Why oh why....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why oh why....

Why is it that a knight can drag further than a priest can attack? Which one is actually the "ranged" class?
    When a knight combines this drag with stun/root, the poor priest has no chance. *** is up with that???

the the advantage that knight has

Comment

Originally posted by kaching View Post
      Why is it that a knight can drag further than a priest can attack? Which one is actually the "ranged" class?
      When a knight combines this drag with stun/root, the poor priest has no chance. *** is up with that???
      Well, to be honest, I don't think ranged classes should be kiting anyway, it's basically a artificial stun. When one uses a dragon hook move, it pulls it forward, it's just evening out the odds. Seriously, if you were rooted from traps, while you couldn't hit any ranged classes, while they were hitting you like you're a test dummy, you can't hit back, while they can. Now, you're whining about the fact that you're not able to run away from a dragon hook, when using that dragon hook makes the fight fair?
      Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Unknown Genius

Server: S46
      Username: Katori
      Server: S54
      Username: SlainAgain
      Server: S64
      Username: SlainAgain
      First winner of the Snapshot contest.

Server: (next East PvP)
      Username: (Private. will not be told... yet.)

Waiting for a East PVP server!

Comment

if the preist only have buff skill or skill or passive skill that;

100% ingnore all Critical Damage receive
        or
        revive on the spot when dead and obtain 50% HP (cool down 3sec)
        or
        higher chance of critical RATE on preist when its attack target.
        or
        1 hit kill on a target and party member of the target is also dead. (cool down 30mins)

it will be fair from all class.................. i guess XD
        [VIP3]♀ANPAN!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Katori View Post
          Well, to be honest, I don't think ranged classes should be kiting anyway, it's basically a artificial stun. When one uses a dragon hook move, it pulls it forward, it's just evening out the odds. Seriously, if you were rooted from traps, while you couldn't hit any ranged classes, while they were hitting you like you're a test dummy, you can't hit back, while they can. Now, you're whining about the fact that you're not able to run away from a dragon hook, when using that dragon hook makes the fight fair?
          Evening the odds? A knight can drag/stun/kill me before i can do ANYTHING AT ALL (like a test dummy), thats exactly what u just complained about. How is that an even fight? Ur too funny, obviously another fail knight who likes to pwn helpless and frustrated priests.

@r2 Please reduce knights drag range or increase Priests attack range.
          Last edited by kaching; 10-04-2012, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Drag itself is a fine concept, as it gives a melee class a way to fight against ranged classes. However what makes it broken is the fact that the class having it has immense defense, large hp pool, decent-duration stun, more-than-long-enough root, then either hp leech (retribution rebirth tree) or 7s invul every 30s (protection rebirth tree).

Actually I think the biggest unbalanced thing that CS has is the stun: it is 100% chance to inflict if the skill connects, there is no way to reduce the stun duration except for an unreliable soul (forgiveness), the duration is too long (mostly 3.5-4s). With the above characteristics, plus the insane crit chance that people can get at high lvl, and the fact that crit def is NOT WORKING, I can say that during a fight, whoever pulls off a stun first will win. This is also the reason why priests are underpowered: priest's stun is a channelling skill.

Therefore, just from my opinion, if you want to balance the game, don't touch the drag skill, it is fine as it is. However stun needs to be revised. 100% chance to stun for 3.5-4s is a guaranteed death in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by nubheals View Post
              Drag itself is a fine concept, as it gives a melee class a way to fight against ranged classes. However what makes it broken is the fact that the class having it has immense defense, large hp pool, decent-duration stun, more-than-long-enough root, then either hp leech (retribution rebirth tree) or 7s invul every 30s (protection rebirth tree).

Actually I think the biggest unbalanced thing that CS has is the stun: it is 100% chance to inflict if the skill connects, there is no way to reduce the stun duration except for an unreliable soul (forgiveness), the duration is too long (mostly 3.5-4s). With the above characteristics, plus the insane crit chance that people can get at high lvl, and the fact that crit def is NOT WORKING, I can say that during a fight, whoever pulls off a stun first will win. This is also the reason why priests are underpowered: priest's stun is a channelling skill.

Therefore, just from my opinion, if you want to balance the game, don't touch the drag skill, it is fine as it is. However stun needs to be revised. 100% chance to stun for 3.5-4s is a guaranteed death in most cases.
              I have actually commented on the unfairness of stun against Priests in forums before, but all i got was trolls and flamers. If that cannot be addressed maybe the drag can, at least then i can fire 1 shot before i die. o.o

Comment

Originally posted by kaching View Post
                I have actually commented on the unfairness of stun against Priests in forums before, but all i got was trolls and flamers. If that cannot be addressed maybe the drag can, at least then i can fire 1 shot before i die. o.o
                Don't mind the haters, they have no clue what they're talking about..
                Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Ever tried Goddess Embrace against Dragonhook?
                  Crystal Saga:
                  IGN: speeds
                  Server: Windshear Peaks
                  Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
                  Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
                  Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
                  IGN: Speeds16
                  Server: Temple of Ibalize
                  Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

Originally posted by speeds16 View Post
                    Ever tried Goddess Embrace against Dragonhook?
                    Yes I tried, the problem is GE has 60s cooldown, while knight's hook has 15s cooldown and stun has 25s cooldown (forgot the cooldown of shockblade). And during that 10s GE, the knight can easily use titan guard / angelic blessing to negate almost all my damage while can still attack me, wait for GE to runs out and hook/stun/shockblade again.

Comment

goddess embrace does not work against hook/drag if you have the buff on, you can still be debuffed by knight skill wich needs to be fixed because the knight debuff is a negative buff wich is suposed to not affect the one with GE buff because its a negative effect unlike dragon hook wich isnt really a negative effect, but knights already abused the debuff skill they had, it didn't make any difference they just killed you alot faster cos of no more buffs on you, but maybe if you change some stuff it will be balanced unlike like it is for a while now.

Comment

You chose a support class and your complaining you get killed? Boohoo.
                        How to be an OP Hybrid Knight:

Comment

How about you just put skill points on everything opposite of what a knight can do? Either it'll help it not kill you so quick, or it could possible negate a knights attack. As far as I know, every class has one that will negate another classes attack effect, or even just freeze them or protect you altogether.
                          power, speed, precision and fear no pain - Muay Thai motto

Comment

Working...
                          X