matk). Would I want to wear dungeon drop gear, synth a set with shards, or go for savage? And the most important question people want to know the answer to- at what level is the mage able to solo vault nm using your information?
                New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                  It's a good effort and a great start. It's more of an overview to what a mage is though.

When you make a guide, try to think back to when you knew nothing about the game. What sort of questions did you have, what sort of answers were you looking for when you searched for guides in the forums - keep those in mind whenever you write a guide as they will be what makes it a great guide.

I've never played as a mage, but if I did I would wonder whether I should choose fire, ice, or hybrid, what the advantages are for each and then are they most appropriately used (pvp, pve, soloing dungeons, etc) and at what levels. I would wonder where I should allocate skill points and which nodes of the soul would be more preferable (like, should I start with the pdef in the ice soul, or skip on over to brilliance for the matk). Would I want to wear dungeon drop gear, synth a set with shards, or go for savage? And the most important question people want to know the answer to- at what level is the mage able to solo vault nm using your information?
                  follow memory's tips next time and memory wow i didn't even think of all the option u thought of thanks i will use ur tips too

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

Originally posted by tajmahal62 View Post
                    Yea but I didnt copy and paste and i tried to include things not normaly mentioned in detail i have more ideas for some guides for the future but i did search and there was nothing about a mage build soul prefered stats so eliments are unique
                    Hey Patrick It me Pit xD

Game :Wartune
                    IGN: Palpablesage
                    Class: Mage
                    Level: 19
                    Game: Wartune
                    IGN: MrNemesis
                    Level:18+

Comment

Cool guide
                      (S6)Wisteria889
                      Class: Mage
                      Server:Windshear Peaks
                      Level:70+
                      Plane:Eidolon
                      Honor:Viceroy
                      Guild: (S6)SteinsGate
                      Proud player since 2011
                      ♥~Thank you for everything~♥

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

Thank you for your responce

Comment

Originally posted by C4P0T3 View Post
                          Hey Patrick It me Pit xD
                          XD hi pit
                          Originally posted by wisteria589 View Post
                          Cool guide
                          thank you for your support

Comment

OK im gonan talk you through my build now i hope doesnt take too many posts.

OK im pure ice and as i said above there are many different types of mages. Heres my ice build which has been very useful to me.

Left Tree, Blizard lvl 1(handy AoE slows multiple in this case 4 targets and deals ranged damage), Halo of ice lvl 1(which prevents targets movment handy for PvP and can freeze 7 targets best used on close combat enemies/players ie knights and rouges) Improved blizzard lvl 1(deals more damage and allows 7 targets),Empyrean winds lvl 1 (pushes back one target whilst dealing damage, great for Pvp again especially against rouges and knights)

Middle Tree:ice cone lvl 1(can be lvl 5 when you begin the game but is ideal to wait for improved ice cone), Wind strike Lvl 1 (once again wait for the improved if you dont want to waste a SOT) Improved Ice Cone lvl5 (this helps alot slowing movment speed as well by 70%), Frost lvl1 (handy use in delivery it can be used as a ranged freeze on one target but if you are to atk the frozen player it breaks the freeze otherwise they will wait 3seconds before they can move so your delivering player may have a chance to run),Improved Windstrike lvl 4( unfortunatly you can get it to lvl 5 at 80 but then you are likly to rebirth to the plain of scion), Ice blast lvl 1 (i know you could use this point on improved windstrike but i feel this skill is usfull giving initial damage and then more given every second for 6 seconds)

Right tree: (most of the maxing is here) Frost sheild lvl 5 (is a buff used on your self increaseing your mana regen by 28 and damage taken by 20% and lasts for 10minites)Alacrity lvl 5 (this increases your casting speed and is well worth 10 lvls of points this makes you permanantly atk faster), Magic penetration lvl 1 (gives your attack a chance to ignore your targets defence values), Deep freeze lvl 5 (great great skill excellent when AFKin increases your matk by 2% everytime you atk and the level goes up to elvel 10 increaseing your atk by 20% its worth the points ill asure you),Mana breeze lvl 1 (good skill restors large ammounts of mana every second lasting for 5 seconds, only real downside is how long its cooldown is, at lvl 1 it is 130 seconds),
                            and finnally icicle armour lvl 5 (increases your defence by 208 and can trigger your target to be frozen for 5 seconds or untill atked, similarly to frost)

This will take you up untill lvl 78 if you want to go passed level 80 without prior idea of skills having done this max out improved windsrike at lvl 80 and then eiter mess around wit new skills or try going down the right tree of fire untill you hit demons wrath (that will use 4 skill points taking you to levle 88) then use 4 more points to max flame shield (you could do this first) you are now lvl 96 if your not rebirthing which by now is strongly advisable i guess that your last 2 skilll points could be spent your way but id put some on demons wrath (again this can be in any order) Your now levle 100 (just rebirth already XD)

Thanks post comments or send me a PM ty
                            Last edited by tajmahal62; 10-30-2012, 06:43 AM. Reason: typo please point out more if there are any

Comment

please comment i see more votes but tell me what you think too XD

Comment

Working...
                              X