regarding avernal realm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regarding avernal realm

Many people have had complaints about the passive skills of the frag weapons in avernal realm ruining the competition and the fun because of the attack speed of high level rogues. i completely understand where theyre coming from but in all fairness those high level rogues worked hard to get there and many of them spent a lot of money as well. so those few players deserve to be topping the ranks in that event.

i think the real problems with avernal realm are how the knights and rogues that arent maxed level with op stats arent able to put up much on the scoreboard. the reasons for that being overcrowding and ranged classes being cheap and using knockback and drag skills. like a ranger with tidal arrow and a super angel, then switching to bone dragon, and back to super angel to keep the melee players running back and forth, if not thru portals..and the only reason rogues and knights ever come close is because knights have dragon hook, without it theyd be left in the dust.

the over crowding is a simple fix A. make a 3rd level margin from 121+ to reduce the crowds, and/or B. add 2 more banes in to the empty squares.

i think the knockback and drag skills need to be disabled on players, pets and sperions inside avernal realm ESPECIALLY if theyre planning on nerfing the perfect frag skills inside of AR. if they nerf the frag and do nothing about the knockback and drag skills (which i consider to be cheating) then you might as well remove the event completely and replace it with something else.

Actually the major issue on rogues using the perfect frag skills is they get to attack multiple times (2) with their default attack, combined with several multi hit skills being able to activate it. This makes it so they effectively have double the chances of an equal character of any other class if not more. Everyone knows frag activations are the only things that really matter in AR, so that is why they are unfair. If rogues won because of their high attack speed letting them out DPS others I wouldn't complain, my only complaint is AR is basically a lottery, and rogues get 2x the entries of everyone else by default.

That said I do agree push and drag skills need to be deactivated, they are unfair too. The event is meant to be who can do the most damage, not who wins the lottery, or who can jerk the enemies around the most.

Comment

Originally posted by JPwayne82444 View Post
      Actually the major issue on rogues using the perfect frag skills is they get to attack multiple times (2) with their default attack, combined with several multi hit skills being able to activate it. This makes it so they effectively have double the chances of an equal character of any other class if not more. Everyone knows frag activations are the only things that really matter in AR, so that is why they are unfair. If rogues won because of their high attack speed letting them out DPS others I wouldn't complain, my only complaint is AR is basically a lottery, and rogues get 2x the entries of everyone else by default.

That said I do agree push and drag skills need to be deactivated, they are unfair too. The event is meant to be who can do the most damage, not who wins the lottery, or who can jerk the enemies around the most.
      yeah but im pretty sure the rogue passives activate half as often (% wise) as the other classes, and i know at least 2 other classes with multi hit skills. (and yes i know, rogues have quickdeath, 10 hits in 2 seconds)
      in realm when theres no pushing and dragging going on me and m5 (mage) stay fairly close even tho i only use triple strike quickdeath and my basic attack.

Comment

Rogues have half the activation % on frost, perfect frag skills rogues have the same activation chances. As for you and M5 staying close, maybe he has more attack speed than you? If not then you likely just have bad luck. I really can't think of any other reason, given that you would be hitting more than him with the same attack speed, and it really is just a lottery as it is now.

Comment

i think he has a better frag, but idk about the attack speed... i do have sb bol too. and demonic gift sperion combo. lol

Comment

If he has a higher level perfect frag than you that could explain it too- both the amount of damage done and the activation rate go up at every level of perfect frag. If you are both at perfect X or higher though it doesn't explain it.

Comment

i think its pretty much a fair game if they make avernal split in to 3 level categories so that those people that are op would end up in their own "lottery" and us mediocre people can actually enjoy it again. no need to disable any passives. just those damn knockaround skills ! cant go take a bathroom break without coming back to being on another square lol

Comment

Not really, since then some people would make alts in the appropriate level ranges with perfect frags. Suddenly it is the same exact problem in the new AR as well. Besides, it isn't like they haven't already disabled other % based damage skills in AR (Fire Lord's skill, and Blood Breaking Kill sperion combo).

Comment

yeah but only the lvl 45-79 would be easily exploited seeing as most people over lvl 80 have a decent perfect frag. i doubt pwestee is gonna make perfect frag v or better rjust for avernal realm when her main could use those dc and fs to make the new frag... its a lot of resources that go in to that

Comment

It likely wouldn't happen until after people finished with their new frags, but it would happen eventually anyway. After that it is right back to the same problem, so making a new AR only really helps with the overcrowding issue (which would admittedly still be nice).

Comment

same thing in treasure trove, way too crowded in 80+.

Comment

Working...
                      X