Exp multiplication bug?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exp multiplication bug?

So I never really thought anything about this until today when I was watching my exp for kills.

Killing a mob granted me 256 exp per kill. Now I had a 2x exp card and was like "yea lets do that and get 500exp per kill instead"
    Well, heres the thing, activating it only granted me 384 exp per kill... Which in indeed not 2x the exp.

Whats up with this? Anyone else have something like this happen?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	524.1 KB
ID:	1764481

yup noticed it too 3x is kinda not 3x too but till now i thought maybe thats how it was supposed to work :/
    (-[>.<]-)

Comment

The exp multiplyers work funny in here. They go off whatever the base xp gain is. If you have VIP, there's a passive 1.5x multiplier on at all times that 2x cards ignore. For the sake of making the math easy here to explain, say a mob gives 100 xp per kill. Now say you have VIP, you'd see yourself getting 150 xp per kill. Now say you put on a 2x card. The 2x card would go off the 100xp base, and give an extra 100 xp per kill, so you'd end up with 250 xp a kill instead of 300. Now, say the guild in control of the land turns on seig. That's another 2x, which means again, another 100xp. Same goes for guild exp. If you have the guild skill that adds xp, again, 2x/3x cards will ignore that. Same for bonuses from Beast Heart sperion gem combo. All that stuff gets ignored and it goes off the base xp gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirys View Post
        The exp multiplyers work funny in here. They go off whatever the base xp gain is. If you have VIP, there's a passive 1.5x multiplier on at all times that 2x cards ignore. For the sake of making the math easy here to explain, say a mob gives 100 xp per kill. Now say you have VIP, you'd see yourself getting 150 xp per kill. Now say you put on a 2x card. The 2x card would go off the 100xp base, and give an extra 100 xp per kill, so you'd end up with 250 xp a kill instead of 300. Now, say the guild in control of the land turns on seig. That's another 2x, which means again, another 100xp. Same goes for guild exp. If you have the guild skill that adds xp, again, 2x/3x cards will ignore that. Same for bonuses from Beast Heart sperion gem combo. All that stuff gets ignored and it goes off the base xp gain.
        Which is good equation but as you can see fom my picture I am not even getting the base exp x2
        I am non VIP - Don't have anybeast soul nor any other form of exp gain. It's as base as it gets.

Comment

hmm.. looks like you gained exactly 1.5x from that 2x card. I did a quick test with an alt, a priest, and the xp seems to work as it should for other classes. Here's the xp gain from a priest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	xp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1706464

It's hard to tell exactly if my beastmaster works correctly, as i have lvl 7 enhanced developement guild skill on it and that 21% gain throws off the math a little (21 isn't a nice number so determining what the base xp is to test is difficult), but the numbers I was seeing was 660~ base, 930~ with a 1.5x card, and 1220~ with a 2x, looked to work correctly for me. I thought it might be a beastmaster bug (wouldn't surprise me with the numbers of other bugs the class still has) but the numbers I saw on a test seem to make it appear to be just a bug on your end. Saddly, I was dumb and forgot a screen shot of the xp gain with the various xp cards on.

Comment

Don't forget the exp you get from most mobs is also affected by your level. usually around the same level you gain more. and it looked like the base of that mob at youre level is 128. the bonus exp you get from being near the same level is x2 (256). plus 2 exp card (+128 more) for a total of 384. As far as tg goes, the mobs give the same exact exp regardless of your level. Which is why you receive exactly double, that is if you have nothing else on.
            Firekitty
            S63 Hellstorm
            Info: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comment

Originally posted by KitN_Bloodwell View Post
              Don't forget the exp you get from most mobs is also affected by your level. usually around the same level you gain more. and it looked like the base of that mob at youre level is 128. the bonus exp you get from being near the same level is x2 (256). plus 2 exp card (+128 more) for a total of 384. As far as tg goes, the mobs give the same exact exp regardless of your level. Which is why you receive exactly double, that is if you have nothing else on.
              Hmm ok that could explain it, since I always figured it was[ base exp -%(based on levels away from mob level) = exp gained]

Comment

Working...
              X