BOTS are showing up in crypt again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOTS are showing up in crypt again

If you saw how they run thru the crypt, the toon is a bot operating on a macro/script - they move go in a circle to each teleportor but only change level at the correct one.
    So not sure how they are identifying that its the correct one but they are.
    been going on for a week or so -
    Plus look at the level and stats - this is not the toon of a person - its a bot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cs-bots crypt1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1772599
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cs-bot-crypt1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1772600

As there is no filtering system to prevent bots from winning Crypt, you will need to report them via ticket here: http://support.r2games.com/. Include the suspected bots' IGNs along with the server, the screenshot you've provided here, and a brief description of their interference. The GMs will review your case from there and proceed as necessary.

Comment

Reverie, You really need to ask the mods to find a new way to report masses instead of individual bots.
      Those bots will easily be replaced one after the other and reporting indivual bots is just time consuming for the player to do, especially when people know it'll get them no where
      Server: (S73)Green Plains
      IGN: (S73)Aura
      Level: 180 eido
      Class: Rogue
      Guild: 憎悪 (Hatred)

"You can read, but knowledge is only information.
      Wisdom is translating that knowledge to application."

K - Rino

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJo View Post
        Reverie, You really need to ask the mods to find a new way to report masses instead of individual bots.
        Those bots will easily be replaced one after the other and reporting indivual bots is just time consuming for the player to do, especially when people know it'll get them no where
        The reason why the GMs require individual bot IGNs is because they need to investigate and confirm that the toon is actually a bot before banning it (assuming they're not the bots who advertise in WC, of which are instantly branded bots and banned when reported). There has been a few occasions where players reported "bots" which actually turned out to be player alts, which could have been quite messy if they had been banned unnecessarily.

Needless to say that players who are taking the time to report them are not limited to a single bot per ticket; you may include a list of suspected bot IGNs and the team will proceed from there.
        Last edited by Reverie; 05-14-2015, 07:18 AM.

Comment

guess I'm just the little dutch boy with my finger in the dyke. Maybe Don Quixote would be a more appropriate reference. Either way, thank you for the responses.
          Does R2 still claim no hacks exist for Crystal Saga? I'm still scratching my head at how the bots pick the teleporter every time. The first time I saw them running, I figured it must have been coded based the "order" having been made public. But I have since seen them go from the very start, so its not like there was preset sequence to follow. Somehow, its able to determine which teleporter is the correct one by interacting with it.

As far as a list on one ticket - that sounds like a plan.

Comment

I'll take my shot at explaining this.

First of all I would like to say that I am not part of your servergroup so I don't know what's going on there and will only try to explain how the bots seem to know which teleporter is the correct one.

It might seem pretty complicated but is quite simple. Consider the following scenario:

1) 3 bots enter the crypt before everyone else (literally the split second it opens - since it's a program there is no human reaction time, the only limit is how fast the information reaches the computer).
            2) Each of the 3 bots takes 1 teleporter. In this step 2/3 bots fail but one is succesful and the other 2 just follow his lead. This point repeats itself for all floors - they bots that fail just catch up to the one that was right (floor detection system is most likely in place).
            3) Once the first bot reaches the top the code has been saved in the whole bot management system and any other bots that need the exp / medals / comp packs can follow picking the right teleporter every time.

To answer the question from your previous post - depends how you define "hack". The above system might work by merely replying to the packages sent by the server over a simulated socket (one as the game would create) from a user written program. This method would drastically decrease the resources needed to run the bot, meaning you could run hundreds if not thousands per regular laptop. Then again it might just be a dumb color picking bot with some computer vision ( python + openCV seem to do the job more than sufficiently).
            After explaining how it might work if the codes were not released I would like to address the possibility as well. For all we know the cryptcodes might be in a loop like other things *cough*events*cough*. Then again implementation of a randomly generated crypt code daily is trivial and that's why I am leaning towards the first option.

All from me, hope this helps shed some light on the situation.

Comment

ticket filed for (S1)OMG, (S9)goongoongoon, (S20)sunofbeach - all 3 are bots operating in crypt on S3 Kaymo Mountain
              ticket #430315
              10/12/15 1st: (S1)OMG, 2nd: (S9)goongoongoon, 3rd: (S20)sunofbeach
              10/13/15 1st: (S1)OMG, 2nd: (S20)sunofbeach
              Last edited by R2553437; 10-13-2015, 08:20 PM. Reason: on going record

Comment

Working...
              X