Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] Knight - Dungeon Lord Build (Level 1-50)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] Knight - Dungeon Lord Build (Level 1-50)

Hello, everyone. I just want to make a brief non-casher guide about the class "Knight." A Knight is the melee physical DPS and tank class. That means that you can do dungeons effectively because you are a DPS and a tank especially with a Priest by your side to heal you. You should make a Priest alt. With this, you can solo "Revenant's Vault - Normal" at level 30, "Revenant's Vault - Hard" at level 33 and "Revenant's Vault - Nightmare" at level 40. Yes, level 40. You and your Priest alt can do RVNM at just level 40. If you follow my guide, you can easily beat RVNM. The advantage of having been able to do RVNM earlier is that you can start upgrading your Mount and Wings earlier (or if you're on a new server in which MUTs can be sold for like 1 gold coin, you can sell all your loot and wait for the prices to go down and then buy MUTs for like 40 silver coins or something).

Well, in my guide, I will only cover things that will help you mostly in PVE and not PVP.

Stat Points

A lot of people will tell you different stat builds but I will just try to give an explanation on all of them.

3 Endurance per level - endurance for more PDEF and HP, this will help you tank with no problem, not recommended because with this, you will lack in PATK unless you have an awesome weapon
    3 Strength per level - strength for more PATK, this will help you kill enemies faster, I would recommend this because you don't have to worry about survivability because you have a Priest alt to heal you
    2 Endurance and 1 Strength per level - a mix of stats to give you PDEF and a small PATK
    2 Strength and 1 Endurance per level - a mix of stats to give you PATK and a small PDEF

Skill Build

Remember, some skills are not worth leveling. As much as possible, I would like to have more level 1 skills than have only a few level 5 skills. And, there's no point in leveling some skills that have an "Improved" version (example: Fierce Attack > Improved Fierce Attack) because in the end, you're only going to use the "Improved" version because you can't use both skills at the same time (example: you used Fierce Attack, Improved Fierce Attack will also have to undergo a "cooldown" state and vice versa).

Click image for larger version

Name:	ks1.png
Views:	1
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	1736760

Hybrid Retribution (focuses on dealing damage to your enemies, I would recommend this skill build for faster dungeon runs)

Fierce Attack - I - just a normal damaging skill
    Slayer's Swipe - I - the only magical damaging skill you have, much better in damaging physical type enemies because physical type units have low MDEF and vice versa
    Improved Fierce Attack - I - the improved version of Fierce Attack

Valiant Slash - I - deals damage and also improve your Critical Rating for a few seconds
    Saber Slash - I - your first AOE skill, useful in damaging multiple enemies surrounding you at once
    Crucify - I -it damages multiple enemies in a line at once

Ironblood - V - a passive skill that increases your PATK, take this first and maximize it to be able to kill enemies faster
    Slow - I - a passive skill that gives you a chance to decrease your enemy's movement speed when attacking, useless skill for PVE, the only reason you take it is to be able to take the skills down the tree
    Charge - I - with this skill, you will instantly be within melee range and slows your enemy's movement speed, useless skill for PVE, the only reason you take it is to be able to take the skills down the tree
    Revenge - I - it passively increases your PATK when your HP is below 70% but we don't want our HP to be lower than 70% now, do we? you have a Priest to heal you and that will never happen anyway, useless skill
    Improved Ironblood - V - a passive skill that increases your PATK but decreases your PDEF and MDEF, this is a good skill to give you more PATK to kill bosses easily, the decrease in PDEF and MDEF will not be a problem because your Priest can heal you and you will not have any problems with survivability

Battle Hymn - V - a buff that increases your maximum HP

Hybrid Protection (focuses on making you "tanky" as possible)

Battle Hymn - V - a buff that increases your maximum HP

Shield Strike - I - a damaging skill that also increases your Threat (threat keeps enemies to attack you instead of your teammates)
    Sword of Spring - I - a damaging skill that heals you for a certain amount of (small) HP
    Dragon Hook - I - it pulls your enemy to melee range, useless skill for PVE, the only reason you take it is to be able to take the skills down the tree
    Improved Shield Strike - I - the improved version of Shield Strike
    Improved Sword of Spring - I - the improved version of Sword of Spring

