Ranger Skill Strong Shot no longer useless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger Skill Strong Shot no longer useless

Every ranger knows when you're scion / eidolon strong shot becomes useless in pvp and pve cause the 3 second cast time. Tonight while fighting the exe bosses in SG I stumbled upon something pretty sweet that I never noticed before. If you time/use strong shot when the demonic gift VII attack speed buff is active strong shot takes about 1 second to cast. Unbuffed my highest crit with it was 320k+ I'm guessing it would be a lot higher with scion priest buffs. Since it's a fast cast used in combination with demonic gift it could become very useful in PvP again and pve being as it's our strongest attack. I tired it in hellstorm tonight and it was more effective than rage explosion. The only set backs are waiting for the atk spd buff to activate and if you time it wrong then you're stuck casting SS for 3 seconds instead of 1. I probably would have found this a lot sooner than now, but I haven't used SS since I was mortal and I'm eidolon atm, just randomly decided to put it in my hotkey and try it tonight for some reason. Anyway thought I'd share this I know it was a very pleasant surprise for me, enjoy!
    Last edited by xXPesmergaXx; 03-27-2013, 01:55 AM.
    IronSight
    Kong server 5
    Apocalypse guild
    Ranger Eidolon lvl 150
    Infinite Prestige title & BoL broken as a non-casher. Fused pure gen 1 kilin
    Gen 3 Morphed Swordovan (Excalibur), Gen 4 Guardian Angel, Demon King, Cupid, Bunny etc...

Strongshot doesnt improve your DPS if you use it in the middle of your skills. the 3sec casttime and a big hit isn't better than 3-5 hits in between. That's howfar I gotten with my math about this anyways.
    The Demonic Gift buff improved attack speed as well so your usual attacks go just as faster. Strongshot is still the only use when someone's sleeptrapped.
    Crystal Saga:
    IGN: speeds
    Server: Windshear Peaks
    Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
    Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
    Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
    IGN: Speeds16
    Server: Temple of Ibalize
    Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

You didn't know that you can combo demonic gift with SS? Boy you're in for more surprises. The trick to using this is to cast strong shot when the 2 second buff almost ends, and the entire 3 second channeling will be done with 350%+ cast speed.

Comment

@ speed - yeah I figured that in my normal attacks may add more dps over the same amount of time, but if SS lucky crits and is casted in about a second with demonic gift then it's more dps in the same amount of time. Well for me anyway having normal crits of 90 -100k and SS being 320k+ unbuffed. In a PvP setting though not many people on my server have anywhere near 300k+ hp so it's a fast one hit if I time it right. I used it on a knight with very high defense and it one hitted him yet rage explosion only took his hp down to 20%. I see your point though, it's just nice that SS doesn't seem so useless anymore.

@ Jerry - More tricks? do tell
        IronSight
        Kong server 5
        Apocalypse guild
        Ranger Eidolon lvl 150
        Infinite Prestige title & BoL broken as a non-casher. Fused pure gen 1 kilin
        Gen 3 Morphed Swordovan (Excalibur), Gen 4 Guardian Angel, Demon King, Cupid, Bunny etc...

Comment

Working...
        X