Pointless Peridot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointless Peridot?

Have been looking at these new peridot gems and it seems they are massively underpowered.

+355 hp regain for an immaculate gem.... 355 hp every 3 seconds. This game is well beyond that being a useful amount with people hitting 100k+ in some cases and pvp is often over in 3 seconds. An immaculate fire opal increases critical damage by 15%, with attacks often 50k plus its easy to see 355 hp regain is a waste of a socket.

I'm a protection knight and have nice hp. I figured out If I added 12 immaculate peridot gems to equips I would get less than 2% heal every 3 seconds. Anyone playing the game at high lvls (which you honestly need to get immaculate gems surely) knows this is useless. Using the same socket space I can more than double critical defence using citrine gems, which will save me a lot more hp than a 1.7% regain.

It just seems these gems have been left behind in a time of low attacks and hp. Useless?

Edit: Forgot to mention this is also no help in PvE.
    Last edited by voltaged; 12-18-2012, 02:50 AM.

yeah, I was wondering about this too, this is even more useless than Emerald, and to add the bad things on it, it can't be converted into coupons. I really don't see any use of Peridot gems in the future too, maybe to upgrade Immac Jade to legendary or 10 % unseal stats ?

Even if it's at 3550 hp per 3 seconds, would it be considered useful ? It really can only be useful if the stats are in %.

Comment

Originally posted by voltaged View Post
      Have been looking at these new peridot gems and it seems they are massively underpowered.

+355 hp regain for an immaculate gem.... 355 hp every 3 seconds. This game is well beyond that being a useful amount with people hitting 100k+ in some cases and pvp is often over in 3 seconds. An immaculate fire opal increases critical damage by 15%, with attacks often 50k plus its easy to see 355 hp regain is a waste of a socket.

I'm a protection knight and have nice hp. I figured out If I added 12 immaculate peridot gems to equips I would get less than 2% heal every 3 seconds. Anyone playing the game at high lvls (which you honestly need to get immaculate gems surely) knows this is useless. Using the same socket space I can more than double critical defence using citrine gems, which will save me a lot more hp than a 1.7% regain.

It just seems these gems have been left behind in a time of low attacks and hp. Useless?

Edit: Forgot to mention this is also no help in PvE.
      I'm a priest and so I have a passive skill that lets me have a % of my HP every 3 seconds (essentially what these new gems do). It's not amazing but it's wonderful to have. First, it makes bath soloable. It also helps reduce potion usage in long battles. Now I don't know how strong you are, maybe you can kill all bosses really fast, but there are weaker players out there that take 1-3 minutes on the tougher dungeon bosses. Having that extra regen, essentially a second potion, can make a big difference for such players. Don't forget there are other classes than knights and they might not have as much HP as you do. 12 immaculate periods might equal a lot more than 2% for those other players.

For someone who's already really strong, yes, it's not worth it, but others might feel differently. Bosses don't always crit, so crit defence might not help that much in PVE, but a constant regen can be very useful, particularly in Exelorn. Remember, not every high level person is strong. There are fail eidolons, fail scions, and recently high level mortals that don't have much soul/gems invested. What's useless for one can be useful for another.

Additionally it might help in Treasure Trove (floor 3) and Survival of the Fittest.
      (S14)Squintina
      LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
      LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

The weaker players cant afford immaculate so your arguement is void. Immaculate gems are for top line pro players, so they should be scaled towards them, not scaled down because it could make a lower lvl player more OP if he buys them early.

Comment

HP Regen Gem should regen HP%...

Comment

Originally posted by Dinomite07 View Post
            HP Regen Gem should regen HP%...
            Tbh pretty much everything SHOULD be percentual based..
            Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Originally posted by ragex0411 View Post
              The weaker players cant afford immaculate so your arguement is void. Immaculate gems are for top line pro players, so they should be scaled towards them, not scaled down because it could make a lower lvl player more OP if he buys them early.
              You'd be surprised. By weaker player, I obviously don't mean lvl 50 mortals.. I did mention fail scions/eidolons. I know quite a few (won't give names as that would be insulting) that have a few immaculate gems. They don't have a whole set, but they have a few. They're usually "fail" because of lack of soul, not having a complete set, and having poorly enchanted gear. I also gave various other reasons such as bath, treasure trove floor 3, surival of the fittest, and having essentially 2 potions at once, and I also mentioned that for non-knight classes, those amounts lead to a lot more than just 2%. Not everyone has massive amounts of HP.

So to say that my argument is void is quite void in itself. I gave multiple scenarios. Only really the newly 80+ mortal would not be able to get at least 1 immaculate gem. Other players that are still "weak" can still get a few immaculates.
              (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
              LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

fail scions/eidolons might have few immac, but we're talking about making immac peridot, even though monsters and exelorn drop them, the drop rate is much less than the others, so sacrificing other gems to make a bound peridot ?

