Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] A real way to reduce lags.

Sorry in advance for my bad english.

There is a guide that supposed to prevent you from lagging, 90% that he wrote is fake. Dont restart your pc and network if you start to lag, just close your browser.
    1. Download avira or microsoft essential or any other antivirus that you like.Microsoft essential almost dont waste resources, he is very good, but not best.
    2. Download Comodo firewall.Yes you will have annoing messages first time, but later it is ok.
    3. Download chrome(chrome work much faster than firefox, particularry with flash), install adblock for chrome, google adblock chrome, not adblock plus, altho they are same.
    4. Once in a few hours close and open chrome if you play alot flash games.
    5. To clear you cache go to tools-> parameters->history->clear-> you can uncheck passwords and autofill from list to not clear completly you histrory, so you can found all you sites again.

Pc protection software primary protect your memory and memory acces.Many keyloggers use global or targeted keyboard and mouse hooks, filter it and send what you type through internet, so never download any suspicious generators, since antiviruses wont detect them, thats why you need firewall.Its a good idea to check all your autostaring programm.Go to start in windows->type msconfig-> go to autostart and check for any suspitious programm.

Useful tools;
    Ccleaner - a great tool to make your pc faster by cleaning all that you dont need, dont forget to go to registry mode.
    SpeedFan - control you cpu temperature and automatically adjust fan speed, check automatic fan speed.
    Game booster - not really made for flash games, since it boost performance of specific application by closing all others, but it is useful for disabling unused servises.
    Latest flash player ofc.
    Speed up your DNS https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

In windows type dxdiag to see what video card you have and download latest drivers.
    Use the msconfig to disable unused startup programs.

These are most common.

If you have any others let me know.
    Last edited by R21931761; 09-30-2012, 08:18 AM.

steps 1+2 are completely irrelevevant to help reduce lag.. you could also try installing game booster, which helps with PC performance by temporarily stopping processes/applications that take up too much memory.

Comment

I know it is irrelivant, but its is a primary knowledge for all gamers. Game booster not really made for flash games.
      Last edited by R21931761; 09-30-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Erm. There are already guides out there that mentioned using chrome, clearing history, and using CCleaner...

And those guides are better because they include more tools and don't waste our time by mentioning antiviruses, firewalls, and obvious net safety rules. :/
        (S14)Squintina
        LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
        LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

I saw only one and it was totally missleading.

edit:
          If you can provide link it would be usefull, bcs i cant anything.
          Last edited by R21931761; 09-30-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R21931761 View Post
            I saw only one and it was totally missleading.

edit:
            If you can provide link it would be usefull, bcs i cant anything.
            http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....guide+ccleaner

^ has screenshots on how to clear on chrome as well as all the antivirus stuff and gamebooster stuff

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....guide+ccleaner
            ^ mentions Ccleaner
            (S14)Squintina
            LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
            LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Well first link for antiviruses guide is missleading.
              Second one is nice tho.

Comment

Working...
              X