Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask: socketed gems when upgrading frag weapons (confused o.O)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask: socketed gems when upgrading frag weapons (confused o.O)

Guys, I'm still confused until now. Some people said that any socketed gems will still be intact when we upgrade our frag weapons. And some said we need to remove the gems before upgrading. But then, some others said that we only need to remove gems when we want to upgrade from Earthen VII to Superior I.

So which one is true? Because I am planning to socket a flawless gem into my Earthen IV frag weapon and I'll go bang my head if I lose the gem. And since I am still lvl 50, thus I can't farm gem remover from KD yet.

You don't have to remove those gems at all. Those gems will stay even after Earthen VII -> Superior I upgrade.

Comment

Wow really? Thanks a lot for the info Butterfactory now I'm gonna socket the gems right away

Comment

is that same with savage or slayer set??
        [VIP3]♀ANPAN!!!!!!

Comment

u lose the gems on savage or slayer. ONLY FRAG RETAINS GEMS. Everything other equips that upgrade lose gems
          How to be an OP Hybrid Knight:

Comment

lawrie is wrong.

You lose gems with savage.

However, you still keep gems with slayer. Both frag and slayer keep gems when upgrading. I not only know this from experience, but I also have proof.

R2CS_Chito: "Upgrading/synthesizing your Savage gears and other Equipment will reset to its basic form. Gems and enchantments will be gone. Slayer Set, however, will retain the gems when upgraded/synthesized."

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ge+slayer+gems
            Last edited by (S14)Squintina; 10-05-2012, 08:53 AM.
            (S14)Squintina
            LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
            LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

And to clarify it even more:
              When upgrading Savage to Savage you loose the gems.
              When upgrading Savage to Slayers you keep the gems. (I vouch for it)
              When Upgrading Slayers to Slayers (color higher) you keep the gems.

And for Frag you just keep them at all times so socket as soon as you can really.
              Le derp alt. I remembered I'm logged on this account after I posted.
              IGN: Smurfs16
              Server: Windshear peaks - Emperor
              [Eidolon] Holy priest Lv100 supporting with curses.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation guys. Really helpful. Now I know what to do for the gems

Comment

Working...
                X