Earth's Blessing - V - increases your PDEF and MDEF, also increases your Physical Damage Reduction and Magical Damage Reduction, take this first and maximize it and watch enemies attack you for 1 damage
    Wave - I - it's a toggle on-off skill, it damages enemies around you every 3 seconds when active, the damage is based on your PDEF unlike other skills which is based on your PATK
    Improved Earth's Blessing - V - increases your PDEF and MDEF

Valiant Slash - I - deals damage and also improve your Critical Rating for a few seconds
    Saber Slash - I - your first AOE skill, useful in damaging multiple enemies surrounding you at once
    Crucify - I -it damages multiple enemies in a line at once

Equipment

Just take the Savage/Slayer set. At level 40 (and you have to be Baron as well), you can wear the first set of Savage equipment.

How to get Honor? Main quests give you Honor. Just keep on doing main quests until they don't give Honor anymore. Then, do bath. Each time you enter the Valley of Light, you will get 20 Honor. Also, make your own guild and do all 20 guild daily quests if possible (because sometimes, the quests requires you to kill high level monsters and even go to Blood Coliseum which is only accessible at level 45) which gives 500 Honor all. You can sell some of the PCs and PDS you got from Indigo Blight to other people to get that 5 gold coins to be able to make a guild. Do all 10 Starglade Tour quests which gives 50 Honor all. If possible, complete the Guild Resource Quest which gives 250(?) Honor. Attend Sengolia (80 Honor if lose/tie, 240 Honor if won) twice a day and Hellstorm (100 Honor from Participation Pack) once a day. If you have the time, do all 20 Daily Hunt which will give 200 Honor all. Oh, and also entering Training Grounds give 20(?) Honor.

If you do all that, you can be Baron right at level 40 or even before level 40.

Savage Sword or Fragarach Sword?

Savage Sword can only be used when you are Count but it's totally free. Fragarach Sword gives better stats and you can use it whatever your Honor is but it will cost a lot. It depends on you and the server if people sell FSE very expensive but I would just recommend the Savage Sword.

Priest

For your Priest, just remember that at level 30, you should have 600-800 Heal (I'm talking about the stat when you look at your character panel) and at level 40, you should have 1000-1200 Heal. Just do Indigo Blight until you made a Pristine Dreamwalker Ring and Pristine Dreamwalker Necklace for your Priest because these two gives you a plus Heal. Give the Pristine Dreamwalker Shards you got from your Knight to your Priest. And also upgrade the Pristine Dreamwalker Ring and Pristine Dreamwalker Necklace to Pristine Ethereal Ring and Pristine Ethereal Necklace respectively. Then, just buy Epic Ethereal Shards (usually, in new servers we set the price at 1g each) from the top players to make an Epic Ethereal's Saint Robe and Epic Ethereal's Saint Crown. If you still have enough, make an Epic Ethereal's Saint Ring and replace your Pristine Ethereal Ring. These three gives you a plus Heal as well. And if you still have enough, you can make Epic Ethereal's Savior Necklace, Gloves and Boots for extra stats. Get a Fragarach Staff if you can. Also, make an Epic Bloodforge Set and use it instead of Epic Ethereal Set when you're level 50+.

Why not Savage/Slayer Set?

Well, Savage/Slayer Set offers worst stats to a Priest, especially to a Support Priest. The only thing good about that is the Cast Speed you get from Weapon and Ring. But +3% (from Green Savage Weapon/Ring) Cast Speed really sucks and you'd rather go for a Fragarach Staff and Epic Saint's Ring which gives plus Heal rather than Savage/Slayer Weapon and Ring.

