My opinion/view on Knights!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My opinion/view on Knights!

For a knight, I recorded what we get per level from 1-10.

What I saw was this:

Per level we get:

+1 Strength
    +1-2 Endurance
    +0-1 Agility
    +0-1 Intellect
    +80-93 HP (Varies per level, seems to increase more and more as you level)

There didn't seem to be any "natural" stat gains to your secondary stats (Like crit, hit, patk, matk, dodge... ect)

Per 1 Strength we get:

3 Health
    2 Physical Attack

Per 1 Endurance we get:

16 Health
    1 Physical Defense

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From experience I have noticed this for Physical Defense:

Monsters each have a damage range. For example: 40-60 damage. Physical Defense, mitigates a FLAT amount from the randomized number. So if I have let's say 5 Physical Defense, the monster that hits for 40-60 damage now hits for 35-55 damage.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From experience I have noticed this for Damage Reduction:

Same as above except it is percent (%) based. If I have 10% damage reduction and the monster hits 40-60, he will now it me for 36-54 damage.

From lack of experience (Physical Defense and Damage Reduction):

It is unknown how the flat amount is calculated with the %. Does the flat amount get mitigated then damage reduction % or the opposite? It is unknown.

My ultimate concern!

To be a tank and/or hybrid tank, what would be the ultimate stat distribution?

Here is what I came up with:

1.) Intellect is completely negligable. Mana is unnecessary, magic defense (1 per point) is barely anything, and we don't use magic attack.

2.) Agility is a questionable attribute. Dodge is the only useful stat with agility. Here is why! Critical strikes in this game do 50% more damage. (Example: 100 damage hit OR 150 damage critical hit). You need a lot of agility to get past 10% crit, and those points are better spent on actual damage (Strength) or defense (Endurance).

3.) Strength and Endurance... Here is where it gets interesting. Many will argue, what is the perfect distribution of str/end? Well, in order to get this data, I would need to look at a level 100 base stats from leveling, stats after you get decent gear, and how much players/monsters hit you at level 100.

Damage Reduction is by far the best stat in the game because of the way physical defense works. If a guy hits you for 10000 and you are a mage for example, you probably have low physical defense, maybe 300.... So the attack will deal around 9700. Which is essentially the entire attack... But if you had 40% damage reduction PLUS 300 physical defense, the attack will only deal around 5500-5700 damage.

Why is that important? Well, that is the reason why knights are the "tanks" of Crystal Saga. Knights are the only class that can get very high values of damage reduction.

Earth's Blessing: 10% Damage Reduction
    Steroids: 15% Damage Reduction
    Equipment: 10-15% Depends on your gear
    New Goddess/Soul stats: ??? (Not sure how much you can get from these)

In total, if you try hard enough, you can get 40%+ damage reduction. Top that with high HP, high pdef/mdef, and decent patk... Knights are born killers!

Conclusion:

After inspecting level 100's on other servers and looking at there stats. I came to the conclusion, stat distribution plays a bigger impact early in the game and starts to diminish importance later on. The equipment you can get later has mega stats and the amount you get per stats point at later levels just don't seem to matter.

One knight had 210000 health and 20000 pdef and a 64% damage reduction... Do you think 1 str or 1 end would even dent that?

So my conclusion, if you plan on getting to level 100, just put stats in whereever you feel comfortable. For me, I'm going to do 2 str and 1 end every level. Might add a few more into endurance if I feel I need more hp/defense.

Happy Hunting!

Nice! Thats why I play as knight

Comment

Yea! Knight rocks! Haha
      Class : TANKER Knight
      Name : (S34)Capo
      Server : (S34)Void Encampment
      Level : 63 Scion LEVELING
      Honor : Archduke
      Wife : (S34)Bia
      Guild : (S30)AngelHearts
      Pets : Teeka, Super Demon