Donation time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donation time!

Well I figured I was going to try something and donate to cancer research through the server.
    So I put up buying PC for peoples "donations" of in game stuff to me donating towards the foundation.
    The rate was every 100PC = $10 donation [which I was buying the PC for 1g each anyways so they still got something]
    [I found that pretty reasonable for a server that's been up for years] S58+all attached servers.

What I ended up with was a bunch of people flaming and throwing up Cancer jokes left and right. Honestly it's sad but hey, lots of little kids play this right? Anyways I ended up making 300PC for
    $30. Wasn't as much as I hopped but it's something and some people I thank for caring and donating [selling] as for the others, I hope you seek mental help

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1764843

I Hope we can raise more next time! Go go s58!!!!
    Last edited by xVinylScratchx; 01-16-2015, 08:06 PM.

That sounds like a lot of unnecessary effort that I refuse to put in.
    #ThatPvPLyfe

Comment

Originally posted by iTz_SoN View Post
      That sounds like a lot of unnecessary effort that I refuse to put in.
      You selling your unused Purified Crystal to someone for them to donate to a charity sounds like unnecessary effort? Man you have issues. Please get some therapy.

Comment

Not everybody in this world is kind enough to donate to a charity. Just because they don't want to donate to a charity it means they need to get therapy? That's sheer ignorance. With needing a lot of PCs as it is to upgrade Soul, I'd rather keep them than give them to you just to donate $10 to charity per 100 PCs.
        #ThatPvPLyfe

Comment

Hey Vinyl this is a really awesome idea. If you somehow came to my server (s61) I would sell yuh thousands of pc. What a wonderful person. We need more people like you
          💎Crystal Saga💎
          ☆Game Name: (s61)kanyo™
          ☆Death Tank
          ☆PvP King at your service
          ☆Class:Knight
          Upgrading a system and seeing the new *look* it gives is one of the best feelings huh? 😅

“You’re more important than my sword. …But just a little.”
          — Angeal (Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco
            nice seeing ya back! hope that wasn't RWT though ;/ have a few suggestions made that support some charities if want to vote on them. asking in game is kinda against the rules(wont condone if they broke chat rules as well but they do have a reason to be upset) which is why I've asked R2 to do a official event for such things for the people interested (no obligation), can always add to the suggestions made as well
            The way I did it was under no terms paying in game items for real money, as I put I was simply buying for gold but decided to hold a personal quota for a number of PC to my donation [which i do every year]
            So players still recieved their gold in game 1g per peice like normal but i just took count of how much was being bought.
            I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of event for it. Would be nice.

Not everybody in this world is kind enough to donate to a charity. Just because they don't want to donate to a charity it means they need to get therapy? That's sheer ignorance. With needing a lot of PCs as it is to upgrade Soul, I'd rather keep them than give them to you just to donate $10 to charity per 100 PCs.
            No, because you obviously have issues "unnecessary effort you put in" really? It's not about you having to go farm as much as possible. It's me BUYING them for regular price and just HAPPEN to be donating MY money to a charity based on the sales. If you don't want to do it, you never had to, but commenting as though you were "burdened" with some responsibility makes you just as bad as the people who only care to harass the handicapped and cancer patients. So yes, my words still do stand, you need mental help.

Comment

Nah just like the people in the server, it was showing how I didn't care overall about the idea. 49 PCs a day from doing Exelorn is pretty good and I could get that in two days but yes, I do consider it a "burden" because it's still "me" having to put in "effort" to "farm" those PCs.

Now I'll just clear some things up here. Do I harass handicapped and cancer patients? No I don't. Actually, at my job, I help out a couple of handicapped customers that use wheelchairs and with the condensed space that our store has means that I will stick by them for the tough parts of the store so that they can shop with no regard to their handicapped status. Cancer patients, well, we'll save that for another time we have a great chat like this again. C:

Last but not least my dear fellow forum user, do I need mental help? Again, it doesn't seem like it because I don't seem to "harass" the above stated in real life nor would I online on the interwebz good sir.

Hey though, that's just based off the way that you saw me comment and I was just responding to that current point of view you have. This could still turn around. C;
              #ThatPvPLyfe

Comment

Nah just like the people in the server, it was showing how I didn't care overall about the idea. 49 PCs a day from doing Exelorn is pretty good and I could get that in two days but yes, I do consider it a "burden" because it's still "me" having to put in "effort" to "farm" those PCs.

Now I'll just clear some things up here. Do I harass handicapped and cancer patients? No I don't. Actually, at my job, I help out a couple of handicapped customers that use wheelchairs and with the condensed space that our store has means that I will stick by them for the tough parts of the store so that they can shop with no regard to their handicapped status. Cancer patients, well, we'll save that for another time we have a great chat like this again. C:

Last but not least my dear fellow forum user, do I need mental help? Again, it doesn't seem like it because I don't seem to "harass" the above stated in real life nor would I online on the interwebz good sir.

Hey though, that's just based off the way that you saw me comment and I was just responding to that current point of view you have. This could still turn around. C;
                And again I will point out that you "DONT" have to farm those PC's nor do you have to participate in the least. This was an OPTIONAL thing. Which means that you complaining about it is utterly rediculous. No one forced you to do anything, no one said "hey you have to spend all your PC right now", no.

And as far as the current point of view, if you couldn't read before, I will state it again here. The others that I previously mention as needing mental help are the ones I talk about flaming, harassing, and belittling. And as far as I'm concerned they need mental help. You chime in about "unnessisary effort". Cool. You could have kept that to yourself instead of trying to throw in your opinion of belittling the charity that I myself put up in order to help others, and like before stated, it wasn't even players "donating" it was simply me buying them like I ALWAYS do for the SAME price. I just decided to hold it as something more for an item in a video game that is easily obtainable, players can sell even 1 or none, and multiple people can sell to.

No one made you the "sole proprietor" of selling me PC. Theres over 500 players [probably more] sitting around that all might want to throw a PC or 2 towards the cause and get the gold they would for selling it to guy x over in the corner instead.

Comment

Working...
                X