Content Updates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content Updates?

Just curious, why doesn't R2 let players have knowledge of the future content updates? It is usually a good idea for game developers to perform or release future patch content to the public. Probably one to two month prior to release date to keep the players interested as well as their hopes up for the game.

I introduced my friends to the game but I didn't know what to reply when I was asked about the upcoming features.

I'm sure like me, all the other players are eager to know R2's plans..

Make it the same as Wartune's previews on updates. Huge thread with videoclips about new content. All we get a "server maintenance on XX/XX/XX date, please keep an eye on this thread for more information", which often leads to an empty thread.
    It's getting really obvious R2 is focussing on WT instead of CS the last few months. +13 -> +15 ? can't have taken months of preparation when the server's were down for only 15 min. WT: new mounts, new guild stuff, new gear, another mount from the event. 3hrs down for maint. C'mon show us some love too.
    Crystal Saga:
    IGN: speeds
    Server: Windshear Peaks
    Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
    Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
    Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
    IGN: Speeds16
    Server: Temple of Ibalize
    Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

Quite simply- because things happen. At any moment there could be another patch that needs to happen before an update. Or, there could be major issues with an update and it gets postponed indefinitely. Or, it could be changed from what they originally planned to do or perhaps it will work in a different way.

Now, picture this- they post threads saying "Coming Soon". Players see it and it's something they really, really want to see happen. So, first thing they do is post in the thread asking "when when when???", then they see their answer isn't coming so they start posting oodles of new threads to ask "when when when???". Meanwhile, they are also preparing as much as they can ingame for what they are hoping to see "soon".

A month goes by, people are still posting in the original thread and creating new threads faster than we can close them for sheer repetitiveness. Then, two months goes by and now people are getting angry about all those posts going unanswered. Then, R2 comes in and goes "Sorry, but due to unforeseen whatevers, this release is cancelled/postponed indefinitely".

I foresee a lynch mob forming after all that hoping and waiting and wasted time preparing, along with accusations of unfulfilled promises causing staff to revert to the "It's a secret until it's posted in the patch notes after maintenance" approach.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Then howcome it does work for Wartunes?
        Your example is good tho, it has happened with an SS-event (first one I recall) that got postponed by a week because it did work on their testserver, but not on the live-server. They told us it would be next week: it's all good. And yes you'll always keep those people who can't read and continue to post 3 identical threads one right after another, but you can't make the majority of the community be the victim of those few probably kids or those who aren't too good at english.

Many still prefer to know what's coming up next, what is being worked on. We don't need a deadline, an indication works fine. We know maintenance comes every week at the same time. So every week there's a possiblity on new content or another event. And yeh I do hope on new content every week >>.
        Bug-threads get a reply as "we'll fix it with one of our weekly maintenances soon", ok bad line since most of these never happen after all, but a similair answer would suffice for new content if it really is being made and released next up. (my estimate is that once you are able to announce and put screenshots together of new content, it shouldn't be more than a month before it's Live)

So straight onto topic, new content let us know what you're aiming at or working on and who knows we can give better feedback on it once it's released, know what to look for. That is again if they do get fixed and not tossed in-game and we gotta deal with the hiccups in it. Examples-a-plenty.
        Crystal Saga:
        IGN: speeds
        Server: Windshear Peaks
        Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
        Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
        Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
        IGN: Speeds16
        Server: Temple of Ibalize
        Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

Communication is all that matters. It worked for level cap raise, it worked for frag.
          If the GMs would communicate with their community, then people wouldn't constantly ask "when when when" because they would have an idea of the progress,
          But for now, all we get is nothing. Except for the few posts when GMs don't understand what bugs people are talking about and the only successful bug fixes, which get announced in threads, are mere typos.

Comment

Working...
          X