Climbing the Crystal Ladder: a Guide on Ladder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climbing the Crystal Ladder: a Guide on Ladder

My first guide on this forum! I hope that this guide helps you.

About Crystal Ladder

The crystal ladder, more commonly known as ladder, is one of the many events in Crystal Saga. You can do it starting from level 20+ in groups. To get in, you have to speak to to Ardhon the Guardian, in the Tree of Life. (If you can't get there, go to the Starglade teleporter and chose Tree of Life.) In ladder, you the other members of your party go into a series of rooms where you have to kill monsters. Each time you kill all the monsters, you go to another room, like the rungs of a ladder. For each room you complete, you get experience. Unfortunately, if your party dies, you come back in the Tree of Life. You only get one shot a day, so don't waste it!

Potions, combat flasks, and blessed stones don't work in ladder. Orbs do, but once in there you can't restack them.

So, by now, you might be wondering, how am I ever going to be able to do it if i'm really low-level? This is where the beauty of ladder is. When you enter, you get a buff that boosts you stats to a higher level. This means, in terms of base stats, a level 20 person and a level 150 person are approximately equal. Higher level people do have a bit of an advantage, but not a gigantic amount. Trust me, I've seen Eidolons struggle in ladder.

Parties

A good party is integral to surviving in ladder. With a good party, you can go a lot further than you can by yourself. Parties shouldn't be "oh, you can only join if you have this exact build and will do exactly this and have your stats exactly this way", but you should have some sort of organization.
    The basic roles of a party:
    Tank- the person who is taking all of the damage and keeping the attention of the monster focused squarely on them. Usually, a protection knight is t he tank but not always. It's a bad idea to have the most squishy person acting as the tank. They should be able to keep the aggro off of others. Tau nt+wave is perfect for holding aggro.
    Support-the person/people who support the party and keeps them alive. Mostly, they make sure that the tank doesn't die. Holy priests are wonderful supports, because they can buff, heal, and revive dead members. Reviving means that if somebody dies, the priest can bring them back to life provide d that the priest doesn't die and/or the casting isn't cut off. This is very helpful.
    DPS- the person/people who do all of the heavy damage. Rangers, rouges, and mages are very good at this. Now, before you start crying and saying that priests and knights also can be perfectly good DPS's too, these are just the classes who normally fill that role. The role of a DPS might not sound so important, but in levels where monsters spawn more monsters, it's important to kill them off fast.

So, these are the simplest roles of a party. All parts of it are important, and you shouldn't push people into a role that they don't want to be in. Don't force priests to be your healing slave, and don't make the knights your tanking slave.

There is no set number for people in a certain role. Once, I was in a party with 3 priests. Whenever somebody died, one of them would resurrect that person. If two of the priests died, they would be the first to be resurrected. A lot of times we survived just because only one priest had survived. We made it all the way to about level 30 with that.

General Information
    • Most of the time, you should wait for the rest of your party before gong in
    • If possible, buff each other before going in and every few floors. Note: if two people have different levels of the same buff, such as Battle Hymn 1 and Battle Hymn 5, the person with Battle Hymn 5 should buff.
    • When you get in, you will get a buff that makes you invisible as long as you don't move. It lasts a minute. Moving will draw aggro to you.
    • It's advisable to give the tank party lead.
    • The tank should have wave on and use taunt, if possible.
    • If you're party members want to stop and have a break, do it. You don't want one of them leaving in the middle of a fight rushing off to the bathroom.
    • You can summon pets, but you also can't use pet potions. Do it at your own discretion.
    • Don't worry if you can't go too far at first. Remember, everybody starts out small.
    • If you can't get past a certain floor, just keep on trying!
    • After your party dies, go back to Ardhon the Guardian to get you experience.

Here's a video to give you a general idea of what ladder is like.

P.S. The video isn't mine.

Comment

what server are u from?

Comment

i dont believe classes are very important in ladder, i usually cannot blame one thing for being the problem, the class idea seems to work best for dungeons. When i feel we failed in ladder it is not because short a priest or whatever, its a number of different factors, i can get just as far in a strong party with a priest as i can in a strong party without a priest. for that one heal i needed from the priest i got the distraction from the second knight and voila same level, same time.

Comment

Originally posted by bobby1313 View Post
          i dont believe classes are very important in ladder, i usually cannot blame one thing for being the problem, the class idea seems to work best for dungeons. When i feel we failed in ladder it is not because short a priest or whatever, its a number of different factors, i can get just as far in a strong party with a priest as i can in a strong party without a priest. for that one heal i needed from the priest i got the distraction from the second knight and voila same level, same time.
          Really ? Then solo ladder lvl 75 if you can survive
          "Poison ? That's a merely dessert for a demon like me" - (S58)Mirajane

Comment

I'm on server 63.
            This guide is more of for low level people, so in them classes kind of matter. I agree that there is no one factor for failing, but this is a kind of big one.

Comment

Originally posted by lDemonMirajanel View Post
              Really ? Then solo ladder lvl 75 if you can survive
              lol i just can't past 55 ladder then 75 i have to be eidolon first

Comment

this isn't a logical comment doog, i didnt say parties were useless
                telling me to solo 75 moderator@
                have manners, dont be unprofessional

Comment

How to beat lv 66?

Comment

Originally posted by csat690 View Post
                    How to beat lv 66?
                    you just have to wait a minute the monsters there have a -50% def that lasts 1 min after that you can easily kill em

Comment

Working...
                    X