Which one would you choose convert gems to Topaz bound or Peridot bound ? Let's say you don't need topaz or ruby, either one, but doesn't your pet need it ? or if your pet doesn't need it Wouldn't it be a much better idea to sell it, and buy other useful upgrades such as sperions that can make tons of difference ? additional 7-10 k matk/patk vs let's say 2-3 k hp regen per 3 secs.

Bath = won't be useful, if someone is really a fail scion/eidolon, who cares about leveling up ? a 1-2 % exp difference won't kill anyone. Troves Floor 3, there are some spots that are free of lightning, just hide inside there and use pots or sit. not sure why do you need to hurry ? If you're a fail scion/eidolon, you won't get treasure A & S anyway. Survival, pffttt, it seems like you're just making excuses or something to make this gem useful... to win guru, master, elite, you just need to be fast and the only thing that can damage you inside that is the fire, who is so stupid to just standing on the fire doing nothing ? Getting hit by slayer ? these hp regens won't help at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Botolminum View Post
                  fail scions/eidolons might have few immac, but we're talking about making immac peridot, even though monsters and exelorn drop them, the drop rate is much less than the others, so sacrificing other gems to make a bound peridot ?

Which one would you choose convert gems to Topaz bound or Peridot bound ? Let's say you don't need topaz or ruby, either one, but doesn't your pet need it ? or if your pet doesn't need it Wouldn't it be a much better idea to sell it, and buy other useful upgrades such as sperions that can make tons of difference ? additional 7-10 k matk/patk vs let's say 2-3 k hp regen per 3 secs.

Bath = won't be useful, if someone is really a fail scion/eidolon, who cares about leveling up ? a 1-2 % exp difference won't kill anyone. Troves Floor 3, there are some spots that are free of lightning, just hide inside there and use pots or sit. not sure why do you need to hurry ? If you're a fail scion/eidolon, you won't get treasure A & S anyway. Survival, pffttt, it seems like you're just making excuses or something to make this gem useful... to win guru, master, elite, you just need to be fast and the only thing that can damage you inside that is the fire, who is so stupid to just standing on the fire doing nothing ? Getting hit by slayer ? these hp regens won't help at all.
                  Ok fine then, one more scenario: to give it to an alt. If you're not using the peridot, give it to an alt. You can equip it to helm and it can help them survive dungeons and such if you didn't invest in other kinds of gems for them (because you're hogging them for yourself).

BTW if you have any toons on S14 that are getting peridots you don't want, please give them to me. My mage alt could use them.
                  (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
                  LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

blood priests and knights have most hp
                    blood priest is a non-knight class
                    "I also mentioned that for non-knight classes, those amounts lead to a lot more than just 2%. Not everyone has massive amounts of HP." (S14)Squintina

Comment

Originally posted by Dinomite07 View Post
                      blood priests and knights have most hp
                      blood priest is a non-knight class
                      "I also mentioned that for non-knight classes, those amounts lead to a lot more than just 2%. Not everyone has massive amounts of HP." (S14)Squintina
                      Ok, there's still rangers, mages, non-blood priests. I swear you people are so nitpicky. My point is just because it's pointless to one person, doesn't mean it's pointless to everyone. There are benefits but not everything will benefit everyone.

Heck, I tried to buy some on my server and no one who had any wanted to sell them because they were all saving them for their ladder tanks - and those are prot knights! They don't care that it's less than 2% HP - every little bit helps when you're in a long battle trying to survive.

They're not pointless. Someone out there wants it. If you don't want it, sell it to someone who does.
                      (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
                      LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Sadly useless for us rogues, though xD We can't really survive those long battles.
                        I order you to die. You have no hope. I am the shadows lurking in your vision, and the monsters hiding underneath your bed. I am your nightmare.

Comment

When you're a rogue you don't usually end up in long battles unless you're fighting a character specifically made to kill rogues and you know how to survive that if you haven't been 1hit KOed. I find it useful for afk grinding in higher leveled areas where the mobs actually do do some amount of damage. And immaculate gems are't hard to get. If you afk in elite plenty areas and do your daily dungeons, it's pretty easy.
                          Server: [S60]Extingent Bluff
                          IGN: Silverblitz
                          Guild: Apocalypse
                          Class: Shadow Rogue/Combat Passive Hybrid
                          Lv: 123 Eidolon
                          Honor: Emperor
                          Pets: Burning Angel Gen 2 (Gideon), Demon King (Battousai), Golden Teddy (RageBaka)

Comment

To some Peridot is usefull and why do keep making excuse of fail scion/eidolon
                            why choose them if you're a fail why would you even bother getting them if you dont like them so stop this nonsense

Comment

A rogue in my guild worked on peridots as a side project.
                              He can solo bath with holy water + sitting so long as he has atleast ~1500 hp regen and 180k hp
                              ^There's one applicability right there XD
                              But yes, peridots are equally useless as sapphires/ambers endgame

As per your critine gem argument, you can cap on crit reduction without using crit gems
                              Assuming the 4% per 10 crit def is true, you only need 250 to cap
                              Sith's Priest Guide

Comment

Working...
                              X