Afk spots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afk spots

On the issue of people who come and afk over where others are already afking. I think this comes down to a general lack of respect. If I go somewhere and see someone already there I will switch L, its not that hard and what do I lose by switching? Nothing at all. When u walk into a movie theater or resturant do u just go sit at some strangers table? Do u sit on them rather than find ur own chair? Of course u dont as we have a thing called boundaries that most human beings naturally respect so come on people lets be nicer and more mature shall we?
    Thorne

Shadow Guild
    Eidolon Rogue
    Angel Island
    Pets: FireLord, Burning Angel, Super Demon, Super Angel, Teeka, Bald Eagle, Baby Demon, Baby Angel, Bonosaurus, Demon King

Mounts: Gryphon, Bunny, Alicorn, Battle Bear

Coke
    Shadow Guild
    Mortal
    Ranger

Brakyn
    Shadow Guild
    Mortal
    Mage

Only the weak pick on the weak :rolleyes:

As you are saying... RESPECT means setting some boundaries

Comment

By respect he means having the courtesy not to bash into someone's grinding-spot and cause both players to loose more kills, but to find your own spot/ "table" so you can both work as efficiently as possible.
      Le derp alt. I remembered I'm logged on this account after I posted.
      IGN: Smurfs16
      Server: Windshear peaks - Emperor
      [Eidolon] Holy priest Lv100 supporting with curses.

Comment

if you do naturally respectful, if you do nicer people, if you do more mature one then y dont you switch instances
        being there first doesnt mean you own the instance, nicer people find it aint hard, mature people lose nothing
        just switch instance, let them be, and nothing else matter
        They told me that to make you fall in love with me, I had to make you laugh...
        But everytime you laugh, I'm the one who falls in love...

Comment

Originally posted by elsage View Post
          if you do naturally respectful, if you do nicer people, if you do more mature one then y dont you switch instances
          being there first doesnt mean you own the instance, nicer people find it aint hard, mature people lose nothing
          Im not saying people own the spot but the thing is many people afk over night so the person who comes along 2nd should be courtious to the person who was already there as the first person may not be at there comp. Also what ur saying makes no sense, (and I believe u said it to stir trouble) its along the same lines as u saying if someone has there car parked they should go move it if someone else comes along and wants that spot and thats just silly. I swear some people come to forum just to try to start fights by saying silly things but I wont fight I just say my opinion on the sillyness
          Last edited by Thorn83; 08-03-2012, 06:47 PM.
          Thorne

Shadow Guild
          Eidolon Rogue
          Angel Island
          Pets: FireLord, Burning Angel, Super Demon, Super Angel, Teeka, Bald Eagle, Baby Demon, Baby Angel, Bonosaurus, Demon King

Mounts: Gryphon, Bunny, Alicorn, Battle Bear

Coke
          Shadow Guild
          Mortal
          Ranger

Brakyn
          Shadow Guild
          Mortal
          Mage

Only the weak pick on the weak :rolleyes:

Comment

illustrating this to a parked car isnt make sense to me,,, oh well nvm

Comment

​hmm got a point there ....oh well
              SilverMaiden

Comment

That's exactly what it is: the person who was there first, has "claimed" the spot just like anyone who parked their car there "claimed" that parking spot for the time they are AFK/away. The second person coming there should have the respect to find another spot, on another level or another map if all levels are taken. It's basic common sense really, first come, first serve.
                IGN: Sigrun
                Server: Windshear Peaks
                [Eidolon]lvl 120 Hybrid Mage
                [Eidolon]lvl 120 Hybrid Priest alt: Saeunn
                Proud owner of an [Eidolon]lvl 120 husband, parallel parked outside

Wartune Temple of Ibalize
                Sigrun
                Mage lvl 38

Comment

i see....,,,,

Comment

Drives me nuts when people do this. And if you see it happen and ask them to move to a different instance they get pissy with you. I happen to be a very courtious person when it comes to grind spots and I actually check the whole area if it is a smaller map.

But if the map is not too small grinding with a small overlap with someone else actually increases torch drops. I do it all the time with my friends and we probably get 3 to 4 times more torchs than grinding alone. So if someone is in grinding on top of you then it would be good to ask them to move over to a couple screens away. That way the torch drop increases
                    Server: (S39) Erie Marsh
                    Character: Jessie
                    Class: Priest
                    Level: 106+
                    Plane Eidolon
                    Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

i also agree with thorne as afk = away from keyboard so if im under afk protection and someone else comes and kills over the top of me how can i be respectful and change instances when im sleeping i always make sure there is no-one afking where i set my toon grinding . as an example i had to kill 180 monsters in the new area but all 5 instances where taken by players afk grinding for seeds during the event so al i did was check every hour or so til some one had left completed my quest whilst they where gone and retreated bak to my own grind spot
                      PETS : DK FL super demon super angel teeka bald eagle baby demon baby angel
                      SERVER: Angel Island
                      TOON TYPE: knight
                      GUILD: (S23) Shadow
                      GUILD POSITION: assistant GM

Comment

Originally posted by elsage View Post
                        If you're in AFK mode, the chances are you're not near your computer. Meaning you can't tell whether someone is wants your spot. Meaning you couldn't change instances, even if you wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithy84 View Post
                          i also agree with thorne as afk = away from keyboard so if im under afk protection and someone else comes and kills over the top of me how can i be respectful and change instances when im sleeping i always make sure there is no-one afking where i set my toon grinding . as an example i had to kill 180 monsters in the new area but all 5 instances where taken by players afk grinding for seeds during the event so al i did was check every hour or so til some one had left completed my quest whilst they where gone and retreated bak to my own grind spot
                          Originally posted by EgotisticalSlug View Post
                          If you're in AFK mode, the chances are you're not near your computer. Meaning you can't tell whether someone is wants your spot. Meaning you couldn't change instances, even if you wanted to.
                          He doesn't mean YOU should change instance when you're afk, he means those who come into the place where you're already grinding in start to grind on top of you. They should be the one moving instance as you are gone/afk/sleeping/already claimed the spot.
                          Crystal Saga:
                          IGN: speeds
                          Server: Windshear Peaks
                          Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
                          Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
                          Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
                          IGN: Speeds16
                          Server: Temple of Ibalize
                          Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

What if there are afk players in all 5 instances? This usuall doesn't happen, but a lot of people are using afk to get orange seeds.

Comment

Then find somewhere else to grind. Or choose a different part of the map. Most maps are large enough for more than one person to grind...
                              Server: (S39) Erie Marsh
                              Character: Jessie
                              Class: Priest
                              Level: 106+
                              Plane Eidolon
                              Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

Working...
                              X