Stat Points

3 Endurance per level - this is only for pure Blood Priest and you are a Support Priest, you don't need Endurance because you are not gonna tank in the first place anyway, you are just to heal
    2 Intellect and 1 Endurance per level - gives Heal and a little PDEF but you don't need Endurance because you are not gonna tank in the first place anyway, you are just to heal
    2 Endurance and 1 Intellect per level - gives PDEF and a little Heal but you don't need Endurance because you are not gonna tank in the first place anyway, you are just to heal
    3 Intellect per level - the only option you should take because this Priest is only to heal your Knight, 3 Intellect per level will give you more Heal

Skill Build

Name:	ps1.png
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	1736787

Hybrid Priest (this is actually my favorite, although the skills in Blood Tree will not help you do dungeons because you are only gonna heal your Knight, I still like those skills because with them, you be able to grind well and kill enemies faster)

Light Heal - V - your one and only heal skill that you are going to use and it's also the only useful heal skill, max this to have higher heal

Guardian's Protection - V - buff that increases PDEF and MDEF
    Pure in Heart - I - useful against bosses that have a debuff
    Revive - I - useful while doing Ladder to revive teammates who died
    Angel's Blessing - V - passive skill that restores HP and MP every 10 seconds, with this you can solo Bath and you don't have to worry about potions anymore

Blood Beam - I - use this as your normal attack skill instead of Light Missile
    Life Drain - I - damages an enemy for a small amount of HP and heals you for the same amount
    Blood Pact - I - just a normal damaging skill which is based on MATK and maximum HP
    Improved Blood Beam - I - improved version of Blood Beam, use this as your normal attack skill instead of Blood Beam
    Improved Life Drain - I - improved version of Life Drain

Curse Mastery - I - increases your maximum HP
    Curse of the Weakness - I - an AOE skill that decreases PATK and MATK of affected units, also roots them for the first two seconds that the ring is active
    Ring of Decay - I - an AOE skill that decreases PDEF and MDEF of affected units, also roots them for the first two seconds that the ring is active

There are other skill builds but I stick with this one. However, if you truly want to make your Priest a pure support, take out the skills from the Blood Beam tree and go down the Light Heal and take Saint's Strength and maximize it. It will increase your Heal stat while active but it will slowly drain your MP. The curses could help you in dungeons however. You can put them in AFK settings and you will cast the curse ring around your Knight (which will hit the boss your Knight is attacking).
    Last edited by RandomGamer; 06-15-2013, 10:15 AM.
    life is unfair

AFK Settings

Here's how your Priest AFK Settings will look like.

Name:	pafk.png
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1670400

Just un-check all the monsters and put Light Heal (you can also put other skills like Pure in Heart in case you are facing a boss with debuffs like Bonecrusher's stun and decrease PDEF and Neratul's curse but it's better to manually use Pure in Heart and time in whenever the boss use his debuff) on the "Skills" place. Then, click your Knight and enable your AFK. If you do it right, your Priest will just keeps on healing your Knight on and on. For your Knight, just put all your skills on the "Skills" place and enable AFK. Enable Wave (if you go for Earth's Blessing tree) too.

Pets

Well, having two pets with Charm skill will help. Teeka (and also other event pets which usually have the same skills as Teeka) has Charm. All other pets can learn Charm (there's a chance that they do), Bear Cub, Archer, even that Boxing Bear can learn Charm.

This is what you should do with them. Your first pet will Charm the boss. Wait 'till it has been somewhere between 3.5 and 4 seconds (for level 1 Charm because it silences an enemy for 4 seconds) then quickly summon your second pet. That pet will charm the boss again. Then, wait for the pet summoning cooldown ends and summon your other pet for another charm. With this, you can do an 8 second silence followed by 4 second silence every 10 seconds.

Walking in the Dungeon

Here's how you walk from the starting spot to Bonecrusher's area without pulling any other enemy.

Name:	rv2b.png
Size:	479.9 KB
ID:	1670401

Here's how you walk from Bonecrusher's area to Neratul's area without pulling any other enemy (there are other ways but this is what I have been using. I sometimes pull a single Undead Guardian/Corpsewalker but there's an exact spot where you have to click to not pull any enemy at all).

Name:	rv2n.png
Size:	477.6 KB
ID:	1670402

Here's how you walk from Neratul's area to Vega's area.

Name:	rv2v.png
Size:	476.9 KB
ID:	1670403
    Last edited by RandomGamer; 06-15-2013, 10:13 AM.
    life is unfair

Comment

More to be added
      life is unfair

Comment

Working...
      X